Ronda Rousey Eyes Dream Match With Gina Carano
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 10, 2014 3:05 PM EST
Ronda Rousey revealed in a recent interview that she has always dreamt of a fight with Gina Carano.
Rousey recalled that the first women's mixed martial arts fight that she saw was the bout between Gina Carano and Julie Kedzie, MMA Fighting reported. Rousey, who had practically cemented her reputation in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) with 10 wins and 0 loss - seven of which were won in the first round via submission, said she prized Carano's performance. "Not only did I admire what Carano was doing, but also I was blown away by the reaction all the guys were giving them," said Rousey.
Jul 5, 2014; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Ronda Rousey (red gloves) celebrates her victory over Alexis Davis during the first round of their bantamweight fight at Mandalay Bay Events Center.
"I just remember sitting there and thinking, 'I could totally beat both of these chicks."
Rousey is well-aware of recent news stating that Carano might be on her way back to fighting again and she expressed her reverie of fighting one of the most successful female mixed martial artists.
"Whether she ever wants again or not is entirely up to her, but ever since that day when I had that first taste of women's MMA, she's the fight I wanted."
UFC president Dana White insisted a fight between Rousey and Carano would be a huge one. Yahoo Insider reported that White is still doing negotiations with Carano's lawyers to get her to fight again.
Carano stepped away from the mixed martial arts sport in 2009 following her defeat against Cris Cyborg. Since then, Carano has starred in a number of Hollywood movies including "Fast and the Furious 6," "Haywire," and "In The Blood." She asserted in an interview with FOX Sports that she has not yet retired from mixed martial arts and she's keeping the door open for a comeback bout, only if the "circumstances are right."
"For some reason, a part of me has always kept it open," said Carano. However, she made it clear that she will fight only without letting go of the acting career that she has kept herself busy with in the last five years. "There's a certain part of me that thinks if circumstances were right, and I could keep doing what I'm trying to make my future into, that's an ideal world."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features