Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat With OmniROM
By Ryan Inoyori | July 10, 2014 4:11 PM EST
OmniROM has a new version which can update the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 smartphone to Android 4.4.4 KitKat. It features the default Android KitKat goodies, new security fix from Google and various customisations and tweaks.
1. Use this firmware on the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 model only.
2. Manually create backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the device.
3. The battery level must be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption.
4. Root the smartphone and install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod.
5. Enable USB debugging mode on the device found in the Settings menu.
6. Download and install the necessary USB drivers on the computer for Galaxy S2.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on your Galaxy S2 smartphone. Read and follow the instructions properly to avoid any issues to happen. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the OmniROM Android 4.4.4 custom ROM and the Google Apps package to the microSD card of the smartphone. No need to unzip the zip files.
3. Disconnect the smartphone from the computer and then turn it off.
4. Reboot the Galaxy S2 into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power keys at the same time. Use the volume rockers to navigate and the power key to select options.
5. Inside the Recovery Mode, create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup." You may restore the saved ROM anytime.
6. Perform a full wipe on the device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" then go to "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Install the OmniROM custom ROM. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the firmware zip file > confirm installation." Do the same with the Google Apps package.
8. Once the installation has been completed, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now." It may take at least five minutes before the device reaches the home screen.
For any bug or comments, send your reports to Android Veterans official Web page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including The Satchel Of Savage Mysteries, Zidormi In Dustwallow Marsh And The Frostwall Mines
- High-End Tablets Face-Off: Google’s Nexus 9 Versus Apple’s iPad Air 2
- ‘GTA V' Heists Release Date Update: Rockstar Confirms DLC Out In ‘Early 2015'
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ News: More On Volcanion Event And Easy To Catch Legendaries
- ‘Minecraft Story Mode’ And Update 1.6.4 Coming With Details, Brings Witches, Horses And An Interesting Trailer