Sony Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact September 2014 Release Date Leaked from Vodafone Germany --Reports
By Ryan Inoyori | July 9, 2014 5:02 PM EST
New leaked information unveiled the release date of Sony Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact on September. Allegedly, the source of the information has been claimed coming from an internal system at Vodafone Germany.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014.
Sony Xperia Z3 Duo Release Date
Sony Xperia Z3 and its mini version - Xperia Z3 Compact - are now rumoured to be released before the month of September ends according to reports from the German Web site Go2Android.de. An internal document written in German revealed the upcoming new flagship smartphones from Sony Mobile.
Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact have been listed among with other known models such Xperia Z2, Xperia E1 and Xperia T2 Ultra. The Web site claims that the leaked document came from an internal system at Vodafone Germany.
Moreover, Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact are noted by the German Web site to be released on September 30 after the IFA 2014 event in Berlin, Germany. It is also expected that Vodafone Germany will put both Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact on sale on the same day.
Sony Mobile will have to confirm the existence of Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact at the IFA 2014 event which is set to commence on September 5 to September 10.
Vodafone Germany confirms nothing regarding the leaked document claimed to have been sourced from their internal system.
Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact's alleged official launching and release date on September may quicken their arrival to commercial markets. Xperia Z2 was announced at the Mobile World Congress this year and was released two months later. Xperia Z1 Compact represented the mini version of both Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z2 smartphones which was released in January 2014.
Xperia Z3 specifications have been leaked out using AnTuTu benchmarking tool while its prototype design was posted through a Chinese Web site called Weibo.
*AnTuTu Benchmark Tool:
Japanese Web site Juggly captured a screenshot of the alleged AnTuTu score of Sony Xperia Z3. The device scored 37169 and received positive remarks from the benchmarking tool including good CPU, excellent RAM and excellent 2D/3D graphics support.
Alleged Xperia Z3 benchmark score also beats HTC One's 33542 from AnTuTu and Galaxy S5 Snapdragon's 36018 but slightly beaten out by Galaxy S5 Exynos with 38580 total score on the same benchmarking test.
Leaked Image from Weibo:
A Weibo user posted the alleged images of Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact prototype units which showed significantly smaller display bezel. But the source did not exactly reveal the materials used and what design concept was applied on the prototype models.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying