Arsenal FC Transfer News: £35million Fee to Acquire Barcelona Striker Agreed
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 10, 2014 11:06 PM EST
Arsenal and FC Barcelona have been reported to have had agreed that striker Alexis Sanchez will be released for £35million.
BBC Sport correspondent David Ornstein made the revelation via social media, but added that the 25-year-old will still have to undergo a medical in order to make the deal final.
Arsenal and FC Barcelona have been reported to have had agreed on a fee involving Alexis Sanchez
— David Ornstein (@bbcsport_david) July 10, 2014
The Chilean international, who found the back of the net twice in this year's World Cup finals, enjoyed is coming off his most successful season at the Nou Camp as far as participation and output are concerned.
He was able to tally 21 goals and 17 assists in 54 appearances in all competitions, enough to catch interests from top European clubs like Liverpool, who have been suggested to be interested in swapping Luis Suarez plus cash for Sanchez.
The Tocopilla native has already come a long way since his days with Udinese, wherein he used his loan spells with Colo-Colo and River Plate to his advantage before plying his trade in the Serie A for three years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group Stage: Puerto Rico vs. Argentina Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: France vs. Serbia Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Daley Blind Is 'Not Strong Enough' For The Premier League - Scholes
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How