Iggy Azalea Reacts to Fancy Cover by Jimmy Fallon as Neil Young on The Tonight Show [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 10, 2014 11:03 PM EST
Comedian Jimmy Fallon recently impersonated Neil Young and sang a cover of "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea and Charli XCX on NBC's "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon." He was joined by Graham Nash, David Crosby and Stephen Stills on stage. Iggy Azalea reacted to the "Fancy" cover by Jimmy Fallon as Neil Young on "The Tonight Show." She posted her reaction along with a video of Fallon, Nash, Crosby and Stills' performance of "Fancy" on her official Instagram account. Read on to find out more about it.
Iggy Azalea performs "Fancy" during the 2014 BET Awards in Los Angeles, California June 29, 2014.
According to Billboard, "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea and Charli XCX has topped its Hot 100 charts for the seventh week already. No wonder Fallon sang a folksy version of the hit song "Fancy" using an acoustic guitar. He also accompanied his performance with a harmonica.
Fallon reportedly impersonated Neil Young while singing "Fancy" because he is a huge fan of him.
Iggy Azalea, whose real name is Amethyst Amelia Kelly, reacted to the "Fancy" cover by Jimmy Fallon as Neil Young on "The Tonight Show."
"This made my whole day, so amazing - Iam not worthy! Thanks to whoever came up with this idea. Brilliantly done guys," posted Iggy Azalea on Instagram.
Meanwhile, Charli XCX had no reaction posted online about Jimmy Fallon's performance of their hit single. But, she did perform her song "Boom Clap" on the same night. However, she did it on a different show, which is the "Late Night With Seth Meyers."
It looks like Jimmy Fallon helped boosted the popularity of "Fancy" even more. Billboard reported that the song topped Twitter's Trending 140 chart after the said Neil Young performance with David Crosby, Stephen Stills and Graham Nash.
Iggy Azalea hails from Australia in Mullumbimby, New South Wales. Aside from being a recording artist, she is also a model. "Fancy" featuring Charli XCX is part of her debut album "The New Classic" which was released on April 21, 2014. She also has another song called "Black Widow" with "Fifty Shades of Grey" star Rita Ora, which was released on July 8, 2014. Aside from being in the limelight for her songs, a lot of people also talked about her being the subject of Nicki Minaj's speech at the 2014 BET Awards. As for "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," catch it on NBC weeknights at 11:35/10:35c.
Watch the Neil Young Sings "Fancy" with Crosby, Stills & Nash video from The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (Published on July 7, 2014) below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate