Android 4.4.4 KitKat Change Logs and Status For HTC One M8, One M7, One Max, One Mini, Moto X, Moto G and Moto E
By Ryan Inoyori | July 10, 2014 3:23 PM EST
Android 4.4.4 KitKat is now rolling out for HTC One M8, One M7, Moto X, Moto G and Moto E in several regions. But what makes Android 4.4.4 better than Android 4.4.3 KitKat? Is it going to improve user experience or deliver more bugs?
Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update
Google's latest Android KitKat version is a minor update which was released to fix the OpenSSL related security flaw that relates to Heartbleed bug found on Android 4.4.3 KitKat. But HTC and Motorola added certain changes on the very small firmware for their devices.
According to a leaked roadmap, HTC plans to update several smartphones to Android 4.4.4 KitKat with Sense 6.0 UI. Mo Versi confirmed the new firmware via Twitter which will fix the security issue on Android 4.4.3 KitKat.
— Mo (@moversi) June 28, 2014
Using the leaked information, HTC will upgrade One M8 and One M7 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat starting from July to August while One M8 Dual and One Mini2 will receive the update from August to September.
Motorola's latest firmware update started in India which upgrades Moto X, Moto G and Moto E to Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Users in the United States and Brazil may have a different schedule based on the official blog post of the company with Android 4.4.3 KitKat.
T-Mobile Moto X users, Brazil retail buyers and U.S. online buyers of Moto G and Moto E were the first-hand recipients of the Android 4.4.3 update.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat Differences
HTC UK official Web site already noted an Android KitKat update running HTC Sense 6.0 for HTC One, One Max and One Mini.
1. Updated colour palate and multiple theme support.
2. Updated interface and more news source on the BlinkFeed feature.
3. Updated and simplified user interface of the Camera app.
4. Updated and simplified user interface of the Gallery app.
5. Apps Tray is now simplified and updated.
HTC Sense 6.0 update for HTC One is now being pushed to the unlocked model, O2 and Three UK customers. Vodafone and EE UK HTC One are still under integration stage at this time.
In the United States, HTC Sense 6.0 update is now complete for AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, Developer Edition and Unlocked models of HTC One M7. Verizon HTC One Max is still under certification while the AT&T HTC One Mini is now being integrated.
Motorola's Android 4.4.4 official change logs are not yet available from their Web site but the French network carrier SFR leaked out important details about the new firmware.
1. Security fix on the OpenSSL vulnerability.
2. Pause and resume button has been added to the viewfinder of the camera app.
3. New graphic layout of the phone dialler app.
4. Integration of the Motorola Alert Application on Moto G.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family