College Girl Accidentally Sends Dad Nude Selfie, Shares Humiliating Gaffe on Twitter
By Anne Lu | July 10, 2014 12:22 PM EST
It’s every sexter’s worst nightmare. A college girl accidentally sent her father her nude pic, and the Internet went nuts! Even Canadian football player Chad Johnson sent her a sympathy text.
REUTERS/Eric Thayer /Files
A portrait of the Twitter logo in Ventura, California December 21, 2013. REUTERS/Eric Thayer /Files
On Tuesday, Twitter user Nyjah (@Dearfashionn) has become somewhat of a celebrity after sharing a humiliating incident that has gotten people cringing.
OMG HOW DO YOU CANCEL A TEXT MESSAGE !!
— nyyy nyyy (@dearfashionn) July 8, 2014
i just sent a nude to my dad. 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩 — nyyy nyyy (@dearfashionn) July 8, 2014
like idk wtf to do man
— nyyy nyyy (@dearfashionn) July 8, 2014
i dont even want to wake up tomorrow. im turning my phone off. — nyyy nyyy (@dearfashionn) July 8, 2014
The tweets, originally sent to around 800 of her followers, were quickly retweeted to thousands. In just a few hours, Nyjah’s humiliating horror story became viral, and has earned her over 14,000 more followers.
She said she meant to send the nude photo to her boyfriend, but as it happened, her dad wouldn’t stop calling her to explain her embarrassing blunder. He also sent her multiple text messages, voice mails and Face Time calls, ordering her to answer her phone.
“Did you mean to send me this?” her dad texted her. “Answer the phone NOW. Are you serious?? Is this what you do while you’re at school??”
Her father added, “Nyjah I am very disappointed that you aren’t answering my calls. I spoke with your mother and she’s disappointed as well. I’ll be at your house as soon as I get off so answer the door.”
Nyjah recorded videos of her dad showing up at her house and scolding her. He didn’t look pleased.
mad mad mad . http://t.co/O27G5PX025
— nyyy nyyy (@dearfashionn) July 9, 2014
lmaooo nvm dad. http://t.co/OZ1ijk0FQd — nyyy nyyy (@dearfashionn) July 9, 2014
Her dad continued, “I sent you to school and that’s what you do. That’s disrespectful, that’s not how you should be getting down!”
Oh boy. Her dad was certainly fuming, but that’s understandable given the situation.
People’s reactions online are largely sympathetic, though the commenters admit that they also found her condition hilarious.
Accidentally sending your parents messages meant for a lover is already humiliating, but sending them your nude selfie is downright mortifying. It’s perhaps one of the few situations that one would not even wish upon their enemy.
Some thought the whole thing was fake, which Nyjah denied. Nevertheless, her story was immediately picked up by international news sites, calling her recoiling gaffe one of the most hilarious things that happened on social media.
Montreal Alouettes player Chad Johnson, formerly known as Chad Ochocinco, also jumped in on the now-viral incident.
Now that was a good laugh to start my morning, enjoy your day people and love somebody today that's not used to your voice...
— Chad Johnson (@ochocinco) July 8, 2014
For now, Nyjah appears to have learnt her lesson in sending nude selfies. She has gotten quite a few hate tweets as well for even taking a nudie pic, but she has earned tons more followers and supporters.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build