Ronda Rousey Eyes Dream Match With Gina Carano
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 10, 2014 3:05 PM EST
Ronda Rousey revealed in a recent interview that she has always dreamt of a fight with Gina Carano.
Rousey recalled that the first women's mixed martial arts fight that she saw was the bout between Gina Carano and Julie Kedzie, MMA Fighting reported. Rousey, who had practically cemented her reputation in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) with 10 wins and 0 loss - seven of which were won in the first round via submission, said she prized Carano's performance. "Not only did I admire what Carano was doing, but also I was blown away by the reaction all the guys were giving them," said Rousey.
Jul 5, 2014; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Ronda Rousey (red gloves) celebrates her victory over Alexis Davis during the first round of their bantamweight fight at Mandalay Bay Events Center.
"I just remember sitting there and thinking, 'I could totally beat both of these chicks."
Rousey is well-aware of recent news stating that Carano might be on her way back to fighting again and she expressed her reverie of fighting one of the most successful female mixed martial artists.
"Whether she ever wants again or not is entirely up to her, but ever since that day when I had that first taste of women's MMA, she's the fight I wanted."
UFC president Dana White insisted a fight between Rousey and Carano would be a huge one. Yahoo Insider reported that White is still doing negotiations with Carano's lawyers to get her to fight again.
Carano stepped away from the mixed martial arts sport in 2009 following her defeat against Cris Cyborg. Since then, Carano has starred in a number of Hollywood movies including "Fast and the Furious 6," "Haywire," and "In The Blood." She asserted in an interview with FOX Sports that she has not yet retired from mixed martial arts and she's keeping the door open for a comeback bout, only if the "circumstances are right."
"For some reason, a part of me has always kept it open," said Carano. However, she made it clear that she will fight only without letting go of the acting career that she has kept herself busy with in the last five years. "There's a certain part of me that thinks if circumstances were right, and I could keep doing what I'm trying to make my future into, that's an ideal world."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff