Best Leverage Email Marketing Tips
July 10, 2014 4:25 PM EST
Follow these marketing tips to improve your email marketing campaign to captivate your readers:
1. Build a permission-based list
- the concept of "permission marketing"-brands should first seek permission before sending customers email marketing messages
2. Know your audience
- Send emails based on specific user actions on your Web site or products to yield higher results.
3. Craft your message: Be consistent
- Keep the email content and templates consistent with the overall store to turn leads to familiarity and build customer trust. Keep the message personal and casual by writing in a conversational tone.
- Add personalised recommendations to increase click-through rates by 25-35 per cent and sales conversation rates by 15-25 per cent.
4. Understand the "real" subject line
- Mention the name of your company to built consistency and trust and use an H1 tag that has meaning.
Note: Avoid using "Free" in the subject line because it has been abused by spam marketers and to prevent customer's suspicion.
5. Retain customers with clever unsubscribe options
- An opportunity to think about the lifecycle of customers and way to come up with a win-win solution to retain customers. Bear in mind that customers unsubscribe for a variety of reasons like specific content and the volume of emails you are sending.
6. Make sure your emails work on mobile devices too
- Jordie Van Rijn shares some great statistics on mobile email marketing which shows that 48 per cent of all email is now opened on a mobile device.
- Email marketing campaigns should be optimised for mobile devices to dramatically increase opens and click-throughs.
7. Use email marketing toolsGoogle Analytics, KISSmetrics, and Woopra- analytics and tracking
- Spinnakr- dynamic landing page optimisation
- Vero-Email marketing
- Directed Edge or LiftSuggest-product recommendation engines