Fifty Shades of Grey Star Dakota Johnson Meets Anastasia’s Origin; Spotted Crossing Paths with Kristen Stewart in Paris
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 9, 2014 4:13 PM EST
The connection between "Fifty Shades of Grey" and "Twilight" is no secret to the avid readers of the E.L. James' trilogy. Before Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan step in, the trilogy author had first imagined Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson to be the ones doing the kinky stuff.
Actress Dakota Johnson arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
Under the pen name Snowqueens Icedragon, E.L. James is known to have written a "Twilight" fan fiction in 2010 titled "Master of the Universe" that later became "Fifty Shades of Grey" when a publishing company picked the book, and was later acquired for a movie deal.
"[Fifty Shades] did start as Twilight fan fiction, inspired by Stephenie Meyer's wonderful series of books," E. L. James British agent, Valerie Hoskins, told Deadline in 2012. "Originally it was written as fan fiction, then Erika [E.L. James] decided to take it down after there were some comments about the racy nature of the material."
Bringing the connection back to life, the media spotted Johnson (Anastasia Steele) and Stewart (Isabella Swan) crossing paths at the Chanel Fashion Show at Paris Fashion Week on Tuesday, July 8.
Kristen Stewart looked glam in white crop top and a pair of white harem pants, a look Express UK considered "worlds away" from the "Twilight" character Isabella Swan, which has made the 24-year-old star famous.
Stewart also made a statement with her newly cropped orange hair; turning away from the red hair fans were used to see. The 24-year-old Dakota Johnson, same age with Stewart, on the other hand, was photographed in head-to-toe black leather ensemble.
The "Fifty Shades of Grey" star Dakota Johnson and "Twilight" star Kristen Stewart" met at the Chanel Fashion Show, smiling on cam with their sunglasses as captured by an image available on the Express UK Web site.
Hollywood Life reported that Johnson and Stewart were seen chatting during the Chanel Fashion Show, but there were no clues as to what the two stars were discussing about.
Dakota Johnson, playing Anastasia Steele, alongside Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey, is set to appear on the big screens in the "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie on Valentine's Day 2015. Kristen Stewart, on the other hand, is set to appear in five movies, including "Anesthesia," "Still Alice" and "American Ultra."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand