Iggy Azalea Reacts to Fancy Cover by Jimmy Fallon as Neil Young on The Tonight Show [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 10, 2014 11:03 PM EST
Comedian Jimmy Fallon recently impersonated Neil Young and sang a cover of "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea and Charli XCX on NBC's "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon." He was joined by Graham Nash, David Crosby and Stephen Stills on stage. Iggy Azalea reacted to the "Fancy" cover by Jimmy Fallon as Neil Young on "The Tonight Show." She posted her reaction along with a video of Fallon, Nash, Crosby and Stills' performance of "Fancy" on her official Instagram account. Read on to find out more about it.
Iggy Azalea performs "Fancy" during the 2014 BET Awards in Los Angeles, California June 29, 2014.
According to Billboard, "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea and Charli XCX has topped its Hot 100 charts for the seventh week already. No wonder Fallon sang a folksy version of the hit song "Fancy" using an acoustic guitar. He also accompanied his performance with a harmonica.
Fallon reportedly impersonated Neil Young while singing "Fancy" because he is a huge fan of him.
Iggy Azalea, whose real name is Amethyst Amelia Kelly, reacted to the "Fancy" cover by Jimmy Fallon as Neil Young on "The Tonight Show."
"This made my whole day, so amazing - Iam not worthy! Thanks to whoever came up with this idea. Brilliantly done guys," posted Iggy Azalea on Instagram.
Meanwhile, Charli XCX had no reaction posted online about Jimmy Fallon's performance of their hit single. But, she did perform her song "Boom Clap" on the same night. However, she did it on a different show, which is the "Late Night With Seth Meyers."
It looks like Jimmy Fallon helped boosted the popularity of "Fancy" even more. Billboard reported that the song topped Twitter's Trending 140 chart after the said Neil Young performance with David Crosby, Stephen Stills and Graham Nash.
Iggy Azalea hails from Australia in Mullumbimby, New South Wales. Aside from being a recording artist, she is also a model. "Fancy" featuring Charli XCX is part of her debut album "The New Classic" which was released on April 21, 2014. She also has another song called "Black Widow" with "Fifty Shades of Grey" star Rita Ora, which was released on July 8, 2014. Aside from being in the limelight for her songs, a lot of people also talked about her being the subject of Nicki Minaj's speech at the 2014 BET Awards. As for "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," catch it on NBC weeknights at 11:35/10:35c.
Watch the Neil Young Sings "Fancy" with Crosby, Stills & Nash video from The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (Published on July 7, 2014) below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health