Phaedra Parks and Apollo Nida Alleged Divorce Looms as Latter Gets 8-Year Imprisonment—Reports
By Sonalee singh | July 10, 2014 8:23 AM EST
"Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Phaedra Parks may pull the plug on her relationship with Apollo Nida now that the latter is going for 8-year jail imprisonment. Nida was charged with money fraud and is responsible for money laundering and in-cashing stolen cheques.
Reportedly, this kind of unlawful activity leads to 30-year of prison, a Georgia judge has granted leniency and has decreased the jail time.
"On behalf of my client Apollo, right now he feels remorse. He thought the judge was fair, and accepts his sentence, although he was hoping it would be less," Nida's lawyer Thomas D. Bever told People magazine
"Apollo is elated that this proceeding is past him and is no longer handing over his head. It meant everything to him that his mother and brother spoke on his behalf. He's OK, and will get through this," the lawyer further said.
Previously, it was speculated that Parks was also involved in the unlawful activity with his husband but now the reports suggest that Parks is clear from all the drama and is now planning to close this chapter of her life, as per the Celebdirtylaundry reports.
However, it is also being understood that for now Parks is behaving as a supportive wife as she does not want to call it quits with Nida this soon. But she would break-free in the time to come.
There is no confirmation to the reports of Parks divorcing Nida as yet. Before pleading guilty in May, Nida was already arrested in January. At that time Nida had taken full responsibility of the crime.
"By pleading guilty, Mr. Nida admits to his conduct in the past, and accepts full responsibility for it," His lawyer Bever had said that time to the magazine.
This is not the first time that Nida has been jailed. He has also been behind bars from 2004 to 2009 for auto title fraud. The couple Nida and Parks have two children together, Dylan and Ayden.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia