Kendall Jenner Makes Haute Couture Debut in Paris Sporting a Grunge Look: Hangs Out with Jared Leto
By nidhi tewari | July 9, 2014 7:06 PM EST
Kendall Jenner is making heads turn in the modeling world for being one of the most sought out models in the industry. The 18-year-old half sister of Kim Kardashian has made her Haute Couture debut on the ramp in Paris on Tuesday. Kendall sported a grunge look as she sashayed her way through other models at the Chanel show as part of Paris Fashion Week - Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2014-2015 at Grand Palais.
Models present creations by German designer Karl Lagerfeld at the end of his Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2014-2015 fashion show for French fashion house Chanel in Paris July 8, 2014. REUTERS/Philippe
From Hosting to Acting: Kylie and Kendall Jenner's Sci-Fi Novel to be Turned into a Movie Where They Could Act—Reports
Kendall and Kylie Jenner's Novel Ghostwriter Reveals Details of the Sister's Efforts on 'Rebels: City of Indra'
The move further strengthens her place in the modeling world and gives a boost to her career which is a far cry from that of being a reality star in her family show "Keeping up with the Kardashians." Kendall, who made her runway debut during Paris Fashion Week's ready to wear show in March, looked extremely different with her hair piled up on top of her head in a messy way. She also had a stylish sequined hat on the back of her head. Check out her solo picture here on Twitter by styledotcom.
Kendall wore a red and black tweed feathery dress which bared her slender shoulders as she carried a sling bag across the dress. She posted a picture of herself and another model on Instagram as they posed backstage. Check out the picture here.
Kendall looked expressionless as she walked the ramp professionally even without wearing heels. The teenager wore black sandals with embellishments and black satin straps which were wrapped around her ankles in dramatic knots.
After the show, the brunette model then hung out with "Dallas Buyers Club" actor Jared Leto and famed fashion writer Derek Blasberg. Blasberg posted the picture of Kendall and Jared with him on his Twitter account and it can be seen here. "Just a couple of Americans in Paris: me, @JaredLeto and @KendallJenner at the Chanel show," Blasberg captioned the picture where Kendall is seen smiling for the camera putting on huge sunglasses.
Kendall's mom Kris Jenner could not contain her excitement and posted a picture of her model daughter on her Instagram account with a congratulatory message. ".... you look so beautiful walking in the Chanel Couture show just now!!!!! I'm so proud of you! Fabulous show," Kris captioned the picture which can be seen here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped