Jennifer Lawrence's Secret to her Fit Body Revealed: Trainer Unveils her 'The Hunger Games' Get Fit Workout
By nidhi tewari | July 10, 2014 8:36 AM EST
Jennifer Lawrence has a great fit body but the actress claims that she hates working out and doesn't even indulge in dieting. Then how does the "The Hunger Games" actress plays the physically taxing role of Katniss Everdeen in the movie which required her to do her stunts? The secret to her fitness has been revealed by her trainer Joe Horrigan who says that the actress loves skipping as an exercise.
Cast member Jennifer Lawrence poses during a photocall for the film "The Hunger Games : Mockingjay - Part 1" at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 17, 2014.
From Photo Bombing to Stealing Awards: Jennifer Lawrence Now Playfully Slaps Emma Watson's Face at Dior Fashion Week
Horrigan has earlier trained Hollywood elite actors including the ones who worked in "Charlie's Angels II," "Spiderman 2," "The Lovely Bones" and "The Hunger Games." He was approached to work on Lawrence when the actress needed to get her fitness levels up for her role in the movie "The Hunger Games," Teen Vogue reveals. Lawrence was trained to do the role of Katniss by doing sprints, riding a stationary bike, and even learning how to shoot bow and arrow. The actress even went to the extent of learning rock and tree climbing to achieve maximum fitness levels.
Jennifer Lawrence's trainer then revealed some more aspects about fitness in the magazine interview and said that just 20 minutes of skipping could do wonders in keeping a person fit and achieve a body like JLaw. Other cardio workouts include "running, cycling (road, mountain, classes, or simply a regular stationary bike), or various aerobic classes such as dance classes and hiking."
Apart from high intensity cardio exercises, Jennifer Lawrence also warmed up and recovered her body from fatigue by doing yoga. Warming up and stretching is as important as exercising. "Jen used yoga to stretch her body and improve her flexibility. It was also her exercise go-to on less intense days when her muscles needed to relax and rejuvenate," Horrigan reveled to the magazine.
"We did a very low intensity workout with very low volume to let her body recover once or twice a week. Jen's yoga routine consisted of sun salutes, reverse warriors, chair poses, planks, and tree poses," the trainer added.
To get a body like JLaw one needs to have willpower of her caliber. The trainer also called Jennifer a thorough "professional" who was dedicated the cause of fitness. "She was never late. She never missed a workout. She never complained. She did everything that was asked of her and she usually did so with a smile," Horrigan revealed further.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Super Model Andreja Pejic Confirms Identity As Transgender
- Complete Darkness at Night Key Brings Maximum Success of Breast Cancer Therapy: Latest Study Reveals
- 9 Tips For Surviving a Plane Crash
- Six Seconds of Exercise 'Can Transform Health': Study Reveals
- Men Who Work in Shifts Usually are at Higher Risk of Suffering From Type 2 Diabetes
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]