Jennifer Lawrence's Secret to her Fit Body Revealed: Trainer Unveils her 'The Hunger Games' Get Fit Workout
By nidhi tewari | July 10, 2014 8:36 AM EST
Jennifer Lawrence has a great fit body but the actress claims that she hates working out and doesn't even indulge in dieting. Then how does the "The Hunger Games" actress plays the physically taxing role of Katniss Everdeen in the movie which required her to do her stunts? The secret to her fitness has been revealed by her trainer Joe Horrigan who says that the actress loves skipping as an exercise.
Cast member Jennifer Lawrence poses during a photocall for the film "The Hunger Games : Mockingjay - Part 1" at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 17, 2014.
From Photo Bombing to Stealing Awards: Jennifer Lawrence Now Playfully Slaps Emma Watson's Face at Dior Fashion Week
Horrigan has earlier trained Hollywood elite actors including the ones who worked in "Charlie's Angels II," "Spiderman 2," "The Lovely Bones" and "The Hunger Games." He was approached to work on Lawrence when the actress needed to get her fitness levels up for her role in the movie "The Hunger Games," Teen Vogue reveals. Lawrence was trained to do the role of Katniss by doing sprints, riding a stationary bike, and even learning how to shoot bow and arrow. The actress even went to the extent of learning rock and tree climbing to achieve maximum fitness levels.
Jennifer Lawrence's trainer then revealed some more aspects about fitness in the magazine interview and said that just 20 minutes of skipping could do wonders in keeping a person fit and achieve a body like JLaw. Other cardio workouts include "running, cycling (road, mountain, classes, or simply a regular stationary bike), or various aerobic classes such as dance classes and hiking."
Apart from high intensity cardio exercises, Jennifer Lawrence also warmed up and recovered her body from fatigue by doing yoga. Warming up and stretching is as important as exercising. "Jen used yoga to stretch her body and improve her flexibility. It was also her exercise go-to on less intense days when her muscles needed to relax and rejuvenate," Horrigan reveled to the magazine.
"We did a very low intensity workout with very low volume to let her body recover once or twice a week. Jen's yoga routine consisted of sun salutes, reverse warriors, chair poses, planks, and tree poses," the trainer added.
To get a body like JLaw one needs to have willpower of her caliber. The trainer also called Jennifer a thorough "professional" who was dedicated the cause of fitness. "She was never late. She never missed a workout. She never complained. She did everything that was asked of her and she usually did so with a smile," Horrigan revealed further.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News 2014: 12 Days to Mayweather-Maidana Rematch; Money May’s Bikram Yoga Routine Includes Placing $100 Bills Around Mat
- Ebola: American Doctors in Liberia Trying Out New Methods
- 5 Deadly Reasons to Stay Away From Soda (Watch Video)
- Bill Clinton Credits Sugar-Free Diet For Weight Loss: A Vegan Diet If Not Followed Properly Can Cause Weight Gain
- The Secret Behind HIV Infection Found: Reasons Why It Could Not Be Eradicated
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase