Arsenal FC Transfer News: £35million Fee to Acquire Barcelona Striker Agreed
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 10, 2014 11:06 PM EST
Arsenal and FC Barcelona have been reported to have had agreed that striker Alexis Sanchez will be released for £35million.
BBC Sport correspondent David Ornstein made the revelation via social media, but added that the 25-year-old will still have to undergo a medical in order to make the deal final.
Arsenal and FC Barcelona have been reported to have had agreed on a fee involving Alexis Sanchez
— David Ornstein (@bbcsport_david) July 10, 2014
The Chilean international, who found the back of the net twice in this year's World Cup finals, enjoyed is coming off his most successful season at the Nou Camp as far as participation and output are concerned.
He was able to tally 21 goals and 17 assists in 54 appearances in all competitions, enough to catch interests from top European clubs like Liverpool, who have been suggested to be interested in swapping Luis Suarez plus cash for Sanchez.
The Tocopilla native has already come a long way since his days with Udinese, wherein he used his loan spells with Colo-Colo and River Plate to his advantage before plying his trade in the Serie A for three years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Los Angeles Clippers 2014-2015 NBA Preview: Chris Paul, Blake And Lob City Aiming High
- ‘The X Factor Australia' 2014 Winner Prediction - Dean Ray Will Win Title, According To Betting Odds; Marlisa Punzalan, Brothers 3 Are The Underdogs
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored
- Spain Offers To Train Iraqi Troops To Fight Back ISIS Militants: Kurdish Forces Making Gains In Kobani Against ISIS Surge