Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners on the Verge of Signing Barcelona Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 9, 2014 10:49 PM EST
Arsenal are on the verge of signing FC Barcelona striker Alexis Sanchez and Newcastle United defender Mathieu Debuchy, according to Sky Sports.
The Chilean hitman raised his stocks during the World Cup after helping his side get through to the second round. His 2-goal tally does not speak entirely of how he's performed at Brazil as he remained a constant threat at the offensive end, making himself a tough puzzle to solve for the oppositions' defenders.
Arsenal are reported to be on the verge of signing FC Barcelona striker Alexis Sanchez
Meanwhile, he is coming off a relatively successful 2013/14 season at club level, finding the back of the net 19 times for the Blaugrana, while dishing out 17 assists in 54 appearances.
Sources have recently linked him with a move to Liverpool as a part of a player-plus-cash swoop that will involve Luis Suarez on the other end, but it is suggested that Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is determined to add another world-class player to his squad in order to realise the club's primary objective - to win a major silverware.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen