Sony Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact September 2014 Release Date Leaked from Vodafone Germany --Reports
By Ryan Inoyori | July 9, 2014 5:02 PM EST
New leaked information unveiled the release date of Sony Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact on September. Allegedly, the source of the information has been claimed coming from an internal system at Vodafone Germany.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014.
Sony Xperia Z3 Duo Release Date
Sony Xperia Z3 and its mini version - Xperia Z3 Compact - are now rumoured to be released before the month of September ends according to reports from the German Web site Go2Android.de. An internal document written in German revealed the upcoming new flagship smartphones from Sony Mobile.
Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact have been listed among with other known models such Xperia Z2, Xperia E1 and Xperia T2 Ultra. The Web site claims that the leaked document came from an internal system at Vodafone Germany.
Moreover, Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact are noted by the German Web site to be released on September 30 after the IFA 2014 event in Berlin, Germany. It is also expected that Vodafone Germany will put both Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact on sale on the same day.
Sony Mobile will have to confirm the existence of Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact at the IFA 2014 event which is set to commence on September 5 to September 10.
Vodafone Germany confirms nothing regarding the leaked document claimed to have been sourced from their internal system.
Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact's alleged official launching and release date on September may quicken their arrival to commercial markets. Xperia Z2 was announced at the Mobile World Congress this year and was released two months later. Xperia Z1 Compact represented the mini version of both Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z2 smartphones which was released in January 2014.
Xperia Z3 specifications have been leaked out using AnTuTu benchmarking tool while its prototype design was posted through a Chinese Web site called Weibo.
*AnTuTu Benchmark Tool:
Japanese Web site Juggly captured a screenshot of the alleged AnTuTu score of Sony Xperia Z3. The device scored 37169 and received positive remarks from the benchmarking tool including good CPU, excellent RAM and excellent 2D/3D graphics support.
Alleged Xperia Z3 benchmark score also beats HTC One's 33542 from AnTuTu and Galaxy S5 Snapdragon's 36018 but slightly beaten out by Galaxy S5 Exynos with 38580 total score on the same benchmarking test.
Leaked Image from Weibo:
A Weibo user posted the alleged images of Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact prototype units which showed significantly smaller display bezel. But the source did not exactly reveal the materials used and what design concept was applied on the prototype models.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia