Couple News: Iron Man Actor Robert Downey Jr and Wife Susan Expecting Second Child, a Baby Girl in November
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 10, 2014 4:11 PM EST
Actor Robert Downey Jr will be welcoming a new girl in his life. The "Iron Man" star recently confirmed that he and his wife, Susan, are expecting their second child, a baby girl, in November.
The 49-year-old actor excitedly shared the news about his wife's pregnancy to his fans and followers on Facebook and Twitter. Additionally, Robert Downey Jr had a unique way of breaking the good news on the social media sites.
"Yo. Susan. Me. Baby. Girl. November. Scorpio?" the actor posted on his Twitter account @RobertDowneyJr on Thursday, July 10. The E!Online report noted down that the couple's second child will have the same zodiac sign as her mother which is Scorpio while the proud actor father is an Aries.
Afterwards, Robert Downey Jr made the announcement on his Facebook page with a witty message. "Um. I don't know if it's a 'man's world', but I'm certain women run it. Susan and I are therefore delighted to announce we are expecting a baby. Girl. November. rdj," the actor's Facebook post read.
The baby girl will be the second child for Robert and Susan after welcoming son Exton Elias Downey on Feb 7, 2012. The baby will be the "Iron Man" actor's third child but his first daughter.
Robert's first born child is Indio Falconer Downey with his ex-wife Deborah Falconer. Last July, the 20-year-old made headlines after getting arrested for possession of cocaine and drug paraphernalia.
Robert and Susan met while working on the 2003 film "Gothika." Robert Downey Jr starred in the film together with Halle Berry and Penelope Cruz while Susan Nicole Levin was the film's producer at that time. The couple tied the knot on Aug 27, 2005.
According to the LA Times report, Robert Downey Jr jokingly told host Jay Leno back in Dec 2011 that Susan's pregnancy with Exton Elias had been tougher on him than with her when it came to the hormones, mood stuff and nausea. When asked about what kind of father he wanted to be, the actor revealed that he does not want to be a hero to his son.
"I would like to be a very real human being. That's hard enough... Hero, to me, is not applicable to the human experience," Downey shared to Esquire.
Yo. Susan. Me. Baby. Girl. November. Scorpio?
— Robert Downey Jr (@RobertDowneyJr) July 9, 2014
More Articles to Read:
Robert Downey Jr Enters Son Indio in Malibu Rehab Facility after Cocaine Possession Arrest - [READ]
Iron Man 4 Speculations: Robert Downey Jr to be Killed Off in Avengers 2, Colin Farrell Tops Survey on Who the Next Tony Stark Is - [READ]
Robert Downey Jr Responds to Son's Arrest, Indio Falconer Downey Charged with Felony Cocaine Possession and Drug Paraphernalia - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid