Jurassic World: Photo of Possible New Dinosaur Leaked
By Tanya Diente | July 10, 2014 10:49 AM EST
Movie director Colin Trevorrow has been providing spoilers for his movie "Jurassic World" on Twitter with a series of on-set photos. However, a photo of a velociraptor apparently wasn't supposed to be another spoiler when after it was leaked online, it was immediately removed, giving fans the impression that the animatronic raptor could actually be in the movie.
The dinosaur named "Sue," a 41-foot-long Tyrannosaurus rex, is shown on display at the Field Museum in Chicago, Illinois in this May 17, 2000 file photo. The 67 million-year-old dinosaur discovered near Faith, South Dakota, was named for Susan Hendrickson, who unearthed the giant creature. The hot question of whether dinosaurs were warm-blooded like birds and mammals or cold blooded like reptiles, fish and amphibians finally has a good answer. Dinosaurs, for eons Earth's dominant land animals until being wiped out by an asteroid 65 million years ago, were in fact somewhere in between.
Colin Trevorrow has so far only provided subtle hints and spoilers for "Jurassic World" on his Twitter account. From a raptor's shadow figure, location scouts to a blood-stained ambulance, fans have yet to see an actual glimpse of the dinosaurs that the movie is so famous for.
For loyal followers who were quick enough to scour the web for the latest "Jurassic World" news, they may already have caught this glimpse when a photo of a velociraptor was leaked on Instagram.
The velociraptor was zoomed in for a photo of its head, showing that it's wearing some sort of heavy-duty metal muzzle clamped to its mouth. Meanwhile, the "Electrical Service" sign on the background seems to suggest the photo was taken from the production set of "Jurassic World."
JoBlo reported the photo was leaked on Instagram with the caption "This is an actual velociraptor for the upcoming film Jurassic World! #jurassicworld #dinosaur #universalstudios #StevenSpielberg #Velociraptor #HYPE." It was later on removed, giving fans the impression that it's another spoiler for the movie, hinting at the possibility that the the raptor could actually be one of the genetically-enhanced dinosaurs in "Jurassic World."
Furthermore, the photo was uploaded from the home of Legacy Effects in Valencia, California, where production of "Jurassic World" is taking place.
In a previous report from IBTimes, Colin Trevorrow has confirmed "Jurassic World" will feature new breed of dinosaurs. He said the dinosaurs will be modified by Isla Nabur's geneticists with genetic enhancements to make it bigger, louder and with more teeth. Bottom-line, the raptors in "Jurassic World" will be more realistic (instead of CGI-inspired) and terrifying. They are bound to create more havoc than the dinosaurs in the previous "Jurassic Park" franchises.
While Collin Trevorrow has managed to confirm leaked details in the past, he has yet to confirm if this velociraptor photo is another one of his spoilers for "Jurassic World."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight