Brazilian Mixed Martial Artist Marcos Souza Breaks Leg Like Anderson Silva’s Injury in UFC 168
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 10, 2014 4:27 PM EST
A Brazilian mixed martial artist had the same fate as Anderson Silva after breaking his leg during a fight.
Brazilian fighter Marcos Souza was engaged in a light heavyweight bout against Cristian Goetz at Favela Kombat 10 event over the weekend held at Sao Goncalo, Brazil, MMA Fighting reported. Like what happened with Silva during the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) 168 bout with Chris Weidman, Souza checked a kick and the result was horrifying. Souza's right leg broke from the kick. Souza fell on to the floor and the bout was immediately stopped.
Watch the graphic video below.
Video courtesy: YouTube/Esporte Interativo
As seen on the video, Souza's leg horribly twisted. According to reports, Souza broke his right tibia and underwent surgery on July 7.
Souza has only fought twice prior his match with Goetz, as seen on his profile on Sherdog. Souza fought twice in 2012 against Raul Bazan and Rodrigo Luiz Baido. He lost in both matches.
Goetz, on the other hand, has only fought once. He wrestled Alexandre Dipi at the AC Arena Combat 7 in November 2012 and won the fight. He now has a record of two wins after he was awarded the victory in his recent match. Souza's injury was counted as a technical knockout.
A UFC report stated that the recoveries for injuries like that of Silva and Souza is ideally three to six months, but it may still be different in some cases. For Silva, it took well over six months before he started training. In June, Silva posted a video of him doing some sparring sessions and training with his boxing coach Edelson at Team Noguiera in Brazil. Silva reportedly targets a return in the octagon ring by 2015. Silva is one of the most successful Brazilian mixed martial artists in the history of UFC. He had a 16-0 record in the UFC prior to losing to Weidman in 2013.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop