Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Roundup With 64-Bit Processor, Four Colour Choices, Curved OLED Display, OIS and More
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 10, 2014 1:50 PM EST
The upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date is slated for September in IFA 2014, scheduled in Berlin. A recent report says the long-awaited Galaxy Note 4 on release date will pack a 64-bit processor corroborating the earlier reports. In addition, the Galaxy Note 4 is set to launch in four interesting colours. This includes the exciting Electric Blue and Copper Gold shades.
Samsung flags are set up at the main entrance to the Berlin fair ground before the IFA consumer electronics fair in Berlin in this August 28, 2012 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
Apple iPhone 5 Refurbished Models on Discount at eBay; Save $200 to $350 on 16GB, 32GB and 64GB Models
Sony Xperia C3 (Dual-Sim) vs. Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (Dual-Sim) – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown
It is worth mentioning that, the Galaxy S5 considered as the flagship device of Samsung in 2014, did not stir up a storm with its sales across the globe. Even though, Samsung released a slew of devices this year, the company will be banking on the power-packed Galaxy Note 4 as a life-saver, says ValueWalk.
Two Killer Processor Choices
AnTuTu benchmark testing revealed that Samsung might release two different processing unit options for the upcoming Galaxy Note 4.
This includes a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 805) Krait 450 processor and a Samsung Exynos 5433 8 Core processor. Apparently, the latter even trumped the powerful Snapdragon 805 in the same benchmark test. However, it remains to be seen though if the processor choices will be confined to selected regions.
Interested readers can check out the pictorial representation of various mobile processor performances from AnTuTu site. From the graph, it is apparent that NVIDIA Tegra K1 is the most powerful out of all the processors listed.
Four Colour Choices
Additionally, the prominent and credible tipster @evleaks revealed that Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on release date will be launched in the popular "Electric Blue" and "Copper Gold" colours, in addition to the standard black and white colour choices. This is in line with the colour choices available for Galaxy S5, which again shows the company's reliance on the upcoming phablet.
Flat or Curved Display Choices
Furthermore, Korea Times stated that Samsung will release two variants of Galaxy Note 4; one with a curved OLED display and the other with a flat OLED display. To bolster the above claim, Lee Younghee, executive vice president of Samsung's mobile business said earlier that the company could offer a flexible screen unit for its upcoming device, according to Wall Street Journal (via Tech Radar).
Other Interesting Specifications
When it comes to specifications, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will reportedly feature a gigantic 5.7-inches display with a whopping QHD resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 pixels. Also, the phablet will house a 12 MP rear-facing camera with optical image stabilization (OIS) and a 3.7 MP front-facing camera unit. When it comes to RAM, the Galaxy Note 4 is expected to house 3 GB of RAM; it is also rumoured that the RAM specifications could be 4 GB, owing to the fact that Galaxy Note 3 already comes with 3 GB of RAM, says iTechPost.
Moreover, the device will be water/dust-resistant just like the Galaxy S5 handset. Other reported specifications include 4K video recording, and S-Pen stylus with enhanced gesture control.
It is also being rumoured that, the Galaxy Note 4 could be the first handset to feature a 4K screen resolution (Ultra HD). Nevertheless, Quad HD display sounds like the safest bet for the upcoming Galaxy Note 4, says PCAdvisor.
It is worth reminding that, all the above pointers have not been confirmed officially by Samsung thus far. The IFA event scheduled between Sept. 5 and Sept. 10 will unravel the mystery around the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 New Release Imminent as Apple Enters Mid-August Production with New 24-Karat Gold iPhone 6
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects