NBA News: Dallas Mavericks Sign Chandler Parsons to $46M Offer Sheet; Houston Rockets Have 3 Days to Match
By James Patrick Quizon | July 10, 2014 4:00 PM EST
The Dallas Mavericks are trying to pry away Chandler Parsons from Houston Rockets. The Mark Cuban-owned franchise signed the 25-year-old forward to a $46M three-year offer sheet and their Texas rivals have three days to decide if they want to match or not.
NBA: Playoffs-Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports was among the first to break the story via Twitter.
Chandler Parsons is finalizing a three-year, $46 million offer sheet with Dallas, league source tells Yahoo Sports.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 9, 2014
In the follow-up article, Wojnarowski reported that the Rockets and Parsons failed to agree on a separate deal that led to Parsons taking the offer from the Mavericks.
The move appears to put the Rockets’ offseason plans in limbo. Daryl Morey, general manager of Houston, was looking forward to retaining Parsons but perhaps not with this expensive deal. As a restricted free agent, Parsons will stay in Houston if Morey decides to match Dallas’ offer which will pay the forward roughly $15M per year.
The timing is perfect for the Mavericks and tough for the Rockets, which are still trying to convince unrestricted free agent Chris Bosh to sign with them. Houston is also exploring the possibility on signing other veteran small forwards like Trevor Ariza, Paul Pierce or Luol Deng if they can’t retain Parsons.
The Rockets drafted Parsons as the 38th overall pick in the 2011 Draft. Considered as a second-round steal he averaged 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.0 assists in his third year in the league.
Parsons earned less than $1M a year in his first three years with the Rockets and appears he’s due for a big raise thanks to the Dallas Mavericks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related