Dragon Age Inquisition: Prices, Release Date, Characters and Save Imports
By Ryan Inoyori | July 10, 2014 1:12 PM EST
Dragon Age Inquisition is a much-awaited upcoming game series of Dragon Age and according to a source it is set for release by fall of 2014. Know the first-stop supplier, characters, companions and import rules for the new Dragon Age game.
Package, Pre-Orders and Release Date
BioWare and EA confirmed the release date of Dragon Age Inquisition and fans are lucky to expect it before 2015. Based on the reports from Game Informer, Dragon Age Inquisition is scheduled to be released in the market on October 7 after the official teaser of the new Dragon Age game rolled out.
Dragon Age Inquisition will return the players to the world of Thedas focused in Ferelden and Orlais. Moreover, some characters from Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2 are going to make special appearances including Morrigan, Flemeth and Cassandra Pentaghast.
According to the official forum site of BioWare, Dragon Age Inquisition is going to be carried exclusively at GameStop locations around the world available on several platforms including PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Players can now make pre-orders of the game with the following choices:
1. Dragon Age Inquisition Digital Deluxe ($89.90)
Supports Skyhold Throne, Red Hart Halla, and Bog Unicorn. Additional packages include the digital soundtrack, bonus digital content, Inquisitor Armour and Armoured Mount.
2. Standard Edition ($69.90)
Only includes the Dragon Age Inquisition game.
The above prices are for the digital versions on Windows PC while the physical versions cost less. Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe physical version for PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 costs $69.99 while standard edition costs $59.99.
After the main events in Dragon Age 2 which lead the several mages to break free from the Chantry's alleged oppression, Dragon Age Inquisition will continue with an inquisitor as the main playable character parallel to Dragon Age Origins Grey Warden and Dragon Age 2 Champion of Kirkwall. Based on the details from Dragon Age's unofficial fan page, the Inquisitor character creation is expanded with some similarities on Dragon Age Origins.
1. Race: Qunari from Vashoth, Dalish Elf, Surface Dwarf or Human.
2. Both genders are playable among all races.
3. The Inquisitor is fully voices like in Dragon Age 2.
4. Voice for the chosen race and gender is now customisable.
5. Unique power to manipulate The Fade.
Some essential characters from Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2 will make appearances on the third game series.
1. Flemeth will appear except her role remains unknown.
2. Morrigan returns as the arcane advisor to Celene, Empress of Orlais.
3. Leliana acting as the Left Hand of the Divine.
4. Cullen who survived the Uldred's usurpation in Ferelden and Kirkwall's mage-templar conflict.
5. Cassandra Pentaghast as a member of the Seeker of Truth of the Chantry.
The Inquisitor will have several companions throughout the game including Blackwall who is a Grey Warden in Orlais, Cassandra Pentaghast, Cole who is a mysterious ghost-like rogue, a magister from Tevinter Imperium named Dorian, a Qunari mercenary called Iron Bull, an elven archer from the Friends of Red Jenny group named Sera, Solas who is an apostate elven mage and expert on The Fade, Vivienne who is a pro-circle mage and former Senior Enchanter, and Varric Tethras who was a companion of the Champion of Kirkwall.
Imports from Previous Game Series
Mike Laidlaw confirmed that each Dragon Age game series will have its own core hero similar to the two previous games. But, it does not mean that heroes from Dragon Age 1 and 2 are not going to appear to future game series.
"Since I'm in a sharing mood, I will put this out there: our intention is that for each major release of Dragon Age, you will take up the mantle of a new character. This does not mean your old character may never appear in future games, but as far as the core protagonist goes, if there is a DA III, it will very likely be neither Hawke nor the Warden," Mike Laidlaw wrote at Biowarefans.com.
By default, players who do not import DA 1 and DA 2 saves will get the default settings such as the Ultimate Sacrifice of the Dalish Warden, King Alistair of Ferelden and the mage Hawke who sided the Circle of Magi in Kirkwall.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- iPhone 5 vs. LG G3 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Xbox One News: Possible 24-Hour Free Games, 5M Approved Units In China And Continuing Resolution Issues
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop