Couple News: Iron Man Actor Robert Downey Jr and Wife Susan Expecting Second Child, a Baby Girl in November
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 10, 2014 4:11 PM EST
Actor Robert Downey Jr will be welcoming a new girl in his life. The "Iron Man" star recently confirmed that he and his wife, Susan, are expecting their second child, a baby girl, in November.
The 49-year-old actor excitedly shared the news about his wife's pregnancy to his fans and followers on Facebook and Twitter. Additionally, Robert Downey Jr had a unique way of breaking the good news on the social media sites.
"Yo. Susan. Me. Baby. Girl. November. Scorpio?" the actor posted on his Twitter account @RobertDowneyJr on Thursday, July 10. The E!Online report noted down that the couple's second child will have the same zodiac sign as her mother which is Scorpio while the proud actor father is an Aries.
Afterwards, Robert Downey Jr made the announcement on his Facebook page with a witty message. "Um. I don't know if it's a 'man's world', but I'm certain women run it. Susan and I are therefore delighted to announce we are expecting a baby. Girl. November. rdj," the actor's Facebook post read.
The baby girl will be the second child for Robert and Susan after welcoming son Exton Elias Downey on Feb 7, 2012. The baby will be the "Iron Man" actor's third child but his first daughter.
Robert's first born child is Indio Falconer Downey with his ex-wife Deborah Falconer. Last July, the 20-year-old made headlines after getting arrested for possession of cocaine and drug paraphernalia.
Robert and Susan met while working on the 2003 film "Gothika." Robert Downey Jr starred in the film together with Halle Berry and Penelope Cruz while Susan Nicole Levin was the film's producer at that time. The couple tied the knot on Aug 27, 2005.
According to the LA Times report, Robert Downey Jr jokingly told host Jay Leno back in Dec 2011 that Susan's pregnancy with Exton Elias had been tougher on him than with her when it came to the hormones, mood stuff and nausea. When asked about what kind of father he wanted to be, the actor revealed that he does not want to be a hero to his son.
"I would like to be a very real human being. That's hard enough... Hero, to me, is not applicable to the human experience," Downey shared to Esquire.
Yo. Susan. Me. Baby. Girl. November. Scorpio?
— Robert Downey Jr (@RobertDowneyJr) July 9, 2014
More Articles to Read:
Robert Downey Jr Enters Son Indio in Malibu Rehab Facility after Cocaine Possession Arrest - [READ]
Iron Man 4 Speculations: Robert Downey Jr to be Killed Off in Avengers 2, Colin Farrell Tops Survey on Who the Next Tony Stark Is - [READ]
Robert Downey Jr Responds to Son's Arrest, Indio Falconer Downey Charged with Felony Cocaine Possession and Drug Paraphernalia - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef