Couple News: Iron Man Actor Robert Downey Jr and Wife Susan Expecting Second Child, a Baby Girl in November
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 10, 2014 4:11 PM EST
Actor Robert Downey Jr will be welcoming a new girl in his life. The "Iron Man" star recently confirmed that he and his wife, Susan, are expecting their second child, a baby girl, in November.
The 49-year-old actor excitedly shared the news about his wife's pregnancy to his fans and followers on Facebook and Twitter. Additionally, Robert Downey Jr had a unique way of breaking the good news on the social media sites.
"Yo. Susan. Me. Baby. Girl. November. Scorpio?" the actor posted on his Twitter account @RobertDowneyJr on Thursday, July 10. The E!Online report noted down that the couple's second child will have the same zodiac sign as her mother which is Scorpio while the proud actor father is an Aries.
Afterwards, Robert Downey Jr made the announcement on his Facebook page with a witty message. "Um. I don't know if it's a 'man's world', but I'm certain women run it. Susan and I are therefore delighted to announce we are expecting a baby. Girl. November. rdj," the actor's Facebook post read.
The baby girl will be the second child for Robert and Susan after welcoming son Exton Elias Downey on Feb 7, 2012. The baby will be the "Iron Man" actor's third child but his first daughter.
Robert's first born child is Indio Falconer Downey with his ex-wife Deborah Falconer. Last July, the 20-year-old made headlines after getting arrested for possession of cocaine and drug paraphernalia.
Robert and Susan met while working on the 2003 film "Gothika." Robert Downey Jr starred in the film together with Halle Berry and Penelope Cruz while Susan Nicole Levin was the film's producer at that time. The couple tied the knot on Aug 27, 2005.
According to the LA Times report, Robert Downey Jr jokingly told host Jay Leno back in Dec 2011 that Susan's pregnancy with Exton Elias had been tougher on him than with her when it came to the hormones, mood stuff and nausea. When asked about what kind of father he wanted to be, the actor revealed that he does not want to be a hero to his son.
"I would like to be a very real human being. That's hard enough... Hero, to me, is not applicable to the human experience," Downey shared to Esquire.
Yo. Susan. Me. Baby. Girl. November. Scorpio?
— Robert Downey Jr (@RobertDowneyJr) July 9, 2014
More Articles to Read:
Robert Downey Jr Enters Son Indio in Malibu Rehab Facility after Cocaine Possession Arrest - [READ]
Iron Man 4 Speculations: Robert Downey Jr to be Killed Off in Avengers 2, Colin Farrell Tops Survey on Who the Next Tony Stark Is - [READ]
Robert Downey Jr Responds to Son's Arrest, Indio Falconer Downey Charged with Felony Cocaine Possession and Drug Paraphernalia - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles