Hollywood Weight Loss: How to Do Robin Wright's Paleo Diet
July 10, 2014 11:59 AM EST
Hollywood stars have taken on different diet plans. But only a few of them can truly attest that one approach gave them the best results.
A combination photo shows local fruits in a market in Recife
Many fans wonder how Robin Wright maintains her trim and tight figure despite her age. Wright shared, "I'm trying to do the Paleo diet - no carbs. I've got to get thin for the show. I also ran on the beach this morning. Running gets everything done, doesn't it? Covers it all."
Other stars actually use the same approach like Megan Fox and Adriana Lima. Here are some tips from Wright on how to do it correctly:
1. Avoid some types of food. Paleo or paleolithic diet follows the principle that dieters should follow the same dietary regimen of hunter-gatherer communities. This means dairy products, cereals, salted food and fatty or fried food are prohibited. Avoid processed, sugary and alcoholic beverages and try to eat food only in their raw or natural state. Cooking is allowed but choose to boil or steam food instead of frying or using oil.
2. Right carbohydrates. Wright's paleo diet is not completely free of carbohydrates. Instead, she opts for vegetables and fruits and other complex sources of carbs instead of simple carbohydrates like white bread and pasta. Oats, quinoa and sweet potatoes are ideal sources, which keep dieters full for long periods and staving off hunger.
3. More protein. Cavemen ate more meat than carbohydrates so eat more lean protein sources from fish, chicken, turkey and beef. Protein should comprise about 20 percent to 35 percent of the daily caloric intake of individuals.
4. Drink a lot of water. Avoid juices and soda which tend to dehydrate you quickly. Wright drinks as much as eight to 10 glasses of water daily to cleanse her body of toxins and replenish lost fluids throughout the day. Drinking a lot of water also encourages the body to get rid of water weight.
5. Exercise regularly. Ancient people ran and lifted a lot while catching their prey or gathering crops. Incorporate a regular exercise program into the diet plan. Lift weights and do cardiovascular activity for 30 minutes to 60 minutes three to five times each week.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner's Secret To A Slim and Sexy Body: All About Her Diet And Fitness Routine [Watch Video]
- Sleep Deprivation Among Teens Is The Main Cause of Low Academic Performance, Bad Behaviour And Lethargy, Finds Study
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Pilgrimage To Mecca: The Latest Health and Travel Advice For Muslim Hajj And Umrah With Regard To MERS-CoV
- Bill Gates Believes Ebola Could Spread Outside West Africa, Warns Countries Should Strengthen Healthcare
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate