Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat With OmniROM
By Ryan Inoyori | July 10, 2014 4:11 PM EST
OmniROM has a new version which can update the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 smartphone to Android 4.4.4 KitKat. It features the default Android KitKat goodies, new security fix from Google and various customisations and tweaks.
1. Use this firmware on the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 model only.
2. Manually create backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the device.
3. The battery level must be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption.
4. Root the smartphone and install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod.
5. Enable USB debugging mode on the device found in the Settings menu.
6. Download and install the necessary USB drivers on the computer for Galaxy S2.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on your Galaxy S2 smartphone. Read and follow the instructions properly to avoid any issues to happen. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the OmniROM Android 4.4.4 custom ROM and the Google Apps package to the microSD card of the smartphone. No need to unzip the zip files.
3. Disconnect the smartphone from the computer and then turn it off.
4. Reboot the Galaxy S2 into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power keys at the same time. Use the volume rockers to navigate and the power key to select options.
5. Inside the Recovery Mode, create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup." You may restore the saved ROM anytime.
6. Perform a full wipe on the device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" then go to "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Install the OmniROM custom ROM. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the firmware zip file > confirm installation." Do the same with the Google Apps package.
8. Once the installation has been completed, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now." It may take at least five minutes before the device reaches the home screen.
For any bug or comments, send your reports to Android Veterans official Web page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones