Billy Connolly to Kick Off High Horse Tour in Aberdeen and Perth
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 10, 2014 3:58 PM EST
The legendary comedian Billy Connolly will kick off his "High Horse Tour Scotland 2014" in Aberdeen on Sept. 29 and 30 and in Perth on Oct. 1, 2014.
For his Aberdeen schedule, the 71-year-old funnyman will grace the stage of Aberdeen's Music Hall for two nights. It was the same venue where he donned his huge banana boots during his 1975 performance. The following day, the Big Yin will then proceed to Perth Concert Hall for his Perth stopover.
In an article from Daily Record, Aberdeen Performing Arts press manager Joyce Summers expressed thrill on the latest tour of Scotland's most famous comedian.
"We're thrilled to have Billy Connolly begin his latest tour with us at the Music Hall—although he is a global figure, we feel he is one of our own and the world did first see his big banana boots on our stage," the press manager stated.
The comedian will proceed to Edinburgh, Scotland, on Oct. 4 to 8 for a four-night performance at Edinburgh Usher Hall. He will also take center stage at Dundee Caird Hall, Scotland, on Oct. 11. The rest of his High Horse Tour will be spent in Glasgow SECC, where he will perform for 7 days from Oct. 19 to 27.
Prior to his pursuit as a solo comedian, the Big Yin performed as half of the duo of The Humblebums with Gerry Rafferty. When the duo separated, Connolly returned to folk music. However, after he was convinced to become a comedian, he rose from a being a stand-up comedian to Channel 4's "Best Comedian of All Time."
The legendary Scottish comic also starred in a number of films such as "Beautiful Joe," "Still Crazy," "Quarter" and "The Man Who Sued God." He also appeared in several documentaries like "Route 66" and "Journeys to the End of the World."
For the last 50 years, Billy Connolly has continuously toured around the world performing to over 10,000,000 audiences.
Ticket prices and performance times for the entire High Horse Tour are yet to be announced, except for Aberdeen. Tickets will go on sale on Friday, July 11 at 9:30 am in Aberdeen.
For the complete schedule and contact number of Billy Connolly's High Horse Tour, please visit his official page by clicking here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage