Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners on the Verge of Signing Barcelona Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 9, 2014 10:49 PM EST
Arsenal are on the verge of signing FC Barcelona striker Alexis Sanchez and Newcastle United defender Mathieu Debuchy, according to Sky Sports.
The Chilean hitman raised his stocks during the World Cup after helping his side get through to the second round. His 2-goal tally does not speak entirely of how he's performed at Brazil as he remained a constant threat at the offensive end, making himself a tough puzzle to solve for the oppositions' defenders.
Arsenal are reported to be on the verge of signing FC Barcelona striker Alexis Sanchez
Meanwhile, he is coming off a relatively successful 2013/14 season at club level, finding the back of the net 19 times for the Blaugrana, while dishing out 17 assists in 54 appearances.
Sources have recently linked him with a move to Liverpool as a part of a player-plus-cash swoop that will involve Luis Suarez on the other end, but it is suggested that Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is determined to add another world-class player to his squad in order to realise the club's primary objective - to win a major silverware.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date