Assassin’s Creed Unity Begins a New Narrative Cycle and Creates a New World
By Gel Galang | July 10, 2014 12:49 PM EST
The problem with annually-released games is that players start to lose the interest that had taken them firmly when they first got into a game.
A woman dressed as Marie Antoinette from the video game "Assassin's Creed: Unity" promotes the game in the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
For some games, this is the very reason why its own fan base can start to question whether or not a title still deserves a third, fourth or more runs after it had been continued for the umpteenth time.
In the case of "Assassin's Creed Unity," which is supposed to be the seventh installment following "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag," creative director Alex Amancio has stated that they are starting with a new narrative to avoid making the next installment of the game into something that is redundant in the franchise.
"It's a new start, it's a new narrative start. That is symbolised by a completely new context for the present day. You've seen a little bit of an evolution with Black Flag, [but] we're not going to do the same thing. What we're doing with Unity is really the beginning [of] this new cycle of 'Assassin's Creed' games," said Amancio in an exclusive interview with the Examiner.
This explains the new face and new setting that players will find themselves in. Amancio goes so far as to even state that "Assassin's Creed Unity" may be the best beginning so far in the history of "Assassin's Creed" games.
Apart from a new storyline, "Assassin's Creed Unity" also takes fan feedback in to consideration and introduces the co-op action, though this has yet to be detailed by Ubisoft in the coming months.
Yves Guillemot: Ubisoft Games Are Looking Bigger and Better
While "Assassin's Creed Unity" is one of the upcoming games to debut on next-gen consoles while also having a new narrative at the center, it appears that this is not the only game from Ubisoft that would feature the immersive worlds.
In a recent interview with Ubisoft's Yves Guillemot, he explained that four of the upcoming games will have open-world immersive experiences, namely "Assassin's Creed Unity," "Far Cry 4," "The Division" and "The Crew."
More than that, though, the four games also offer players the experience of games in the same way that you'd experience life as a way to mimic the different systems in real life.
"When we create games, it's very important to recreate systems that we can interact with like it happens in our real life," said Guillemot over at Ubisoft Blog.
In addition, social interaction, which is a growing trend in more games, is allowed by these titles in a more holistic and seamless manner.
"When you want to play solo, you play solo. If you want to play with your friends, then you let them come join you. The seamless solo/multiplayer is something that we've developed and that will continue to grow in the next few years," said Guillemot.
This seems to be just the beginning for Ubisoft's games, as more opportunities arise for next-gen gaming.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation