Ghostbusters 3: Dan Aykroyd Suggests Money Problems Stalling the Movie
By Sachin Trivedi | July 10, 2014 2:53 PM EST
Dan Aykroyd, the star actor who may be one of the lead cast in the movie "Ghostbusters" 3, has suggested that the movie is getting stalled pending a decision by Sony. The biggest concern seems to be the level of investment for the movie.
Sony may be reluctant to "drop a $150 million" for the "Ghostbusters" 3 movie, Dan Aykroyd said in an interview on The Morning Show. He was attending an event to promote the initiative - Stand Up to Cancer.
When asked about the "Ghostbusters" 3 movie he said that he hopes all the issues get sorted at the corporate level "all the way up and down the company." The majority of the interview was focused on the initiative to tackle cancer.
"Ghostbusters" 3 has been a highly anticipated movie by the fans of the franchise. Some of the fans were disappointed to learn that Bill Murray will not be coming back for the movie. He was one of the lead actors in the previous two movies from the franchise.
The theme of the movies from the franchise revolves around a group of friends using scientific methods to detect and capture ghosts in New York City. The first movie saw them battle an inter dimensional demon and the villain in the second movie was a dead sorcerer trying to find a way to get back to the mortal world.
Both the movies were made in the 1980s and received a huge fan following. Recently many fan made films have been trying to cater to the demand for the next movie. The first movie was produced in the year 1984 and 2014 marks the 30th anniversary of the franchise. Fans have been hoping that some of the original cast come back to refresh the franchise.
Harold Ramis, one of the actors who also played a lead role in the previous movies, died on Feb 24, 2014. He played the role of Dr. Egon Spengler, the scientist who helped create the technology to find and capture ghosts in the movie.
There has still been no official word about the cast of "Ghostbusters" 3 or about when the movie will start filming. Meanwhile fans are eagerly waiting for any news about the franchise. It would be a tall order for the producers to recreate the magic of the first film which captured the imagination of the people and became highly successful.
More Articles to Read
Fast and Furious 7 Release Date Changed - Paul Walker's Daughter Posts a Pic on the Beach [Read]
Jurassic World Leaked Photo from the Set Shows a Bloody Hand [Read]
Hobbit 3 Trailer to be Released in October Confirms Producer Peter Jackson [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales