Kendall Jenner Makes Haute Couture Debut in Paris Sporting a Grunge Look: Hangs Out with Jared Leto
By nidhi tewari | July 9, 2014 7:06 PM EST
Kendall Jenner is making heads turn in the modeling world for being one of the most sought out models in the industry. The 18-year-old half sister of Kim Kardashian has made her Haute Couture debut on the ramp in Paris on Tuesday. Kendall sported a grunge look as she sashayed her way through other models at the Chanel show as part of Paris Fashion Week - Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2014-2015 at Grand Palais.
Models present creations by German designer Karl Lagerfeld at the end of his Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2014-2015 fashion show for French fashion house Chanel in Paris July 8, 2014. REUTERS/Philippe
From Hosting to Acting: Kylie and Kendall Jenner's Sci-Fi Novel to be Turned into a Movie Where They Could Act—Reports
Kendall and Kylie Jenner's Novel Ghostwriter Reveals Details of the Sister's Efforts on 'Rebels: City of Indra'
The move further strengthens her place in the modeling world and gives a boost to her career which is a far cry from that of being a reality star in her family show "Keeping up with the Kardashians." Kendall, who made her runway debut during Paris Fashion Week's ready to wear show in March, looked extremely different with her hair piled up on top of her head in a messy way. She also had a stylish sequined hat on the back of her head. Check out her solo picture here on Twitter by styledotcom.
Kendall wore a red and black tweed feathery dress which bared her slender shoulders as she carried a sling bag across the dress. She posted a picture of herself and another model on Instagram as they posed backstage. Check out the picture here.
Kendall looked expressionless as she walked the ramp professionally even without wearing heels. The teenager wore black sandals with embellishments and black satin straps which were wrapped around her ankles in dramatic knots.
After the show, the brunette model then hung out with "Dallas Buyers Club" actor Jared Leto and famed fashion writer Derek Blasberg. Blasberg posted the picture of Kendall and Jared with him on his Twitter account and it can be seen here. "Just a couple of Americans in Paris: me, @JaredLeto and @KendallJenner at the Chanel show," Blasberg captioned the picture where Kendall is seen smiling for the camera putting on huge sunglasses.
Kendall's mom Kris Jenner could not contain her excitement and posted a picture of her model daughter on her Instagram account with a congratulatory message. ".... you look so beautiful walking in the Chanel Couture show just now!!!!! I'm so proud of you! Fabulous show," Kris captioned the picture which can be seen here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS