Nicole Richie Talks About Friendship with Paris Hilton, Gets Candid on Lindsay Lohan
By Anne Lu | July 10, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Nicole Richie doesn’t talk to Paris Hilton anymore, but they are still good friends. The “Candidly Nicole” star said she loves her “The Simple Life” co-star despite their lack of communication. However, when asked about her relationship with Lindsay Lohan, she has a more dismissive answer.
In an interview with “Watch What Happens Live” host Andy Cohen on Tuesday, the 32-year-old mother of two was grilled about her current state of friendship with BFF Paris, with whom she was estranged for a while after starring together in a reality show.
Childhood friends Nicole and Paris had a very public falling out in 2005 for unclear reasons, though they eventually reconciled a year later.
“Paris is somebody that’s been in my life since day one,” Nicole told Andy. “I haven’t spoken to her in a while technically, but, if you really want to get into it, my view of friendship is someone that you don’t necessarily have to talk to you everyday.”
“It’s somebody that you can call when you need them, and they’re just going to be there.”
She continued, “The short answer to this is I haven’t spoken to her in a while, but we are very good friends. I love her and I love her family. I have a lot of respect for her.”
But while she had positive things to say about Paris, she didn’t have much to say about Lindsay, who had joined their social group for a brief, intermittent period when Nicole was still single.
“Haven’t spoken to her in a while,” she said simply.
Meanwhile, Nicole proudly revealed that she was the one who set up new couple Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz.
Nicole is married to Benji’s twin brother Joel, and according to her, she’s such a “devoted sister-in-law” that she “approves of anything that’s going to make Benji happy.”
She admitted that she set up Benji and Cameron together, saying, “I’m going to take responsibility for everything!”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown