Beyonce Has a Secret Half Sister: Dad Matthew Knowles Sued Yet Again by Ex-Lingerie Model for Paternity Lawsuit—Reports
By nidhi tewari | July 9, 2014 4:26 PM EST
Beyonce Knowles has another very young half sister she is not aware of yet, new media reports suggest. Her father, Matthew Knowles, has been hit by yet another paternity suit by an American woman.
A Houston-based woman named Taqoya Branscomb, who is younger than Beyonce in age, is seeking money and child support from Beyoncé's 63-year-old father for her female child born in 2010, Buzz Feed is reporting.
Beyonce poses backstage after performing at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
Top 5 Best and Hilarious Internet Reactions for Solange Fights with Jay Z in Elevator at MET Gala After Party
Branscomb also wants a DNA test to be conducted to make sure the child is fathered by Matthew Knowles. Taqoya has reportedly filed a lawsuit against Matthew in Texas claiming she got pregnant from him in 2010. It is the same year when Matthew's wife and Beyonce's mother, Tina Knowles, filed for divorce.
The 30-year-old Branscomb revealed to the Web site that she worked as a lingerie model first and later became a real estate agent. TMZ has a picture of Taqoya Branscomb and it can be seen here.
It is not the first time that Beyonce's dad has been involved in a paternity suit. Previously, Matthew accepted he fathered a son with actress Alexsandra Wright in 2010 when she filed a lawsuit againt him. The entire paternity suit saga caused Matthew and his then wife Tina to divorce, ending three decades of their married life.
Matthew Knowles was initially ordered by court to pay Wright $12,000 a month in February 2013. He was still earning good money then by being her daughter Beyonce's manager. But after the Alexsandra Wright episode, Beyonce fired her dad from the manager's job. The compensation to Wright was reduced to a measly $2,485 a month as a result.
Beyonce's life has been surrounded by various controversial events lately. The 32-year-old was in news recently when her younger sister, Solange Knowles, was involved in a violent burst with her husband, Jay Z, in a lift of a hotel. Beyonce was criticised for keeping calm while Solange was seen physically attacking her husband. Solange and Jay Z released a joint statement saying things are fine between the members of the family. However, of late, there has been strong speculation in the media that Bey and Jay Z are in a rocky relationship and are heading for divorce.
The musical couple is currently busy with their joint "On The Run" tour.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James