Hollywood Weight Loss: How to Do Robin Wright's Paleo Diet
July 10, 2014 11:59 AM EST
Hollywood stars have taken on different diet plans. But only a few of them can truly attest that one approach gave them the best results.
A combination photo shows local fruits in a market in Recife
Many fans wonder how Robin Wright maintains her trim and tight figure despite her age. Wright shared, "I'm trying to do the Paleo diet - no carbs. I've got to get thin for the show. I also ran on the beach this morning. Running gets everything done, doesn't it? Covers it all."
Other stars actually use the same approach like Megan Fox and Adriana Lima. Here are some tips from Wright on how to do it correctly:
1. Avoid some types of food. Paleo or paleolithic diet follows the principle that dieters should follow the same dietary regimen of hunter-gatherer communities. This means dairy products, cereals, salted food and fatty or fried food are prohibited. Avoid processed, sugary and alcoholic beverages and try to eat food only in their raw or natural state. Cooking is allowed but choose to boil or steam food instead of frying or using oil.
2. Right carbohydrates. Wright's paleo diet is not completely free of carbohydrates. Instead, she opts for vegetables and fruits and other complex sources of carbs instead of simple carbohydrates like white bread and pasta. Oats, quinoa and sweet potatoes are ideal sources, which keep dieters full for long periods and staving off hunger.
3. More protein. Cavemen ate more meat than carbohydrates so eat more lean protein sources from fish, chicken, turkey and beef. Protein should comprise about 20 percent to 35 percent of the daily caloric intake of individuals.
4. Drink a lot of water. Avoid juices and soda which tend to dehydrate you quickly. Wright drinks as much as eight to 10 glasses of water daily to cleanse her body of toxins and replenish lost fluids throughout the day. Drinking a lot of water also encourages the body to get rid of water weight.
5. Exercise regularly. Ancient people ran and lifted a lot while catching their prey or gathering crops. Incorporate a regular exercise program into the diet plan. Lift weights and do cardiovascular activity for 30 minutes to 60 minutes three to five times each week.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Airborne Version of Ebola Virus Could Wipe Out 1.2 Million; Aussie Doctor Appeals For Help
- Justin Bieber Strips for Fashion Week, Flashes Six Pack Abs: His Diet and Workout Secrets
- Kim Kardashian's Pregnancy Glow Returns; Rumour Mill Suggests That Kim Is Pregnant
- Research Finds African Americans and Caribbean Blacks Experiencing Discrimination are at a Greater Risk for Mental Disorders
- Joan Rivers May Have Died From Propofol Like Michael Jackson
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet