Hollywood Weight Loss: How to Do Robin Wright's Paleo Diet
July 10, 2014 11:59 AM EST
Hollywood stars have taken on different diet plans. But only a few of them can truly attest that one approach gave them the best results.
A combination photo shows local fruits in a market in Recife
Many fans wonder how Robin Wright maintains her trim and tight figure despite her age. Wright shared, "I'm trying to do the Paleo diet - no carbs. I've got to get thin for the show. I also ran on the beach this morning. Running gets everything done, doesn't it? Covers it all."
Other stars actually use the same approach like Megan Fox and Adriana Lima. Here are some tips from Wright on how to do it correctly:
1. Avoid some types of food. Paleo or paleolithic diet follows the principle that dieters should follow the same dietary regimen of hunter-gatherer communities. This means dairy products, cereals, salted food and fatty or fried food are prohibited. Avoid processed, sugary and alcoholic beverages and try to eat food only in their raw or natural state. Cooking is allowed but choose to boil or steam food instead of frying or using oil.
2. Right carbohydrates. Wright's paleo diet is not completely free of carbohydrates. Instead, she opts for vegetables and fruits and other complex sources of carbs instead of simple carbohydrates like white bread and pasta. Oats, quinoa and sweet potatoes are ideal sources, which keep dieters full for long periods and staving off hunger.
3. More protein. Cavemen ate more meat than carbohydrates so eat more lean protein sources from fish, chicken, turkey and beef. Protein should comprise about 20 percent to 35 percent of the daily caloric intake of individuals.
4. Drink a lot of water. Avoid juices and soda which tend to dehydrate you quickly. Wright drinks as much as eight to 10 glasses of water daily to cleanse her body of toxins and replenish lost fluids throughout the day. Drinking a lot of water also encourages the body to get rid of water weight.
5. Exercise regularly. Ancient people ran and lifted a lot while catching their prey or gathering crops. Incorporate a regular exercise program into the diet plan. Lift weights and do cardiovascular activity for 30 minutes to 60 minutes three to five times each week.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- 12 Terrifyingly Healthy Halloween Treats
- New York Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- Kate Middleton Back To Herself After Struggling With Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Ebola Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson Confident Of Human Trials In January And Market Delivery in May Next Year
- Dead Heart Beats Again, Doctors Use It For Transplant – A World’s First For Australia
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’