NBA News: Dallas Mavericks Sign Chandler Parsons to $46M Offer Sheet; Houston Rockets Have 3 Days to Match
By James Patrick Quizon | July 10, 2014 4:00 PM EST
The Dallas Mavericks are trying to pry away Chandler Parsons from Houston Rockets. The Mark Cuban-owned franchise signed the 25-year-old forward to a $46M three-year offer sheet and their Texas rivals have three days to decide if they want to match or not.
NBA: Playoffs-Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports was among the first to break the story via Twitter.
Chandler Parsons is finalizing a three-year, $46 million offer sheet with Dallas, league source tells Yahoo Sports.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 9, 2014
In the follow-up article, Wojnarowski reported that the Rockets and Parsons failed to agree on a separate deal that led to Parsons taking the offer from the Mavericks.
The move appears to put the Rockets’ offseason plans in limbo. Daryl Morey, general manager of Houston, was looking forward to retaining Parsons but perhaps not with this expensive deal. As a restricted free agent, Parsons will stay in Houston if Morey decides to match Dallas’ offer which will pay the forward roughly $15M per year.
The timing is perfect for the Mavericks and tough for the Rockets, which are still trying to convince unrestricted free agent Chris Bosh to sign with them. Houston is also exploring the possibility on signing other veteran small forwards like Trevor Ariza, Paul Pierce or Luol Deng if they can’t retain Parsons.
The Rockets drafted Parsons as the 38th overall pick in the 2011 Draft. Considered as a second-round steal he averaged 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.0 assists in his third year in the league.
Parsons earned less than $1M a year in his first three years with the Rockets and appears he’s due for a big raise thanks to the Dallas Mavericks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy