Nicole Richie Talks About Friendship with Paris Hilton, Gets Candid on Lindsay Lohan
By Anne Lu | July 10, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Nicole Richie doesn’t talk to Paris Hilton anymore, but they are still good friends. The “Candidly Nicole” star said she loves her “The Simple Life” co-star despite their lack of communication. However, when asked about her relationship with Lindsay Lohan, she has a more dismissive answer.
In an interview with “Watch What Happens Live” host Andy Cohen on Tuesday, the 32-year-old mother of two was grilled about her current state of friendship with BFF Paris, with whom she was estranged for a while after starring together in a reality show.
Childhood friends Nicole and Paris had a very public falling out in 2005 for unclear reasons, though they eventually reconciled a year later.
“Paris is somebody that’s been in my life since day one,” Nicole told Andy. “I haven’t spoken to her in a while technically, but, if you really want to get into it, my view of friendship is someone that you don’t necessarily have to talk to you everyday.”
“It’s somebody that you can call when you need them, and they’re just going to be there.”
She continued, “The short answer to this is I haven’t spoken to her in a while, but we are very good friends. I love her and I love her family. I have a lot of respect for her.”
But while she had positive things to say about Paris, she didn’t have much to say about Lindsay, who had joined their social group for a brief, intermittent period when Nicole was still single.
“Haven’t spoken to her in a while,” she said simply.
Meanwhile, Nicole proudly revealed that she was the one who set up new couple Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz.
Nicole is married to Benji’s twin brother Joel, and according to her, she’s such a “devoted sister-in-law” that she “approves of anything that’s going to make Benji happy.”
She admitted that she set up Benji and Cameron together, saying, “I’m going to take responsibility for everything!”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2