Beyonce Has a Secret Half Sister: Dad Matthew Knowles Sued Yet Again by Ex-Lingerie Model for Paternity Lawsuit—Reports
By nidhi tewari | July 9, 2014 4:26 PM EST
Beyonce Knowles has another very young half sister she is not aware of yet, new media reports suggest. Her father, Matthew Knowles, has been hit by yet another paternity suit by an American woman.
A Houston-based woman named Taqoya Branscomb, who is younger than Beyonce in age, is seeking money and child support from Beyoncé's 63-year-old father for her female child born in 2010, Buzz Feed is reporting.
Beyonce poses backstage after performing at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
Top 5 Best and Hilarious Internet Reactions for Solange Fights with Jay Z in Elevator at MET Gala After Party
Branscomb also wants a DNA test to be conducted to make sure the child is fathered by Matthew Knowles. Taqoya has reportedly filed a lawsuit against Matthew in Texas claiming she got pregnant from him in 2010. It is the same year when Matthew's wife and Beyonce's mother, Tina Knowles, filed for divorce.
The 30-year-old Branscomb revealed to the Web site that she worked as a lingerie model first and later became a real estate agent. TMZ has a picture of Taqoya Branscomb and it can be seen here.
It is not the first time that Beyonce's dad has been involved in a paternity suit. Previously, Matthew accepted he fathered a son with actress Alexsandra Wright in 2010 when she filed a lawsuit againt him. The entire paternity suit saga caused Matthew and his then wife Tina to divorce, ending three decades of their married life.
Matthew Knowles was initially ordered by court to pay Wright $12,000 a month in February 2013. He was still earning good money then by being her daughter Beyonce's manager. But after the Alexsandra Wright episode, Beyonce fired her dad from the manager's job. The compensation to Wright was reduced to a measly $2,485 a month as a result.
Beyonce's life has been surrounded by various controversial events lately. The 32-year-old was in news recently when her younger sister, Solange Knowles, was involved in a violent burst with her husband, Jay Z, in a lift of a hotel. Beyonce was criticised for keeping calm while Solange was seen physically attacking her husband. Solange and Jay Z released a joint statement saying things are fine between the members of the family. However, of late, there has been strong speculation in the media that Bey and Jay Z are in a rocky relationship and are heading for divorce.
The musical couple is currently busy with their joint "On The Run" tour.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia