Billy Connolly to Kick Off High Horse Tour in Aberdeen and Perth
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 10, 2014 3:58 PM EST
The legendary comedian Billy Connolly will kick off his "High Horse Tour Scotland 2014" in Aberdeen on Sept. 29 and 30 and in Perth on Oct. 1, 2014.
For his Aberdeen schedule, the 71-year-old funnyman will grace the stage of Aberdeen's Music Hall for two nights. It was the same venue where he donned his huge banana boots during his 1975 performance. The following day, the Big Yin will then proceed to Perth Concert Hall for his Perth stopover.
In an article from Daily Record, Aberdeen Performing Arts press manager Joyce Summers expressed thrill on the latest tour of Scotland's most famous comedian.
"We're thrilled to have Billy Connolly begin his latest tour with us at the Music Hall—although he is a global figure, we feel he is one of our own and the world did first see his big banana boots on our stage," the press manager stated.
The comedian will proceed to Edinburgh, Scotland, on Oct. 4 to 8 for a four-night performance at Edinburgh Usher Hall. He will also take center stage at Dundee Caird Hall, Scotland, on Oct. 11. The rest of his High Horse Tour will be spent in Glasgow SECC, where he will perform for 7 days from Oct. 19 to 27.
Prior to his pursuit as a solo comedian, the Big Yin performed as half of the duo of The Humblebums with Gerry Rafferty. When the duo separated, Connolly returned to folk music. However, after he was convinced to become a comedian, he rose from a being a stand-up comedian to Channel 4's "Best Comedian of All Time."
The legendary Scottish comic also starred in a number of films such as "Beautiful Joe," "Still Crazy," "Quarter" and "The Man Who Sued God." He also appeared in several documentaries like "Route 66" and "Journeys to the End of the World."
For the last 50 years, Billy Connolly has continuously toured around the world performing to over 10,000,000 audiences.
Ticket prices and performance times for the entire High Horse Tour are yet to be announced, except for Aberdeen. Tickets will go on sale on Friday, July 11 at 9:30 am in Aberdeen.
For the complete schedule and contact number of Billy Connolly's High Horse Tour, please visit his official page by clicking here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone