MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 47 Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge, 200 Fans Get to Decide Who Wins
By Janice Somosot | July 10, 2014 8:33 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 47 aired on Wednesday, July 9, 2014. It featured the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge wherein 200 fans got to decide who wins among Tracy, Brent, Laura, Renae, Emelia, Amy, Jamie and Ben. Wondering what else happened in this episode? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 47.
In "MasterChef Australia 6," Episode 47, the contestants were divided into four teams (Red Team, Blue Team, Yellow Team and Green Team) and they had to cook various street food from Asian countries including Vietnam, Thailand, Japanese and China. Not only that, but they had to prepare these Asian dishes for 200 fans of "MasterChef Australia." After tasting their creations, these fans will have the contestants' fate in their hands as they decide who wins the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge.
The remaining contestants also got to partner with four mentors who are professional chefs including Frank Shek, Adrian Li, Jarrod Hudson and Shaun Presland.
Here are the teams and their members:
1. Blue Team (Thai Food) - Jamie Fleming and Laura Cassai with Easy Tiger's Chef Jarrod Hudson
2. Red Team (Japanese Food) - Ben Macdonald and Renae Smith with Sake's Chef Shaun Presland
3. Green Team (Vietnamese Food) - Tracy Collins and Brent Owens with Saigon Sally and Hanoi Hannah's Chef Adrian Li
4. Yellow Team (Chinese Food) - Amy Shields and Emelia Jackson with China Doll's Chef Frank Shek
"MasterChef Australia" 6 judges Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris joined mentor Kylie Kwong to observe and facilitate the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge.
After tasting the Asian dishes served to them, the 200 fans voted on which team they liked best. They chose the Blue Team's Thai cuisine as the winner. Congratulations Laura, Jamie and Chef Jarrod Hudson of Easy Tiger!
Click HERE to see photos of the Asian Street Food Challenge from the official Web site gallery of "MasterChef Australia."
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 47 which featured the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge wherein 200 fans got to decide who wins among the remaining contestants. It was shown on July 9, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about your favourite Australian cooking competition and other news about entertainment, technology, health and business.
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 46 The Bittersweet Final Immunity Pin Challenge Against Professional Chef John Lawson [WATCH VIDEO]
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 45 The Gelato Messina Pressure Test Eliminates Sarah Todd [WATCH VIDEO]
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 44 The Retro Challenge Using Various Apricot Chicken Recipes [WATCH VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage