Android 4.4.4 KitKat Change Logs and Status For HTC One M8, One M7, One Max, One Mini, Moto X, Moto G and Moto E
By Ryan Inoyori | July 10, 2014 3:23 PM EST
Android 4.4.4 KitKat is now rolling out for HTC One M8, One M7, Moto X, Moto G and Moto E in several regions. But what makes Android 4.4.4 better than Android 4.4.3 KitKat? Is it going to improve user experience or deliver more bugs?
Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update
Google's latest Android KitKat version is a minor update which was released to fix the OpenSSL related security flaw that relates to Heartbleed bug found on Android 4.4.3 KitKat. But HTC and Motorola added certain changes on the very small firmware for their devices.
According to a leaked roadmap, HTC plans to update several smartphones to Android 4.4.4 KitKat with Sense 6.0 UI. Mo Versi confirmed the new firmware via Twitter which will fix the security issue on Android 4.4.3 KitKat.
— Mo (@moversi) June 28, 2014
Using the leaked information, HTC will upgrade One M8 and One M7 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat starting from July to August while One M8 Dual and One Mini2 will receive the update from August to September.
Motorola's latest firmware update started in India which upgrades Moto X, Moto G and Moto E to Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Users in the United States and Brazil may have a different schedule based on the official blog post of the company with Android 4.4.3 KitKat.
T-Mobile Moto X users, Brazil retail buyers and U.S. online buyers of Moto G and Moto E were the first-hand recipients of the Android 4.4.3 update.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat Differences
HTC UK official Web site already noted an Android KitKat update running HTC Sense 6.0 for HTC One, One Max and One Mini.
1. Updated colour palate and multiple theme support.
2. Updated interface and more news source on the BlinkFeed feature.
3. Updated and simplified user interface of the Camera app.
4. Updated and simplified user interface of the Gallery app.
5. Apps Tray is now simplified and updated.
HTC Sense 6.0 update for HTC One is now being pushed to the unlocked model, O2 and Three UK customers. Vodafone and EE UK HTC One are still under integration stage at this time.
In the United States, HTC Sense 6.0 update is now complete for AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, Developer Edition and Unlocked models of HTC One M7. Verizon HTC One Max is still under certification while the AT&T HTC One Mini is now being integrated.
Motorola's Android 4.4.4 official change logs are not yet available from their Web site but the French network carrier SFR leaked out important details about the new firmware.
1. Security fix on the OpenSSL vulnerability.
2. Pause and resume button has been added to the viewfinder of the camera app.
3. New graphic layout of the phone dialler app.
4. Integration of the Motorola Alert Application on Moto G.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar