Billy Connolly to Kick Off High Horse Tour in Aberdeen and Perth
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 10, 2014 3:58 PM EST
The legendary comedian Billy Connolly will kick off his "High Horse Tour Scotland 2014" in Aberdeen on Sept. 29 and 30 and in Perth on Oct. 1, 2014.
For his Aberdeen schedule, the 71-year-old funnyman will grace the stage of Aberdeen's Music Hall for two nights. It was the same venue where he donned his huge banana boots during his 1975 performance. The following day, the Big Yin will then proceed to Perth Concert Hall for his Perth stopover.
In an article from Daily Record, Aberdeen Performing Arts press manager Joyce Summers expressed thrill on the latest tour of Scotland's most famous comedian.
"We're thrilled to have Billy Connolly begin his latest tour with us at the Music Hall—although he is a global figure, we feel he is one of our own and the world did first see his big banana boots on our stage," the press manager stated.
The comedian will proceed to Edinburgh, Scotland, on Oct. 4 to 8 for a four-night performance at Edinburgh Usher Hall. He will also take center stage at Dundee Caird Hall, Scotland, on Oct. 11. The rest of his High Horse Tour will be spent in Glasgow SECC, where he will perform for 7 days from Oct. 19 to 27.
Prior to his pursuit as a solo comedian, the Big Yin performed as half of the duo of The Humblebums with Gerry Rafferty. When the duo separated, Connolly returned to folk music. However, after he was convinced to become a comedian, he rose from a being a stand-up comedian to Channel 4's "Best Comedian of All Time."
The legendary Scottish comic also starred in a number of films such as "Beautiful Joe," "Still Crazy," "Quarter" and "The Man Who Sued God." He also appeared in several documentaries like "Route 66" and "Journeys to the End of the World."
For the last 50 years, Billy Connolly has continuously toured around the world performing to over 10,000,000 audiences.
Ticket prices and performance times for the entire High Horse Tour are yet to be announced, except for Aberdeen. Tickets will go on sale on Friday, July 11 at 9:30 am in Aberdeen.
For the complete schedule and contact number of Billy Connolly's High Horse Tour, please visit his official page by clicking here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related