Android 4.4.4 KitKat Live for Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 Compact to Nine Countries
By Ryan Inoyori | July 10, 2014 1:19 PM EST
The official Android 4.4.4 KitKat is now rolling to Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra. Know the top changes provided by Sony Mobile, territories being served and methods to download the new firmware.
Sony Mobile Android 4.4.4 KitKat
Sony Mobile begins rolling out the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for three Xperia Z smartphones. Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware build version 14.4.A.0.108 is seeding live for Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra handsets.
In addition to the default improvements provided by the final Android KitKat version, Sony Mobile added enhancements on the user experience of the camera app. Here are the details of the official change logs:
1. Android 4.4.4 including the latest enhancements and security updates from Google
2. Updated and improved camera experience
3. Improvements to Google Voice, Contacts, music streaming and Google Plus
4. Latest versions of all native Sony apps
5. All the latest bug fixes, optimisation and improvements
Where Is It Rolling Out?
According to a screenshot from XperiaBlog, Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Xperia Z1 is seeding to several territories around the world including France, Italy, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Turkey and United Arab Emirates.
Users can download and install the firmware using the Update Centre app on Xperia Z1 or via Sony PC Companion or Software Update Service on Windows computers and Sony Bridge for MAC. It is currently serving Sony Xperia Z1 C6903 model which will become available to other variants soon.
Since the firmware build goes the same with Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra, users should begin checking using the following methods mentioned above. Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Android 4.4.4 update started earlier than Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra.
Possible Next Batch
Based on the firmware update roadmap from Sony Mobile, Android 4.4.2 KitKat started on Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra then followed through on Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z.
However, the next batch may rollout first on Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet which are a little late on receiving the Android 4.4.4 KitKat than the other three devices. After that, it is possible that Sony Mobile may push the major firmware update to other Xperia Z members.
Additionally, Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia M2 and Xperia E1 may receive Android 4.4.4 KitKat if Sony decides after the confirmed Android 4.4.2 firmware update. Older Xperia devices not listed above remains running Android Jelly Bean at this time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery