Android 4.4.4 KitKat Live for Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 Compact to Nine Countries
By Ryan Inoyori | July 10, 2014 1:19 PM EST
The official Android 4.4.4 KitKat is now rolling to Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra. Know the top changes provided by Sony Mobile, territories being served and methods to download the new firmware.
Sony Mobile Android 4.4.4 KitKat
Sony Mobile begins rolling out the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for three Xperia Z smartphones. Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware build version 14.4.A.0.108 is seeding live for Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra handsets.
In addition to the default improvements provided by the final Android KitKat version, Sony Mobile added enhancements on the user experience of the camera app. Here are the details of the official change logs:
1. Android 4.4.4 including the latest enhancements and security updates from Google
2. Updated and improved camera experience
3. Improvements to Google Voice, Contacts, music streaming and Google Plus
4. Latest versions of all native Sony apps
5. All the latest bug fixes, optimisation and improvements
Where Is It Rolling Out?
According to a screenshot from XperiaBlog, Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Xperia Z1 is seeding to several territories around the world including France, Italy, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Turkey and United Arab Emirates.
Users can download and install the firmware using the Update Centre app on Xperia Z1 or via Sony PC Companion or Software Update Service on Windows computers and Sony Bridge for MAC. It is currently serving Sony Xperia Z1 C6903 model which will become available to other variants soon.
Since the firmware build goes the same with Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra, users should begin checking using the following methods mentioned above. Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Android 4.4.4 update started earlier than Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra.
Possible Next Batch
Based on the firmware update roadmap from Sony Mobile, Android 4.4.2 KitKat started on Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra then followed through on Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z.
However, the next batch may rollout first on Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet which are a little late on receiving the Android 4.4.4 KitKat than the other three devices. After that, it is possible that Sony Mobile may push the major firmware update to other Xperia Z members.
Additionally, Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia M2 and Xperia E1 may receive Android 4.4.4 KitKat if Sony decides after the confirmed Android 4.4.2 firmware update. Older Xperia devices not listed above remains running Android Jelly Bean at this time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Down In The US: TPB Crew Resolved The Routing Issues
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report