NBA News: Dallas Mavericks Sign Chandler Parsons to $46M Offer Sheet; Houston Rockets Have 3 Days to Match
By James Patrick Quizon | July 10, 2014 4:00 PM EST
The Dallas Mavericks are trying to pry away Chandler Parsons from Houston Rockets. The Mark Cuban-owned franchise signed the 25-year-old forward to a $46M three-year offer sheet and their Texas rivals have three days to decide if they want to match or not.
NBA: Playoffs-Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports was among the first to break the story via Twitter.
Chandler Parsons is finalizing a three-year, $46 million offer sheet with Dallas, league source tells Yahoo Sports.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 9, 2014
In the follow-up article, Wojnarowski reported that the Rockets and Parsons failed to agree on a separate deal that led to Parsons taking the offer from the Mavericks.
The move appears to put the Rockets’ offseason plans in limbo. Daryl Morey, general manager of Houston, was looking forward to retaining Parsons but perhaps not with this expensive deal. As a restricted free agent, Parsons will stay in Houston if Morey decides to match Dallas’ offer which will pay the forward roughly $15M per year.
The timing is perfect for the Mavericks and tough for the Rockets, which are still trying to convince unrestricted free agent Chris Bosh to sign with them. Houston is also exploring the possibility on signing other veteran small forwards like Trevor Ariza, Paul Pierce or Luol Deng if they can’t retain Parsons.
The Rockets drafted Parsons as the 38th overall pick in the 2011 Draft. Considered as a second-round steal he averaged 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.0 assists in his third year in the league.
Parsons earned less than $1M a year in his first three years with the Rockets and appears he’s due for a big raise thanks to the Dallas Mavericks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?