Sony Xperia Z3 Release Date Leaked as Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and Z2 Tablet Hits U.S. and Verizon
By Gel Galang | July 10, 2014 12:39 PM EST
Fans of the Sony Xperia line have been looking forward to updates on the Sony Xperia Z3, and if a leaked image is to be believed, then the new premium smartphone may find its way to the public before the year ends.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/Files
The new leaked image shows off some new information wherein the IFA in September may actually see the debut of the Sony Xperia Z3. GSM Arena reports that both the Sony Xperia Z3 and the Z3 Compact may be unveiled during the September event, at least according to the alleged document from Vodafone Germany.
The image also suggests that Vodafone Germany may be able to sell the Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact three weeks after the supposed unveiling at the IFA in September, which takes place during the first week of that month.
This information still has not been confirmed by Sony or Vodafone, so best to take this with a grain of salt, especially since the Xperia Z3 was released just this February and sold in April.
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Out for the U.S.
The premium mini handset, which is the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact has already found its way to the U.S., available for purchase straight from the manufacturer's Web site, reports Phone Arena.
What makes the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact rise above other mini handsets is that its features are more premium than the dropped down specs expected of their flagship counterparts. The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact comes with a 4.30 inch TRILUMINOS screen, a 2300 mAh battery, the 2.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB of AM, 16 GB of storage with expandable 64 GB microSD slot, and a 20.7-megapixel rear camera.
The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact comes unlocked in white, black and pink for $549.99.
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Going to Verizon Wireless this Month
One of Sony's most prized and slimmest tablets is finally coming to Verizon LTE carrying all of the features including its waterproof quality, but according to Android Central, the Verizon version will get an LTE radio.
The Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet on Verizon will be up for preorder starting July 10 for $599.99 at a two-year contract. Those who will opt to preorder any time before July 17, the date when the device will be delivered, can get a $100 discount.
The preorder bundle also comes with a bonus of noise cancelling earphones from Sony and exclusive early access to the digital download of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’