Android 4.4.4 KitKat Live for Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 Compact to Nine Countries
By Ryan Inoyori | July 10, 2014 1:19 PM EST
The official Android 4.4.4 KitKat is now rolling to Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra. Know the top changes provided by Sony Mobile, territories being served and methods to download the new firmware.
Sony Mobile Android 4.4.4 KitKat
Sony Mobile begins rolling out the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for three Xperia Z smartphones. Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware build version 14.4.A.0.108 is seeding live for Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra handsets.
In addition to the default improvements provided by the final Android KitKat version, Sony Mobile added enhancements on the user experience of the camera app. Here are the details of the official change logs:
1. Android 4.4.4 including the latest enhancements and security updates from Google
2. Updated and improved camera experience
3. Improvements to Google Voice, Contacts, music streaming and Google Plus
4. Latest versions of all native Sony apps
5. All the latest bug fixes, optimisation and improvements
Where Is It Rolling Out?
According to a screenshot from XperiaBlog, Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Xperia Z1 is seeding to several territories around the world including France, Italy, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Turkey and United Arab Emirates.
Users can download and install the firmware using the Update Centre app on Xperia Z1 or via Sony PC Companion or Software Update Service on Windows computers and Sony Bridge for MAC. It is currently serving Sony Xperia Z1 C6903 model which will become available to other variants soon.
Since the firmware build goes the same with Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra, users should begin checking using the following methods mentioned above. Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Android 4.4.4 update started earlier than Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra.
Possible Next Batch
Based on the firmware update roadmap from Sony Mobile, Android 4.4.2 KitKat started on Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra then followed through on Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z.
However, the next batch may rollout first on Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet which are a little late on receiving the Android 4.4.4 KitKat than the other three devices. After that, it is possible that Sony Mobile may push the major firmware update to other Xperia Z members.
Additionally, Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia M2 and Xperia E1 may receive Android 4.4.4 KitKat if Sony decides after the confirmed Android 4.4.2 firmware update. Older Xperia devices not listed above remains running Android Jelly Bean at this time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family