Star Wars 7 Reportedly Being Filmed at Puzzlewood
By Sachin Trivedi | July 9, 2014 3:28 PM EST
The popular upcoming movie "Star Wars" 7 may be secretly filming in Puzzlewood, in the Forest of Dean. The filming location is in England and has been used as a set for producing popular TV shows and movies like "Merlin," "Doctor Who" and "Jack the Giant Slayer." The crew at the filming location have reportedly neither confirmed nor denied that the movie was being filmed there.
Actor Harrison Ford poses for photographers at a question and answer event about his new film "Enders Game" at a cinema at Leicester Square in central London in this file photo taken October 7, 2013. Ford has undergone surgery on his broken left leg that was injured in an accident on the set of "Star Wars: VII," the publicist for the 71-year-old actor said in a statement on Thursday. REUTERS/Andrew Winning/Files
There is a filming crew busy shooting at Puzzlewood. According to a report by BBC the movie being filmed maybe "Star Wars" 7. There are a few popular planets that offer dense vegetation similar to that found in the Forest Dean. Here is a look at some of the planets that have such forests.
The densely forested planet was seen in "Star Wars" Episode 3. The planet is the home of the Wookiees. With the casting of Han Solo and Chewbacca, it is possible that the plot will take the viewers back to Chewbacca's home planet.
Forest Moon of Endor -
A raging battle took place in the forest moon of Endor in "Star Wars" Episode 6. The decisive victory here led to the destruction of the imperial super weapon - the Death Star and the defeat of the emperor. It is still unclear if there are remnant forces of the empire still fighting. Fans of the franchise who have seen the original trilogy will remember that a large section of the empire's forces did not take part in the battle of Endor but were watching the battle from a distance.
The largely forested planet of Dagobah is strong with the light side of the force. Luke Skywalker was trained by master Yoda on this planet. After bringing a balance to the force it may be Luke's task to rebuild the Jedi Order and train young force sensitive children to be Jedi knights. Dagobah may be the perfect planet to initiate the young into the new Jedi Order.
Puzzlewood is home to many strange looking rock formations, hidden caves and ancient trees. Perhaps this is how the place got its name. The place has attracted many nature lovers, professional photographers and film makers.
The plot and featured planets of "Star Wars" 7 are still tightly guarded secrets. The movie is slated to be released on Dec 18, 2015 in Australia, Canada, UK and U.S. The movie is one of the most highly anticipated in 2015.
More Articles to Read
Fast and Furious 7 Release Date Changed - Paul Walker's Daughter Posts a Pic on the Beach [Read]
Jurassic World Leaked Photo from the Set Shows a Bloody Hand [Read]
Hobbit 3 Trailer to be Released in October Confirms Producer Peter Jackson [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage