Transfer News: Real Madrid-Linked AS Monaco Attacking Duo 'Not Going Anywhere'
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 9, 2014 11:59 PM EST
AS Monaco's attacking pair Falcao and James Rodriguez will not be heading anywhere this summer, insists club vice-president Vadim Vasilyev.
The Colombians have been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid, with Falcao, 28, expected to don the famous white shirt as he was set to leave Atletico Madrid in 2013 but made a sudden change of heart to join the principality side, while Rodriguez, 22, made heads turn with his top-class performance in the World Cup, finding the back of the net 6 times.
“About James Rodriguez, everyone was surprised that we paid such a large sum a year ago. Now everyone is talking about him, which proves we were right.” - Vadim Vasilyev
"There are currently no discussions or negotiations with any club about Falcao," said Vasilyev.
"We rely on Falcao and we think he will have a great season in 2014-15 with Monaco."
"About James Rodriguez, everyone was surprised that we paid such a large sum a year ago. Now everyone is talking about him, which proves we were right."
"We strongly believe in this player - he is very important to us. We trust Rodriguez and Falcao will continue to do great things for us next season."
The former Rojiblancos man missed out the quadrennial competition in Brazil, while the former FC Porto man still leads the chart for most goal scored by an individual.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June