Android 4.4.4 KitKat Change Logs and Status For HTC One M8, One M7, One Max, One Mini, Moto X, Moto G and Moto E
By Ryan Inoyori | July 10, 2014 3:23 PM EST
Android 4.4.4 KitKat is now rolling out for HTC One M8, One M7, Moto X, Moto G and Moto E in several regions. But what makes Android 4.4.4 better than Android 4.4.3 KitKat? Is it going to improve user experience or deliver more bugs?
Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update
Google's latest Android KitKat version is a minor update which was released to fix the OpenSSL related security flaw that relates to Heartbleed bug found on Android 4.4.3 KitKat. But HTC and Motorola added certain changes on the very small firmware for their devices.
According to a leaked roadmap, HTC plans to update several smartphones to Android 4.4.4 KitKat with Sense 6.0 UI. Mo Versi confirmed the new firmware via Twitter which will fix the security issue on Android 4.4.3 KitKat.
— Mo (@moversi) June 28, 2014
Using the leaked information, HTC will upgrade One M8 and One M7 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat starting from July to August while One M8 Dual and One Mini2 will receive the update from August to September.
Motorola's latest firmware update started in India which upgrades Moto X, Moto G and Moto E to Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Users in the United States and Brazil may have a different schedule based on the official blog post of the company with Android 4.4.3 KitKat.
T-Mobile Moto X users, Brazil retail buyers and U.S. online buyers of Moto G and Moto E were the first-hand recipients of the Android 4.4.3 update.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat Differences
HTC UK official Web site already noted an Android KitKat update running HTC Sense 6.0 for HTC One, One Max and One Mini.
1. Updated colour palate and multiple theme support.
2. Updated interface and more news source on the BlinkFeed feature.
3. Updated and simplified user interface of the Camera app.
4. Updated and simplified user interface of the Gallery app.
5. Apps Tray is now simplified and updated.
HTC Sense 6.0 update for HTC One is now being pushed to the unlocked model, O2 and Three UK customers. Vodafone and EE UK HTC One are still under integration stage at this time.
In the United States, HTC Sense 6.0 update is now complete for AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, Developer Edition and Unlocked models of HTC One M7. Verizon HTC One Max is still under certification while the AT&T HTC One Mini is now being integrated.
Motorola's Android 4.4.4 official change logs are not yet available from their Web site but the French network carrier SFR leaked out important details about the new firmware.
1. Security fix on the OpenSSL vulnerability.
2. Pause and resume button has been added to the viewfinder of the camera app.
3. New graphic layout of the phone dialler app.
4. Integration of the Motorola Alert Application on Moto G.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]