Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners on the Verge of Signing Barcelona Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 9, 2014 10:49 PM EST
Arsenal are on the verge of signing FC Barcelona striker Alexis Sanchez and Newcastle United defender Mathieu Debuchy, according to Sky Sports.
The Chilean hitman raised his stocks during the World Cup after helping his side get through to the second round. His 2-goal tally does not speak entirely of how he's performed at Brazil as he remained a constant threat at the offensive end, making himself a tough puzzle to solve for the oppositions' defenders.
Arsenal are reported to be on the verge of signing FC Barcelona striker Alexis Sanchez
Meanwhile, he is coming off a relatively successful 2013/14 season at club level, finding the back of the net 19 times for the Blaugrana, while dishing out 17 assists in 54 appearances.
Sources have recently linked him with a move to Liverpool as a part of a player-plus-cash swoop that will involve Luis Suarez on the other end, but it is suggested that Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is determined to add another world-class player to his squad in order to realise the club's primary objective - to win a major silverware.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho