Fifty Shades of Grey Movie Trailer Release Date Confirmed; Author E. L. James Announced on Twitter
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 10, 2014 2:31 PM EST
The long wait is over. Fans are officially set to see the movie trailer of the highly-anticipated "Fifty Shades of Grey" (FSoG) movie, starring Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson, as announced by trilogy author E.L. James on her Twitter account on Wednesday, July 9.
Hold on to your hats folks. You'll get your first look at the FSoG movie trailer on July 24. I’ve had a sneak peek and WOW! #WeAimToPlease
— E L James (@E_L_James) July 9, 2014
The "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie, however, has somehow confused fans when it announced a release date on its official Facebook page through an event, which is happening eight days later than what trilogy author E.L. James confirmed on her Twitter account on Wednesday, July 9.
The "Fifty Shades" Facebook page has nearly 40,000 of excited fans joining the event, which particularly stated to be "Fifty Shades of Grey" release date, happening on Aug 1, 2014. It appears that the movie trailer is set for a July 24 release date and though not confirmed, the Aug 1 event may probably serve as a worldwide celebration for fans.
One of Britain's richest authors, E.L. James, together with Universal Pictures and Focus Features, is expected to please the fans with the upcoming movie trailer to make up from the previously released "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie still that has reportedly became quite a disappointment.
The movie still was of Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey, sitting behind the wheels of his black Audi R8 Spyder, which apparently received a handful of eye-rolling from fans who anticipated a racy picture from a racy scene, but got a safe picture instead.
"Fifty Shades of Grey" has entered the movie world with great expectation after big possibilities of the movie reliving the racy scenes of Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson) and Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan) from the books.
A story that started as a fan fiction, inspired by Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight" series, the "Fifty Shades" trilogy has also created a buzz in literature after readers and critics dubbed James' trilogy as "mommy porn."
Eloise Mumford, playing Anastasia Steele's roommate Kate Kavanagh, however, has already revealed to E! that "FSoG" is more a "love story" than porn.
The "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie with Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson hits theatres on Valentine's Day 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]