Iggy Azalea Reacts to Fancy Cover by Jimmy Fallon as Neil Young on The Tonight Show [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 10, 2014 11:03 PM EST
Comedian Jimmy Fallon recently impersonated Neil Young and sang a cover of "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea and Charli XCX on NBC's "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon." He was joined by Graham Nash, David Crosby and Stephen Stills on stage. Iggy Azalea reacted to the "Fancy" cover by Jimmy Fallon as Neil Young on "The Tonight Show." She posted her reaction along with a video of Fallon, Nash, Crosby and Stills' performance of "Fancy" on her official Instagram account. Read on to find out more about it.
Iggy Azalea performs "Fancy" during the 2014 BET Awards in Los Angeles, California June 29, 2014.
According to Billboard, "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea and Charli XCX has topped its Hot 100 charts for the seventh week already. No wonder Fallon sang a folksy version of the hit song "Fancy" using an acoustic guitar. He also accompanied his performance with a harmonica.
Fallon reportedly impersonated Neil Young while singing "Fancy" because he is a huge fan of him.
Iggy Azalea, whose real name is Amethyst Amelia Kelly, reacted to the "Fancy" cover by Jimmy Fallon as Neil Young on "The Tonight Show."
"This made my whole day, so amazing - Iam not worthy! Thanks to whoever came up with this idea. Brilliantly done guys," posted Iggy Azalea on Instagram.
Meanwhile, Charli XCX had no reaction posted online about Jimmy Fallon's performance of their hit single. But, she did perform her song "Boom Clap" on the same night. However, she did it on a different show, which is the "Late Night With Seth Meyers."
It looks like Jimmy Fallon helped boosted the popularity of "Fancy" even more. Billboard reported that the song topped Twitter's Trending 140 chart after the said Neil Young performance with David Crosby, Stephen Stills and Graham Nash.
Iggy Azalea hails from Australia in Mullumbimby, New South Wales. Aside from being a recording artist, she is also a model. "Fancy" featuring Charli XCX is part of her debut album "The New Classic" which was released on April 21, 2014. She also has another song called "Black Widow" with "Fifty Shades of Grey" star Rita Ora, which was released on July 8, 2014. Aside from being in the limelight for her songs, a lot of people also talked about her being the subject of Nicki Minaj's speech at the 2014 BET Awards. As for "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," catch it on NBC weeknights at 11:35/10:35c.
Watch the Neil Young Sings "Fancy" with Crosby, Stills & Nash video from The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (Published on July 7, 2014) below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored