2014 FIFA World Cup: What to Expect in the Closing Ceremony
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 10, 2014 1:10 PM EST
As the excitement of the upcoming 2014 Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) World Cup Final match between Germany and Argentina that will take place on July 13, 2014 at the Estádio do Maracanã in Rio de Janeiro continues to grip soccer fans from all over the globe, the equally exhilarating closing ceremony featuring a lineup of popular international celebrities also continues to thrill sporting world of football.
The official mascot of the FIFA 2014 World Cup, Fuleco the Armadillo, is seen on a float of Leandro de Itaquera samba school during the first night of the Special Group of the annual Carnival parade in Sao Paulo's Sambadrome February 28, 2014. REUTERS/Paulo Whitaker
Time and Venue
The 2014 FIFA World Cup closing ceremony will take place ahead of the finals game at 2:20 pm (BRT) on July 13, 2014 at the Estádio do Maracanã. It is reportedly one of the biggest soccer stadiums in the world that was built when Brazil first hosted that World Cup in 1950. A total of seven FIFA World Cup matches was held in the same stadium.
The 2014 FIFA World Cup has brought excitement from day one. The thrilling opening ceremony which showcased the global musical talents of Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull, and Claudia Leitte should match the performances of equally talented international musical artists.
Shakira, who is in a relationship with Spanish soccer player Gerard Pique, will perform for the third time in the closing ceremony. After performing in Germany and South Africa in 2006 and 2010, respectively, Shakira will be performing her song "La la la (Brazil 2014)" with Carlinhos Brown. Watch video here. The Colombian singer has performed the official song for the 2010 FIFA World Cup, which is reportedly the biggest-selling World Cup song of all-time.
According to the official statement released by FIFA, Brazilian superstar Ivete Sangalo will perform with Alexander Pires to sing a medley of Brazilian songs. In addition, Carlos Santana and Wyclef Jean is also slated to participate in the closing ceremony.
After the closing ceremony, the finals match between Argentina and Germany will take place. Argentina is looking forward to matching Germany's three World Cup trophies. The Germans have won the World Cup three times, in 1954, 1974, and 1990 while the Argentines have won twice, during the 1978 and 1986 World Cup.
Goal.com reported that Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen will make an appearance during the finals. She will accompany the World Cup trophy, which is sealed off in a customised Louis Vuitton case. The supermodel was reportedly a "natural choice" for having the qualities that embodies a Brazilian woman and for sharing Brazil's rich and varied culture all over the world.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan