Sony Xperia Z3 Release Date Leaked as Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and Z2 Tablet Hits U.S. and Verizon
By Gel Galang | July 10, 2014 12:39 PM EST
Fans of the Sony Xperia line have been looking forward to updates on the Sony Xperia Z3, and if a leaked image is to be believed, then the new premium smartphone may find its way to the public before the year ends.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/Files
The new leaked image shows off some new information wherein the IFA in September may actually see the debut of the Sony Xperia Z3. GSM Arena reports that both the Sony Xperia Z3 and the Z3 Compact may be unveiled during the September event, at least according to the alleged document from Vodafone Germany.
The image also suggests that Vodafone Germany may be able to sell the Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact three weeks after the supposed unveiling at the IFA in September, which takes place during the first week of that month.
This information still has not been confirmed by Sony or Vodafone, so best to take this with a grain of salt, especially since the Xperia Z3 was released just this February and sold in April.
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Out for the U.S.
The premium mini handset, which is the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact has already found its way to the U.S., available for purchase straight from the manufacturer's Web site, reports Phone Arena.
What makes the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact rise above other mini handsets is that its features are more premium than the dropped down specs expected of their flagship counterparts. The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact comes with a 4.30 inch TRILUMINOS screen, a 2300 mAh battery, the 2.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB of AM, 16 GB of storage with expandable 64 GB microSD slot, and a 20.7-megapixel rear camera.
The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact comes unlocked in white, black and pink for $549.99.
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Going to Verizon Wireless this Month
One of Sony's most prized and slimmest tablets is finally coming to Verizon LTE carrying all of the features including its waterproof quality, but according to Android Central, the Verizon version will get an LTE radio.
The Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet on Verizon will be up for preorder starting July 10 for $599.99 at a two-year contract. Those who will opt to preorder any time before July 17, the date when the device will be delivered, can get a $100 discount.
The preorder bundle also comes with a bonus of noise cancelling earphones from Sony and exclusive early access to the digital download of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 7 New Video Games Set To Be Released On Sept. 2, 2014 Including ‘Warframe,’ 'Sims 4' And 'Dance Central Spotlight' [WATCH VIDEOS]
- A Curved Screen And 3G Connectivity Features of the Samsung’s Gear S Smartwatch
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged