MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 47 Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge, 200 Fans Get to Decide Who Wins
By Janice Somosot | July 10, 2014 8:33 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 47 aired on Wednesday, July 9, 2014. It featured the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge wherein 200 fans got to decide who wins among Tracy, Brent, Laura, Renae, Emelia, Amy, Jamie and Ben. Wondering what else happened in this episode? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 47.
In "MasterChef Australia 6," Episode 47, the contestants were divided into four teams (Red Team, Blue Team, Yellow Team and Green Team) and they had to cook various street food from Asian countries including Vietnam, Thailand, Japanese and China. Not only that, but they had to prepare these Asian dishes for 200 fans of "MasterChef Australia." After tasting their creations, these fans will have the contestants' fate in their hands as they decide who wins the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge.
The remaining contestants also got to partner with four mentors who are professional chefs including Frank Shek, Adrian Li, Jarrod Hudson and Shaun Presland.
Here are the teams and their members:
1. Blue Team (Thai Food) - Jamie Fleming and Laura Cassai with Easy Tiger's Chef Jarrod Hudson
2. Red Team (Japanese Food) - Ben Macdonald and Renae Smith with Sake's Chef Shaun Presland
3. Green Team (Vietnamese Food) - Tracy Collins and Brent Owens with Saigon Sally and Hanoi Hannah's Chef Adrian Li
4. Yellow Team (Chinese Food) - Amy Shields and Emelia Jackson with China Doll's Chef Frank Shek
"MasterChef Australia" 6 judges Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris joined mentor Kylie Kwong to observe and facilitate the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge.
After tasting the Asian dishes served to them, the 200 fans voted on which team they liked best. They chose the Blue Team's Thai cuisine as the winner. Congratulations Laura, Jamie and Chef Jarrod Hudson of Easy Tiger!
Click HERE to see photos of the Asian Street Food Challenge from the official Web site gallery of "MasterChef Australia."
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 47 which featured the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge wherein 200 fans got to decide who wins among the remaining contestants. It was shown on July 9, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about your favourite Australian cooking competition and other news about entertainment, technology, health and business.
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 46 The Bittersweet Final Immunity Pin Challenge Against Professional Chef John Lawson [WATCH VIDEO]
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 45 The Gelato Messina Pressure Test Eliminates Sarah Todd [WATCH VIDEO]
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 44 The Retro Challenge Using Various Apricot Chicken Recipes [WATCH VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists