Ronda Rousey Eyes Dream Match With Gina Carano
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 10, 2014 3:05 PM EST
Ronda Rousey revealed in a recent interview that she has always dreamt of a fight with Gina Carano.
Rousey recalled that the first women's mixed martial arts fight that she saw was the bout between Gina Carano and Julie Kedzie, MMA Fighting reported. Rousey, who had practically cemented her reputation in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) with 10 wins and 0 loss - seven of which were won in the first round via submission, said she prized Carano's performance. "Not only did I admire what Carano was doing, but also I was blown away by the reaction all the guys were giving them," said Rousey.
Jul 5, 2014; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Ronda Rousey (red gloves) celebrates her victory over Alexis Davis during the first round of their bantamweight fight at Mandalay Bay Events Center.
"I just remember sitting there and thinking, 'I could totally beat both of these chicks."
Rousey is well-aware of recent news stating that Carano might be on her way back to fighting again and she expressed her reverie of fighting one of the most successful female mixed martial artists.
"Whether she ever wants again or not is entirely up to her, but ever since that day when I had that first taste of women's MMA, she's the fight I wanted."
UFC president Dana White insisted a fight between Rousey and Carano would be a huge one. Yahoo Insider reported that White is still doing negotiations with Carano's lawyers to get her to fight again.
Carano stepped away from the mixed martial arts sport in 2009 following her defeat against Cris Cyborg. Since then, Carano has starred in a number of Hollywood movies including "Fast and the Furious 6," "Haywire," and "In The Blood." She asserted in an interview with FOX Sports that she has not yet retired from mixed martial arts and she's keeping the door open for a comeback bout, only if the "circumstances are right."
"For some reason, a part of me has always kept it open," said Carano. However, she made it clear that she will fight only without letting go of the acting career that she has kept herself busy with in the last five years. "There's a certain part of me that thinks if circumstances were right, and I could keep doing what I'm trying to make my future into, that's an ideal world."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans