MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 47 Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge, 200 Fans Get to Decide Who Wins
By Janice Somosot | July 10, 2014 8:33 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 47 aired on Wednesday, July 9, 2014. It featured the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge wherein 200 fans got to decide who wins among Tracy, Brent, Laura, Renae, Emelia, Amy, Jamie and Ben. Wondering what else happened in this episode? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 47.
In "MasterChef Australia 6," Episode 47, the contestants were divided into four teams (Red Team, Blue Team, Yellow Team and Green Team) and they had to cook various street food from Asian countries including Vietnam, Thailand, Japanese and China. Not only that, but they had to prepare these Asian dishes for 200 fans of "MasterChef Australia." After tasting their creations, these fans will have the contestants' fate in their hands as they decide who wins the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge.
The remaining contestants also got to partner with four mentors who are professional chefs including Frank Shek, Adrian Li, Jarrod Hudson and Shaun Presland.
Here are the teams and their members:
1. Blue Team (Thai Food) - Jamie Fleming and Laura Cassai with Easy Tiger's Chef Jarrod Hudson
2. Red Team (Japanese Food) - Ben Macdonald and Renae Smith with Sake's Chef Shaun Presland
3. Green Team (Vietnamese Food) - Tracy Collins and Brent Owens with Saigon Sally and Hanoi Hannah's Chef Adrian Li
4. Yellow Team (Chinese Food) - Amy Shields and Emelia Jackson with China Doll's Chef Frank Shek
"MasterChef Australia" 6 judges Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris joined mentor Kylie Kwong to observe and facilitate the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge.
After tasting the Asian dishes served to them, the 200 fans voted on which team they liked best. They chose the Blue Team's Thai cuisine as the winner. Congratulations Laura, Jamie and Chef Jarrod Hudson of Easy Tiger!
Click HERE to see photos of the Asian Street Food Challenge from the official Web site gallery of "MasterChef Australia."
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 47 which featured the Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge wherein 200 fans got to decide who wins among the remaining contestants. It was shown on July 9, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about your favourite Australian cooking competition and other news about entertainment, technology, health and business.
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 46 The Bittersweet Final Immunity Pin Challenge Against Professional Chef John Lawson [WATCH VIDEO]
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 45 The Gelato Messina Pressure Test Eliminates Sarah Todd [WATCH VIDEO]
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 44 The Retro Challenge Using Various Apricot Chicken Recipes [WATCH VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales