Couple News: Iron Man Actor Robert Downey Jr and Wife Susan Expecting Second Child, a Baby Girl in November
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 10, 2014 4:11 PM EST
Actor Robert Downey Jr will be welcoming a new girl in his life. The "Iron Man" star recently confirmed that he and his wife, Susan, are expecting their second child, a baby girl, in November.
The 49-year-old actor excitedly shared the news about his wife's pregnancy to his fans and followers on Facebook and Twitter. Additionally, Robert Downey Jr had a unique way of breaking the good news on the social media sites.
"Yo. Susan. Me. Baby. Girl. November. Scorpio?" the actor posted on his Twitter account @RobertDowneyJr on Thursday, July 10. The E!Online report noted down that the couple's second child will have the same zodiac sign as her mother which is Scorpio while the proud actor father is an Aries.
Afterwards, Robert Downey Jr made the announcement on his Facebook page with a witty message. "Um. I don't know if it's a 'man's world', but I'm certain women run it. Susan and I are therefore delighted to announce we are expecting a baby. Girl. November. rdj," the actor's Facebook post read.
The baby girl will be the second child for Robert and Susan after welcoming son Exton Elias Downey on Feb 7, 2012. The baby will be the "Iron Man" actor's third child but his first daughter.
Robert's first born child is Indio Falconer Downey with his ex-wife Deborah Falconer. Last July, the 20-year-old made headlines after getting arrested for possession of cocaine and drug paraphernalia.
Robert and Susan met while working on the 2003 film "Gothika." Robert Downey Jr starred in the film together with Halle Berry and Penelope Cruz while Susan Nicole Levin was the film's producer at that time. The couple tied the knot on Aug 27, 2005.
According to the LA Times report, Robert Downey Jr jokingly told host Jay Leno back in Dec 2011 that Susan's pregnancy with Exton Elias had been tougher on him than with her when it came to the hormones, mood stuff and nausea. When asked about what kind of father he wanted to be, the actor revealed that he does not want to be a hero to his son.
"I would like to be a very real human being. That's hard enough... Hero, to me, is not applicable to the human experience," Downey shared to Esquire.
Yo. Susan. Me. Baby. Girl. November. Scorpio?
— Robert Downey Jr (@RobertDowneyJr) July 9, 2014
More Articles to Read:
Robert Downey Jr Enters Son Indio in Malibu Rehab Facility after Cocaine Possession Arrest - [READ]
Iron Man 4 Speculations: Robert Downey Jr to be Killed Off in Avengers 2, Colin Farrell Tops Survey on Who the Next Tony Stark Is - [READ]
Robert Downey Jr Responds to Son's Arrest, Indio Falconer Downey Charged with Felony Cocaine Possession and Drug Paraphernalia - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen