Kendall Jenner Makes Haute Couture Debut in Paris Sporting a Grunge Look: Hangs Out with Jared Leto
By nidhi tewari | July 9, 2014 7:06 PM EST
Kendall Jenner is making heads turn in the modeling world for being one of the most sought out models in the industry. The 18-year-old half sister of Kim Kardashian has made her Haute Couture debut on the ramp in Paris on Tuesday. Kendall sported a grunge look as she sashayed her way through other models at the Chanel show as part of Paris Fashion Week - Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2014-2015 at Grand Palais.
Models present creations by German designer Karl Lagerfeld at the end of his Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2014-2015 fashion show for French fashion house Chanel in Paris July 8, 2014. REUTERS/Philippe
From Hosting to Acting: Kylie and Kendall Jenner's Sci-Fi Novel to be Turned into a Movie Where They Could Act—Reports
Kendall and Kylie Jenner's Novel Ghostwriter Reveals Details of the Sister's Efforts on 'Rebels: City of Indra'
The move further strengthens her place in the modeling world and gives a boost to her career which is a far cry from that of being a reality star in her family show "Keeping up with the Kardashians." Kendall, who made her runway debut during Paris Fashion Week's ready to wear show in March, looked extremely different with her hair piled up on top of her head in a messy way. She also had a stylish sequined hat on the back of her head. Check out her solo picture here on Twitter by styledotcom.
Kendall wore a red and black tweed feathery dress which bared her slender shoulders as she carried a sling bag across the dress. She posted a picture of herself and another model on Instagram as they posed backstage. Check out the picture here.
Kendall looked expressionless as she walked the ramp professionally even without wearing heels. The teenager wore black sandals with embellishments and black satin straps which were wrapped around her ankles in dramatic knots.
After the show, the brunette model then hung out with "Dallas Buyers Club" actor Jared Leto and famed fashion writer Derek Blasberg. Blasberg posted the picture of Kendall and Jared with him on his Twitter account and it can be seen here. "Just a couple of Americans in Paris: me, @JaredLeto and @KendallJenner at the Chanel show," Blasberg captioned the picture where Kendall is seen smiling for the camera putting on huge sunglasses.
Kendall's mom Kris Jenner could not contain her excitement and posted a picture of her model daughter on her Instagram account with a congratulatory message. ".... you look so beautiful walking in the Chanel Couture show just now!!!!! I'm so proud of you! Fabulous show," Kris captioned the picture which can be seen here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- American Horror Story Season 4 Freak Show to Feature Scariest Villain, Names of Season 4 Characters Revealed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’