Kourtney Kardashian's Pregnancy: An Eye Opener To Many Going To Be Mommies
By Sarah Thomas | July 10, 2014 3:06 PM EST
In an episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians, Kim Kardashian's 35-year-old sister Kourtney Kardashian was seen telling her partner, "I'm pregnant." She and her partner Scott Disick already have two children, this would be their third. Known for her party lifestyle and her fetish for high heels, this pregnancy has brought a huge difference in her lifestyle. A lesson to many other going to be mommies who love to party or dress their best.
A pregnant woman sits on the floor at a hospital in Minakaman, Lakes State, June 26, 2014. About 94,000 people have sought refuge in Minkaman after fighting broke out in neighbouring states, according to the International Organization for Migration. REUTERS/Andreea Campeanu (SOUTH SUDAN - Tags: CIVIL UNREST SOCIETY HEALTH)
A tweet on Monday sent shockwaves among her fans, "I never thought I would ever say this... But I'm wearing flats today." She confessed that the flats give her a backache, but she'll just wait and watch.
Clinical professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Columbia University Medical Center and the author of What Your Mother Never Told You About S-e-x, Hilda Hutcherson, MD, on the Bump Expert advised pregnant women, "Early in pregnancy, heels aren't a problem, They're really sexy and all of that, but by the third trimester wearing super-high heels can cause back strain and pain." Pregnancy is the time women gain weight and their body proportions change; this changes the centre of gravity as well. It would be difficult to keep balance on those heels, She also cautioned that there is a huge a risk that one could trip and hurt the baby and so it is best to avoid heels.
Kourtney has been taking all the advices well and is doing pretty good so far. On Good Morning America, she told Lara Spencer, "I feel really good. I have so much energy. I'm not tired. I haven't had morning sickness. I feel really lucky about that." Her good health and optimism is good for her and the baby as well.
Optimism and a good lifestyle affect the baby and the mother. A research published in Jama Psychiatry stated that children born to depressed mother's were more likely to be depressed as adults. In UK, Reebecca M Pearson, PhD, of the University of Bristol conducted a research involving 4,500 patients. It was seen that children born to depressed mother's were 1.5 times more likely to be depressed as adults. If the mother is happy, the baby would definitely be happy. Most women go through mood swings during pregnancy due to changing levels of hormones in the body, but that isn't something to worry about. It's absolutely normal to have mood swings and experience morning sickness. There are instances when women don't experience them. Since every persons body is different, the symptoms of pregnancy would vary too.
It is also important to eat right and keep control of the things that aren't good for the child, it's best to stop them for a while; Poor nutrition would take a toll on your baby. Everything the "going to be mother" does, affects the baby, so it's essential to stay happy and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Regular checks with the doctor ensures a stress free pregnancy. If Kourtney could do it, inspite of her love for parties and designer wear shoes then so can you.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Co-founder of ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, Corey Griffin, Drowns to Death
- Online Porn Easy To Access: Research; Cameron Diaz Is A 'Porn Addict'
- Science of Depression: A Disease With a Biological Basis; Robin Williams A Victiom of the Disease [Watch Video]
- ALS sufferer takes on Ice Bucket Challenge For His Own Cause[Video]
- U.S. Pizza to Launch Sauces Laced with Marijuana
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists