Hollywood Weight Loss: How to Do Robin Wright's Paleo Diet
July 10, 2014 11:59 AM EST
Hollywood stars have taken on different diet plans. But only a few of them can truly attest that one approach gave them the best results.
A combination photo shows local fruits in a market in Recife
Many fans wonder how Robin Wright maintains her trim and tight figure despite her age. Wright shared, "I'm trying to do the Paleo diet - no carbs. I've got to get thin for the show. I also ran on the beach this morning. Running gets everything done, doesn't it? Covers it all."
Other stars actually use the same approach like Megan Fox and Adriana Lima. Here are some tips from Wright on how to do it correctly:
1. Avoid some types of food. Paleo or paleolithic diet follows the principle that dieters should follow the same dietary regimen of hunter-gatherer communities. This means dairy products, cereals, salted food and fatty or fried food are prohibited. Avoid processed, sugary and alcoholic beverages and try to eat food only in their raw or natural state. Cooking is allowed but choose to boil or steam food instead of frying or using oil.
2. Right carbohydrates. Wright's paleo diet is not completely free of carbohydrates. Instead, she opts for vegetables and fruits and other complex sources of carbs instead of simple carbohydrates like white bread and pasta. Oats, quinoa and sweet potatoes are ideal sources, which keep dieters full for long periods and staving off hunger.
3. More protein. Cavemen ate more meat than carbohydrates so eat more lean protein sources from fish, chicken, turkey and beef. Protein should comprise about 20 percent to 35 percent of the daily caloric intake of individuals.
4. Drink a lot of water. Avoid juices and soda which tend to dehydrate you quickly. Wright drinks as much as eight to 10 glasses of water daily to cleanse her body of toxins and replenish lost fluids throughout the day. Drinking a lot of water also encourages the body to get rid of water weight.
5. Exercise regularly. Ancient people ran and lifted a lot while catching their prey or gathering crops. Incorporate a regular exercise program into the diet plan. Lift weights and do cardiovascular activity for 30 minutes to 60 minutes three to five times each week.
Join the Conversation
- Australia to Host Human Tests for New Brain Tumour Treatment
- Medical Marijuana Ads In Canada Facing Crackdown: Health Canada Issues Warning Letters To 20 Licensed Producers
- Ebola Vaccine Shows High Immune System Response In Early Tests; Australia Lifts Travel Ban on Congo
- HIV Treatment News: Largest Truvada Trial Happening In Australia
- Ellen DeGeneres Gives El Cajon Man With Viral Weight Loss Video Ford Mustang
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones