Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Release Date is Moulded After the Galaxy S5’s Overall Body Design – Report
By Erik Pineda | July 9, 2014 3:36 PM EST
The Galaxy Note 4 on its 2014 release date will largely take after the Galaxy S5, a new leak suggests, likely mirroring one area of the design language that was showcased with Samsung's first flagship phone this year.
Jermaine Smit via ConceptiPhon
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 concept image
In effect, the tweet strongly suggested that the Note 4 will hit store shelves worldwide in four colour variants, namely black, white, blue and gold. It is unclear, however, if all the options will be made available to consumers on debut time.
Recall that in previous rollouts, Samsung initially offered the black and white editions of its flagship handsets, the Note phablets including, and this was the case with the GS5 outing in April this year. With the new information from Blass, a crucial part of the final Note 4 build appears to be coming into light - that the next-gen hybrid phone is heading into the same path of the Galaxy S5.
But not necessarily the look, make and feel that the GS5 had already showcased. Sammy fans have been in anticipation of a very different Note 4, counting on the recent declaration from Samsung that the device is all about a new form-factor.
What exactly the statement means is anybody's guess.
For now and going by again with the latest info from @evleaks, it is fair to say that the features introduced with the GS5 will be replicated or even enhanced with Samsung's super-sized smartphone.
The fingerprint sensor plus the water and dust resistance should be on hand but with expected hardware and software improvements.
Yet there will be handset features that likely will be exclusive for the Note 4. One is a shooter that is equipped with optical image stabilisation, which is a camera capability that is speculated to be part also of the iPhone 6.
There are talks too that Note 3 sequel will have a main cam of up to 20MP lens sensor and its basic storage configuration will start at 32GB with support for up to 128GB of extra memory for the on-board microSD expansion slot.
The powerhouse, according to reports, inside of the beastly phablet is a quad-core Snapdragon 805 but in select markets, the Note 4 will have the latest Exynos mobile device engine that Samsung is designed as a niche approach.
On release date, which is said to coincide with the 2014 IFA Berlin gadget show in September, the Galaxy Note 4 is likely the first Samsung gadget to flash the simplified interface and cool features of Android L that will soon replace Google's KitKat 4.4.4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Complete NYC Tour Itinerary [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots