MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 47 Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge, 200 Fans Get to Decide Who Wins
By Janice Somosot | July 10, 2014 8:33 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 47 aired on Wednesday, July 9, 2014. It featured the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge wherein 200 fans got to decide who wins among Tracy, Brent, Laura, Renae, Emelia, Amy, Jamie and Ben. Wondering what else happened in this episode? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 47.
In "MasterChef Australia 6," Episode 47, the contestants were divided into four teams (Red Team, Blue Team, Yellow Team and Green Team) and they had to cook various street food from Asian countries including Vietnam, Thailand, Japanese and China. Not only that, but they had to prepare these Asian dishes for 200 fans of "MasterChef Australia." After tasting their creations, these fans will have the contestants' fate in their hands as they decide who wins the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge.
The remaining contestants also got to partner with four mentors who are professional chefs including Frank Shek, Adrian Li, Jarrod Hudson and Shaun Presland.
Here are the teams and their members:
1. Blue Team (Thai Food) - Jamie Fleming and Laura Cassai with Easy Tiger's Chef Jarrod Hudson
2. Red Team (Japanese Food) - Ben Macdonald and Renae Smith with Sake's Chef Shaun Presland
3. Green Team (Vietnamese Food) - Tracy Collins and Brent Owens with Saigon Sally and Hanoi Hannah's Chef Adrian Li
4. Yellow Team (Chinese Food) - Amy Shields and Emelia Jackson with China Doll's Chef Frank Shek
"MasterChef Australia" 6 judges Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris joined mentor Kylie Kwong to observe and facilitate the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge.
After tasting the Asian dishes served to them, the 200 fans voted on which team they liked best. They chose the Blue Team's Thai cuisine as the winner. Congratulations Laura, Jamie and Chef Jarrod Hudson of Easy Tiger!
Click HERE to see photos of the Asian Street Food Challenge from the official Web site gallery of "MasterChef Australia."
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 47 which featured the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge wherein 200 fans got to decide who wins among the remaining contestants. It was shown on July 9, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about your favourite Australian cooking competition and other news about entertainment, technology, health and business.
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 46 The Bittersweet Final Immunity Pin Challenge Against Professional Chef John Lawson [WATCH VIDEO]
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 45 The Gelato Messina Pressure Test Eliminates Sarah Todd [WATCH VIDEO]
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 44 The Retro Challenge Using Various Apricot Chicken Recipes [WATCH VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones