Father Charged with Murder of 3 Year Old Boy in Suburban Adelaide
By Sachin Trivedi | July 9, 2014 4:30 PM EST
A 3 year old boy lost his life and the father has been charged with murder in suburban Adelaide. The boy reportedly died from injuries, which may have been stab wounds. The police have offered their sympathies to the family members of the victim.
The father of the boy, a 36 year old man living in Stepney, is said to have approached the police. According to a report by the South Australia police, a police unit was investigating an unrelated accident on Gorge Road in Athelstone when the man approached them in a black Volswagen utility vehicle.
The 3 year old boy is said to have been found in an injured condition inside the van. The boy was taken to the Adelaide Women's and Children's Hospital. The boy died from his injuries even after the staff made desperate efforts to save him.
"It is an absolute tragedy that a little boy has lost his life in these circumstances," the Superintendent Graeme Adcock, Officer in Charge of Eastern Adelaide Local Service Area, said in a statement.
The father of the boy has been charged with murder and has been taken to the Royal Adelaide Hospital. The man is said to be going through serious but not life threatening surgery at the hospital.
The investigation is still in early stages and an autopsy will reportedly be conducted to determine the exact cause of the death of the boy. The father reportedly had no history of domestic violence. The police have not yet been able to get a statement from the mother, who is said to be extremely sad after hearing the news.
According to a report by News.com, the mother called the police at 8:25 am. She was concerned about the safety of her son and told the police that the boy was taken by his father from their home in Stepney.
The police have thanked the public for their assistance in the case. The police have also promised support for the boy's mother. The detectives will be able to speak to the father after 24 hours of his surgery.
More Articles to Read
Fast and Furious 7 Release Date Changed - Paul Walker's Daughter Posts a Pic on the Beach [Read]
Jurassic World Leaked Photo from the Set Shows a Bloody Hand [Read]
Hobbit 3 Trailer to be Released in October Confirms Producer Peter Jackson [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton Makes First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage