Fifty Shades of Grey Star Dakota Johnson Meets Anastasia’s Origin; Spotted Crossing Paths with Kristen Stewart in Paris
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 9, 2014 4:13 PM EST
The connection between "Fifty Shades of Grey" and "Twilight" is no secret to the avid readers of the E.L. James' trilogy. Before Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan step in, the trilogy author had first imagined Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson to be the ones doing the kinky stuff.
Actress Dakota Johnson arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
Under the pen name Snowqueens Icedragon, E.L. James is known to have written a "Twilight" fan fiction in 2010 titled "Master of the Universe" that later became "Fifty Shades of Grey" when a publishing company picked the book, and was later acquired for a movie deal.
"[Fifty Shades] did start as Twilight fan fiction, inspired by Stephenie Meyer's wonderful series of books," E. L. James British agent, Valerie Hoskins, told Deadline in 2012. "Originally it was written as fan fiction, then Erika [E.L. James] decided to take it down after there were some comments about the racy nature of the material."
Bringing the connection back to life, the media spotted Johnson (Anastasia Steele) and Stewart (Isabella Swan) crossing paths at the Chanel Fashion Show at Paris Fashion Week on Tuesday, July 8.
Kristen Stewart looked glam in white crop top and a pair of white harem pants, a look Express UK considered "worlds away" from the "Twilight" character Isabella Swan, which has made the 24-year-old star famous.
Stewart also made a statement with her newly cropped orange hair; turning away from the red hair fans were used to see. The 24-year-old Dakota Johnson, same age with Stewart, on the other hand, was photographed in head-to-toe black leather ensemble.
The "Fifty Shades of Grey" star Dakota Johnson and "Twilight" star Kristen Stewart" met at the Chanel Fashion Show, smiling on cam with their sunglasses as captured by an image available on the Express UK Web site.
Hollywood Life reported that Johnson and Stewart were seen chatting during the Chanel Fashion Show, but there were no clues as to what the two stars were discussing about.
Dakota Johnson, playing Anastasia Steele, alongside Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey, is set to appear on the big screens in the "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie on Valentine's Day 2015. Kristen Stewart, on the other hand, is set to appear in five movies, including "Anesthesia," "Still Alice" and "American Ultra."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date