Jurassic World: Photo of Possible New Dinosaur Leaked
By Tanya Diente | July 10, 2014 10:49 AM EST
Movie director Colin Trevorrow has been providing spoilers for his movie "Jurassic World" on Twitter with a series of on-set photos. However, a photo of a velociraptor apparently wasn't supposed to be another spoiler when after it was leaked online, it was immediately removed, giving fans the impression that the animatronic raptor could actually be in the movie.
The dinosaur named "Sue," a 41-foot-long Tyrannosaurus rex, is shown on display at the Field Museum in Chicago, Illinois in this May 17, 2000 file photo. The 67 million-year-old dinosaur discovered near Faith, South Dakota, was named for Susan Hendrickson, who unearthed the giant creature. The hot question of whether dinosaurs were warm-blooded like birds and mammals or cold blooded like reptiles, fish and amphibians finally has a good answer. Dinosaurs, for eons Earth's dominant land animals until being wiped out by an asteroid 65 million years ago, were in fact somewhere in between.
Colin Trevorrow has so far only provided subtle hints and spoilers for "Jurassic World" on his Twitter account. From a raptor's shadow figure, location scouts to a blood-stained ambulance, fans have yet to see an actual glimpse of the dinosaurs that the movie is so famous for.
For loyal followers who were quick enough to scour the web for the latest "Jurassic World" news, they may already have caught this glimpse when a photo of a velociraptor was leaked on Instagram.
The velociraptor was zoomed in for a photo of its head, showing that it's wearing some sort of heavy-duty metal muzzle clamped to its mouth. Meanwhile, the "Electrical Service" sign on the background seems to suggest the photo was taken from the production set of "Jurassic World."
JoBlo reported the photo was leaked on Instagram with the caption "This is an actual velociraptor for the upcoming film Jurassic World! #jurassicworld #dinosaur #universalstudios #StevenSpielberg #Velociraptor #HYPE." It was later on removed, giving fans the impression that it's another spoiler for the movie, hinting at the possibility that the the raptor could actually be one of the genetically-enhanced dinosaurs in "Jurassic World."
Furthermore, the photo was uploaded from the home of Legacy Effects in Valencia, California, where production of "Jurassic World" is taking place.
In a previous report from IBTimes, Colin Trevorrow has confirmed "Jurassic World" will feature new breed of dinosaurs. He said the dinosaurs will be modified by Isla Nabur's geneticists with genetic enhancements to make it bigger, louder and with more teeth. Bottom-line, the raptors in "Jurassic World" will be more realistic (instead of CGI-inspired) and terrifying. They are bound to create more havoc than the dinosaurs in the previous "Jurassic Park" franchises.
While Collin Trevorrow has managed to confirm leaked details in the past, he has yet to confirm if this velociraptor photo is another one of his spoilers for "Jurassic World."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Actor Charlie Hunnam Gushes Over Co-star Maggie Siff, Says He Is Most Proud of Jax, Tara's Relationship [VIDEO}
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October