Fifty Shades of Grey Movie Trailer Release Date Confirmed; Author E. L. James Announced on Twitter
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 10, 2014 2:31 PM EST
The long wait is over. Fans are officially set to see the movie trailer of the highly-anticipated "Fifty Shades of Grey" (FSoG) movie, starring Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson, as announced by trilogy author E.L. James on her Twitter account on Wednesday, July 9.
Hold on to your hats folks. You'll get your first look at the FSoG movie trailer on July 24. I’ve had a sneak peek and WOW! #WeAimToPlease
— E L James (@E_L_James) July 9, 2014
The "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie, however, has somehow confused fans when it announced a release date on its official Facebook page through an event, which is happening eight days later than what trilogy author E.L. James confirmed on her Twitter account on Wednesday, July 9.
The "Fifty Shades" Facebook page has nearly 40,000 of excited fans joining the event, which particularly stated to be "Fifty Shades of Grey" release date, happening on Aug 1, 2014. It appears that the movie trailer is set for a July 24 release date and though not confirmed, the Aug 1 event may probably serve as a worldwide celebration for fans.
One of Britain's richest authors, E.L. James, together with Universal Pictures and Focus Features, is expected to please the fans with the upcoming movie trailer to make up from the previously released "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie still that has reportedly became quite a disappointment.
The movie still was of Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey, sitting behind the wheels of his black Audi R8 Spyder, which apparently received a handful of eye-rolling from fans who anticipated a racy picture from a racy scene, but got a safe picture instead.
"Fifty Shades of Grey" has entered the movie world with great expectation after big possibilities of the movie reliving the racy scenes of Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson) and Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan) from the books.
A story that started as a fan fiction, inspired by Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight" series, the "Fifty Shades" trilogy has also created a buzz in literature after readers and critics dubbed James' trilogy as "mommy porn."
Eloise Mumford, playing Anastasia Steele's roommate Kate Kavanagh, however, has already revealed to E! that "FSoG" is more a "love story" than porn.
The "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie with Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson hits theatres on Valentine's Day 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales