Ronda Rousey Eyes Dream Match With Gina Carano
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 10, 2014 3:05 PM EST
Ronda Rousey revealed in a recent interview that she has always dreamt of a fight with Gina Carano.
Rousey recalled that the first women's mixed martial arts fight that she saw was the bout between Gina Carano and Julie Kedzie, MMA Fighting reported. Rousey, who had practically cemented her reputation in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) with 10 wins and 0 loss - seven of which were won in the first round via submission, said she prized Carano's performance. "Not only did I admire what Carano was doing, but also I was blown away by the reaction all the guys were giving them," said Rousey.
Jul 5, 2014; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Ronda Rousey (red gloves) celebrates her victory over Alexis Davis during the first round of their bantamweight fight at Mandalay Bay Events Center.
"I just remember sitting there and thinking, 'I could totally beat both of these chicks."
Rousey is well-aware of recent news stating that Carano might be on her way back to fighting again and she expressed her reverie of fighting one of the most successful female mixed martial artists.
"Whether she ever wants again or not is entirely up to her, but ever since that day when I had that first taste of women's MMA, she's the fight I wanted."
UFC president Dana White insisted a fight between Rousey and Carano would be a huge one. Yahoo Insider reported that White is still doing negotiations with Carano's lawyers to get her to fight again.
Carano stepped away from the mixed martial arts sport in 2009 following her defeat against Cris Cyborg. Since then, Carano has starred in a number of Hollywood movies including "Fast and the Furious 6," "Haywire," and "In The Blood." She asserted in an interview with FOX Sports that she has not yet retired from mixed martial arts and she's keeping the door open for a comeback bout, only if the "circumstances are right."
"For some reason, a part of me has always kept it open," said Carano. However, she made it clear that she will fight only without letting go of the acting career that she has kept herself busy with in the last five years. "There's a certain part of me that thinks if circumstances were right, and I could keep doing what I'm trying to make my future into, that's an ideal world."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports
- Iphone 6 Release Date Fast -Approaching, Reuse and Recycle Program Now in Australia