Ronda Rousey Eyes Dream Match With Gina Carano
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 10, 2014 3:05 PM EST
Ronda Rousey revealed in a recent interview that she has always dreamt of a fight with Gina Carano.
Rousey recalled that the first women's mixed martial arts fight that she saw was the bout between Gina Carano and Julie Kedzie, MMA Fighting reported. Rousey, who had practically cemented her reputation in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) with 10 wins and 0 loss - seven of which were won in the first round via submission, said she prized Carano's performance. "Not only did I admire what Carano was doing, but also I was blown away by the reaction all the guys were giving them," said Rousey.
Jul 5, 2014; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Ronda Rousey (red gloves) celebrates her victory over Alexis Davis during the first round of their bantamweight fight at Mandalay Bay Events Center.
"I just remember sitting there and thinking, 'I could totally beat both of these chicks."
Rousey is well-aware of recent news stating that Carano might be on her way back to fighting again and she expressed her reverie of fighting one of the most successful female mixed martial artists.
"Whether she ever wants again or not is entirely up to her, but ever since that day when I had that first taste of women's MMA, she's the fight I wanted."
UFC president Dana White insisted a fight between Rousey and Carano would be a huge one. Yahoo Insider reported that White is still doing negotiations with Carano's lawyers to get her to fight again.
Carano stepped away from the mixed martial arts sport in 2009 following her defeat against Cris Cyborg. Since then, Carano has starred in a number of Hollywood movies including "Fast and the Furious 6," "Haywire," and "In The Blood." She asserted in an interview with FOX Sports that she has not yet retired from mixed martial arts and she's keeping the door open for a comeback bout, only if the "circumstances are right."
"For some reason, a part of me has always kept it open," said Carano. However, she made it clear that she will fight only without letting go of the acting career that she has kept herself busy with in the last five years. "There's a certain part of me that thinks if circumstances were right, and I could keep doing what I'm trying to make my future into, that's an ideal world."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced