Transfer News: Real Madrid-Linked AS Monaco Attacking Duo 'Not Going Anywhere'
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 9, 2014 11:59 PM EST
AS Monaco's attacking pair Falcao and James Rodriguez will not be heading anywhere this summer, insists club vice-president Vadim Vasilyev.
The Colombians have been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid, with Falcao, 28, expected to don the famous white shirt as he was set to leave Atletico Madrid in 2013 but made a sudden change of heart to join the principality side, while Rodriguez, 22, made heads turn with his top-class performance in the World Cup, finding the back of the net 6 times.
“About James Rodriguez, everyone was surprised that we paid such a large sum a year ago. Now everyone is talking about him, which proves we were right.” - Vadim Vasilyev
"There are currently no discussions or negotiations with any club about Falcao," said Vasilyev.
"We rely on Falcao and we think he will have a great season in 2014-15 with Monaco."
"About James Rodriguez, everyone was surprised that we paid such a large sum a year ago. Now everyone is talking about him, which proves we were right."
"We strongly believe in this player - he is very important to us. We trust Rodriguez and Falcao will continue to do great things for us next season."
The former Rojiblancos man missed out the quadrennial competition in Brazil, while the former FC Porto man still leads the chart for most goal scored by an individual.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu