Android 4.4.4 KitKat Live for Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 Compact to Nine Countries
By Ryan Inoyori | July 10, 2014 1:19 PM EST
The official Android 4.4.4 KitKat is now rolling to Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra. Know the top changes provided by Sony Mobile, territories being served and methods to download the new firmware.
Sony Mobile Android 4.4.4 KitKat
Sony Mobile begins rolling out the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for three Xperia Z smartphones. Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware build version 14.4.A.0.108 is seeding live for Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra handsets.
In addition to the default improvements provided by the final Android KitKat version, Sony Mobile added enhancements on the user experience of the camera app. Here are the details of the official change logs:
1. Android 4.4.4 including the latest enhancements and security updates from Google
2. Updated and improved camera experience
3. Improvements to Google Voice, Contacts, music streaming and Google Plus
4. Latest versions of all native Sony apps
5. All the latest bug fixes, optimisation and improvements
Where Is It Rolling Out?
According to a screenshot from XperiaBlog, Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Xperia Z1 is seeding to several territories around the world including France, Italy, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Turkey and United Arab Emirates.
Users can download and install the firmware using the Update Centre app on Xperia Z1 or via Sony PC Companion or Software Update Service on Windows computers and Sony Bridge for MAC. It is currently serving Sony Xperia Z1 C6903 model which will become available to other variants soon.
Since the firmware build goes the same with Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra, users should begin checking using the following methods mentioned above. Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Android 4.4.4 update started earlier than Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra.
Possible Next Batch
Based on the firmware update roadmap from Sony Mobile, Android 4.4.2 KitKat started on Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra then followed through on Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z.
However, the next batch may rollout first on Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet which are a little late on receiving the Android 4.4.4 KitKat than the other three devices. After that, it is possible that Sony Mobile may push the major firmware update to other Xperia Z members.
Additionally, Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia M2 and Xperia E1 may receive Android 4.4.4 KitKat if Sony decides after the confirmed Android 4.4.2 firmware update. Older Xperia devices not listed above remains running Android Jelly Bean at this time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28