Father Charged with Murder of 3 Year Old Boy in Suburban Adelaide
By Sachin Trivedi | July 9, 2014 4:30 PM EST
A 3 year old boy lost his life and the father has been charged with murder in suburban Adelaide. The boy reportedly died from injuries, which may have been stab wounds. The police have offered their sympathies to the family members of the victim.
The father of the boy, a 36 year old man living in Stepney, is said to have approached the police. According to a report by the South Australia police, a police unit was investigating an unrelated accident on Gorge Road in Athelstone when the man approached them in a black Volswagen utility vehicle.
The 3 year old boy is said to have been found in an injured condition inside the van. The boy was taken to the Adelaide Women's and Children's Hospital. The boy died from his injuries even after the staff made desperate efforts to save him.
"It is an absolute tragedy that a little boy has lost his life in these circumstances," the Superintendent Graeme Adcock, Officer in Charge of Eastern Adelaide Local Service Area, said in a statement.
The father of the boy has been charged with murder and has been taken to the Royal Adelaide Hospital. The man is said to be going through serious but not life threatening surgery at the hospital.
The investigation is still in early stages and an autopsy will reportedly be conducted to determine the exact cause of the death of the boy. The father reportedly had no history of domestic violence. The police have not yet been able to get a statement from the mother, who is said to be extremely sad after hearing the news.
According to a report by News.com, the mother called the police at 8:25 am. She was concerned about the safety of her son and told the police that the boy was taken by his father from their home in Stepney.
The police have thanked the public for their assistance in the case. The police have also promised support for the boy's mother. The detectives will be able to speak to the father after 24 hours of his surgery.
More Articles to Read
Fast and Furious 7 Release Date Changed - Paul Walker's Daughter Posts a Pic on the Beach [Read]
Jurassic World Leaked Photo from the Set Shows a Bloody Hand [Read]
Hobbit 3 Trailer to be Released in October Confirms Producer Peter Jackson [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where and How to Best View Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower Peak on July 28 and 29
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More