Billy Connolly to Kick Off High Horse Tour in Aberdeen and Perth
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 10, 2014 3:58 PM EST
The legendary comedian Billy Connolly will kick off his "High Horse Tour Scotland 2014" in Aberdeen on Sept. 29 and 30 and in Perth on Oct. 1, 2014.
For his Aberdeen schedule, the 71-year-old funnyman will grace the stage of Aberdeen's Music Hall for two nights. It was the same venue where he donned his huge banana boots during his 1975 performance. The following day, the Big Yin will then proceed to Perth Concert Hall for his Perth stopover.
In an article from Daily Record, Aberdeen Performing Arts press manager Joyce Summers expressed thrill on the latest tour of Scotland's most famous comedian.
"We're thrilled to have Billy Connolly begin his latest tour with us at the Music Hall—although he is a global figure, we feel he is one of our own and the world did first see his big banana boots on our stage," the press manager stated.
The comedian will proceed to Edinburgh, Scotland, on Oct. 4 to 8 for a four-night performance at Edinburgh Usher Hall. He will also take center stage at Dundee Caird Hall, Scotland, on Oct. 11. The rest of his High Horse Tour will be spent in Glasgow SECC, where he will perform for 7 days from Oct. 19 to 27.
Prior to his pursuit as a solo comedian, the Big Yin performed as half of the duo of The Humblebums with Gerry Rafferty. When the duo separated, Connolly returned to folk music. However, after he was convinced to become a comedian, he rose from a being a stand-up comedian to Channel 4's "Best Comedian of All Time."
The legendary Scottish comic also starred in a number of films such as "Beautiful Joe," "Still Crazy," "Quarter" and "The Man Who Sued God." He also appeared in several documentaries like "Route 66" and "Journeys to the End of the World."
For the last 50 years, Billy Connolly has continuously toured around the world performing to over 10,000,000 audiences.
Ticket prices and performance times for the entire High Horse Tour are yet to be announced, except for Aberdeen. Tickets will go on sale on Friday, July 11 at 9:30 am in Aberdeen.
For the complete schedule and contact number of Billy Connolly's High Horse Tour, please visit his official page by clicking here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools