Sony Xperia Z3 Release Date Leaked as Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and Z2 Tablet Hits U.S. and Verizon
By Gel Galang | July 10, 2014 12:39 PM EST
Fans of the Sony Xperia line have been looking forward to updates on the Sony Xperia Z3, and if a leaked image is to be believed, then the new premium smartphone may find its way to the public before the year ends.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/Files
The new leaked image shows off some new information wherein the IFA in September may actually see the debut of the Sony Xperia Z3. GSM Arena reports that both the Sony Xperia Z3 and the Z3 Compact may be unveiled during the September event, at least according to the alleged document from Vodafone Germany.
The image also suggests that Vodafone Germany may be able to sell the Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact three weeks after the supposed unveiling at the IFA in September, which takes place during the first week of that month.
This information still has not been confirmed by Sony or Vodafone, so best to take this with a grain of salt, especially since the Xperia Z3 was released just this February and sold in April.
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Out for the U.S.
The premium mini handset, which is the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact has already found its way to the U.S., available for purchase straight from the manufacturer's Web site, reports Phone Arena.
What makes the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact rise above other mini handsets is that its features are more premium than the dropped down specs expected of their flagship counterparts. The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact comes with a 4.30 inch TRILUMINOS screen, a 2300 mAh battery, the 2.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB of AM, 16 GB of storage with expandable 64 GB microSD slot, and a 20.7-megapixel rear camera.
The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact comes unlocked in white, black and pink for $549.99.
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Going to Verizon Wireless this Month
One of Sony's most prized and slimmest tablets is finally coming to Verizon LTE carrying all of the features including its waterproof quality, but according to Android Central, the Verizon version will get an LTE radio.
The Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet on Verizon will be up for preorder starting July 10 for $599.99 at a two-year contract. Those who will opt to preorder any time before July 17, the date when the device will be delivered, can get a $100 discount.
The preorder bundle also comes with a bonus of noise cancelling earphones from Sony and exclusive early access to the digital download of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June