Transfer News: Real Madrid-Linked AS Monaco Attacking Duo 'Not Going Anywhere'
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 9, 2014 11:59 PM EST
AS Monaco's attacking pair Falcao and James Rodriguez will not be heading anywhere this summer, insists club vice-president Vadim Vasilyev.
The Colombians have been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid, with Falcao, 28, expected to don the famous white shirt as he was set to leave Atletico Madrid in 2013 but made a sudden change of heart to join the principality side, while Rodriguez, 22, made heads turn with his top-class performance in the World Cup, finding the back of the net 6 times.
“About James Rodriguez, everyone was surprised that we paid such a large sum a year ago. Now everyone is talking about him, which proves we were right.” - Vadim Vasilyev
"There are currently no discussions or negotiations with any club about Falcao," said Vasilyev.
"We rely on Falcao and we think he will have a great season in 2014-15 with Monaco."
"About James Rodriguez, everyone was surprised that we paid such a large sum a year ago. Now everyone is talking about him, which proves we were right."
"We strongly believe in this player - he is very important to us. We trust Rodriguez and Falcao will continue to do great things for us next season."
The former Rojiblancos man missed out the quadrennial competition in Brazil, while the former FC Porto man still leads the chart for most goal scored by an individual.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Bob Arum Calls Showtime ‘Masochists’ For Allowing Floyd Mayweather To Lose Company Money
- Manny Pacquiao: ‘Money Is Not An Issue, Mayweather Has Not Responded To Challenge Of A Charity Match’
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season