Nicole Richie Talks About Friendship with Paris Hilton, Gets Candid on Lindsay Lohan
By Anne Lu | July 10, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Nicole Richie doesn’t talk to Paris Hilton anymore, but they are still good friends. The “Candidly Nicole” star said she loves her “The Simple Life” co-star despite their lack of communication. However, when asked about her relationship with Lindsay Lohan, she has a more dismissive answer.
In an interview with “Watch What Happens Live” host Andy Cohen on Tuesday, the 32-year-old mother of two was grilled about her current state of friendship with BFF Paris, with whom she was estranged for a while after starring together in a reality show.
Childhood friends Nicole and Paris had a very public falling out in 2005 for unclear reasons, though they eventually reconciled a year later.
“Paris is somebody that’s been in my life since day one,” Nicole told Andy. “I haven’t spoken to her in a while technically, but, if you really want to get into it, my view of friendship is someone that you don’t necessarily have to talk to you everyday.”
“It’s somebody that you can call when you need them, and they’re just going to be there.”
She continued, “The short answer to this is I haven’t spoken to her in a while, but we are very good friends. I love her and I love her family. I have a lot of respect for her.”
But while she had positive things to say about Paris, she didn’t have much to say about Lindsay, who had joined their social group for a brief, intermittent period when Nicole was still single.
“Haven’t spoken to her in a while,” she said simply.
Meanwhile, Nicole proudly revealed that she was the one who set up new couple Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz.
Nicole is married to Benji’s twin brother Joel, and according to her, she’s such a “devoted sister-in-law” that she “approves of anything that’s going to make Benji happy.”
She admitted that she set up Benji and Cameron together, saying, “I’m going to take responsibility for everything!”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement
- 'White Collar' Season 6, Episode 6 Spoiler: Matt Bomer's Neal Caffrey Dies In Finale Speculations, Mozzie Dies And 'Baby Neal' In Facebook Comments
- Kate Middleton News: The Duchess Glams Up In Queen’s Christmas Lunch After Controversial Hoodie [PHOTOS]