MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 47 Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge, 200 Fans Get to Decide Who Wins
By Janice Somosot | July 10, 2014 8:33 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 47 aired on Wednesday, July 9, 2014. It featured the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge wherein 200 fans got to decide who wins among Tracy, Brent, Laura, Renae, Emelia, Amy, Jamie and Ben. Wondering what else happened in this episode? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 47.
In "MasterChef Australia 6," Episode 47, the contestants were divided into four teams (Red Team, Blue Team, Yellow Team and Green Team) and they had to cook various street food from Asian countries including Vietnam, Thailand, Japanese and China. Not only that, but they had to prepare these Asian dishes for 200 fans of "MasterChef Australia." After tasting their creations, these fans will have the contestants' fate in their hands as they decide who wins the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge.
The remaining contestants also got to partner with four mentors who are professional chefs including Frank Shek, Adrian Li, Jarrod Hudson and Shaun Presland.
Here are the teams and their members:
1. Blue Team (Thai Food) - Jamie Fleming and Laura Cassai with Easy Tiger's Chef Jarrod Hudson
2. Red Team (Japanese Food) - Ben Macdonald and Renae Smith with Sake's Chef Shaun Presland
3. Green Team (Vietnamese Food) - Tracy Collins and Brent Owens with Saigon Sally and Hanoi Hannah's Chef Adrian Li
4. Yellow Team (Chinese Food) - Amy Shields and Emelia Jackson with China Doll's Chef Frank Shek
"MasterChef Australia" 6 judges Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris joined mentor Kylie Kwong to observe and facilitate the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge.
After tasting the Asian dishes served to them, the 200 fans voted on which team they liked best. They chose the Blue Team's Thai cuisine as the winner. Congratulations Laura, Jamie and Chef Jarrod Hudson of Easy Tiger!
Click HERE to see photos of the Asian Street Food Challenge from the official Web site gallery of "MasterChef Australia."
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 47 which featured the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge wherein 200 fans got to decide who wins among the remaining contestants. It was shown on July 9, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about your favourite Australian cooking competition and other news about entertainment, technology, health and business.
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 46 The Bittersweet Final Immunity Pin Challenge Against Professional Chef John Lawson [WATCH VIDEO]
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 45 The Gelato Messina Pressure Test Eliminates Sarah Todd [WATCH VIDEO]
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 44 The Retro Challenge Using Various Apricot Chicken Recipes [WATCH VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone