Destiny’s Beta Dates for PS4, Xbox One Plus More Dates Detailed, Xbox One Ghost Edition Revealed
By Gel Galang | July 9, 2014 2:16 PM EST
Fans of "Destiny" who are keeping watch for the beta dates would be happy to know that Bungie has already provided some dates to watch out for.
Gamers play a game by Bungie Inc. at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 10, 2014.
Android L Updates: Port Spotted for Nexus 4, Sony Xperia Themes Enabled with APK, Moto X and G Slated for Upgrade
For those who will be playing on the PS4 and PS3, there are three dates that have been listed over at the PlayStation Blog:
- Beta launch on July 17 (coming firs for PlayStation platforms and players who preordered on the PS Store for the beta access)
- Maintenance: July 21 to 22
- Beta rally: July 26
"Play when you can, but make sure you're present to be counted on July 26th. Not only are we hoping to leave a high watermark for population on that day, we'll also provide a special reward to those of you who make an appearance in the Tower... or in the frontiers beyond its walls," said Bungie over at the PlayStation Blog.
Beyond the beta-related dates, Bungie will also showcase some new features and services that would help you get immersed in the Destiny Beta.
Beta for Xbox Platforms Also Dated
Xbox players are not left out as Activision and Bungie have also announced that the Xbox One and Xbox 360 beta will start on July 23 until 27 for all Xbox Live Gold subscribers who have preordered Destiny.
Microsoft has hinted that there is still a chance to preorder "Destiny" for those who want to jump into the beta activity.
Besides the announcement of the beta dates, the "Destiny" Digital Guardian Edition has also been announced and priced at $89.99. This edition will have exclusive items, such as emblems and ships variants, physical goods including a star chart, postcards and a field guide, and a season pass for two post-launch content coming in, all encased in a limited edition SteelBook case.
The Xbox One Ghost Edition for 'Destiny'--It's Real
Xbox One and Xbox 360 fans who are looking forward to updates about the "Destiny" bundles need not be dismayed at the attention PlayStation fans are getting. The Ghost edition for the tile has finally been confirmed for all four platforms--yes, including the Xbox One and Xbox 360.
DualShockers has spotted the confirmation tweet from Bungie, which says, "The Destiny Ghost Edition is available for all four launch platforms."
The link above has images of the Ghost edition for all four platforms coming out for "Destiny," as well as the limited edition box art.
Microsoft has also detailed what's inside the Xbox One version of the "Destiny" Ghost Edition, starting with the price of $149.99. The pack will include more photos, patches, stickers and a Ghost replica that will have the voice of Peter Dinklage as Ghost and motion-activated lights.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air