‘Neighbours’ Moving to the U.S. on Hulu [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 9, 2014 4:28 PM EST
“Neighbours” will be coming to the U.S. The long-running Australian soap opera is launching in America on the Web site subscription service Hulu.
On July 14, U.S. subscribers will be able to watch the multiple Logie Award-winning series on Hulu and Hulu Plus.
New episodes will air daily from Monday to Friday, four weeks after they broadcast in Australia.
“’Neighbours’ provides a delicious daily dose of Australian sunshine to soap opera fans, and thanks to Hulu, we’re coming to the U.S. at a perfect entry point for first time viewers,” Jeff Siegel, VP Digital Distribution and Home entertainment at FreemantleMedia, said.
“The drama, the excitement and the intrigue are all wonderfully accessible to anyone eager to get hooked on the compelling storylines of Australia’s longest-running scripted television series.”
Hulu, like the coveted Netflix, is a paid subscription streaming service, but is focused more on streaming television programs.
This isn’t the first time “Neighbours” has ventured to the U.S.
In 1991, U.S. TV station KCOP-TV aired the show during weekdays. It cancelled the show by after just one month due to low ratings, but aired it once again for two more months. WWOR-TV also aired the soap in September 1991.
In 2004, television network Oxygen began airing the show for national broadcast, though it eventually took it off as well.
The show has also aired in the UK, Canada and New Zealand.
Back in its home country, “Neighbours” has also experienced moving from one network to another. It launched on the Seven Network in 1985 before it was bought by Channel Ten in 1986, where it continued to air until 2010. In 2011, it moved to Ten’s affiliate digital TV Eleven, where it has remained since.
Neighbours July 3, 2014 Recap
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop