Samsung News: More Galaxy Note 4 and VR Tech Info as Gear Live Spotted with Issues
By Gel Galang | July 10, 2014 12:41 PM EST
With less than two months to go before the IFA in September, where a lot of people are expecting Samsung to announce new handsets and devices, including the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, a new teaser was seen regarding the Exynos SoC.
David Singleton, director of engineering for Android, announces a new Samsung Android Wear smartwatch during his keynote address at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
This new generation Exynos chip will allegedly power the Galaxy Note 4, and according to SamMobile, the Twitter teaser is of an announcement about tagged with #ExynosTomorrow, which points to the Samsung Exynos processor.
— SamsungExynos (@SamsungExynos) July 9, 2014
No details have been revealed about the new processor, but according to the report's tipster, it will have the Intel XMM7260 Cat. 6 model for LTE connectivity for faster Internet connection.
The new Exynos processor will also reportedly be a way for Samsung to release the device for more countries that can support the fast Internet speeds, while having the Snapdragon variant for other areas.
Samsung's VR Tech May Still be in Development
Virtual reality technology is no longer limited to the gaming industry as more players are trying to get into this budding market.
Another possible player getting into the VR movement may be Samsung, wherein reports of a "Gear VR" device may be showcased at the IFA 2014. There has already been rounds of speculations after a report broke that Samsung may try to get into the beat of virtual reality before Oculus or Project Morpheus from Sony. While the two are predominantly aiming for a gaming approach, the buy-in of Oculus VR by Facebook indicates that VR can bring more than just immersive gaming to the table.
However, after getting in touch with Samsung, Forbes has received this official statement from a Samsung PR spokesperson.
"Samsung is committed to relentless innovation and new products are always in development, but at this time we don't have any information to share on the speculation on Gear VR."
The report notes that this does not blatantly deny the fact that a virtual project may still be in development, especially with the use of "Gear VR" in the actual statement.
Samsung Gear Live: Not What Most Were Expecting
Smartwatches and fitness bands are starting to become a trend alongside the newest smartphones, and among the newly revealed devices is the Samsung Gear Live.
However, it seems that this new offering from Samsung is not without its own issues, which are a bit more serious if only because they are reliant not on feature restriction but rather on quality and customer service.
Phone Arena has gathered reports about the Samsung Gear Live from various people on the Internet who have tried the Gear Live, and there are already reports of the charging components breaking off, rendering any attempts to recharge the device useless.
For some users this happened only after four instances of using the recharging mechanisms, which basically had the component last for a matter of days. In relation to this, reporting the problem to customer support will not entertain other possible solutions other than to arrange a call detailing how to have the watch repaired at a price.
Samsung is yet to comment on the broken charging mechanisms or the customer care situation.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools