Moto G Android 4.4.4 KitKat Spotted in SFR France; Moto X, Moto E Update Schedule Hinted - Reports
By Ryan Inoyori | July 9, 2014 1:59 PM EST
Official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Moto G has been spotted from the French network carrier SFR including the essential change logs. Sources claim that the firmware will soon reach the United States which may be true based on Motorola's Android 4.4.3 blog notes.
Moto G Android 4.4.4 KitKat in France
Recently, Motorola's official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Moto X, Moto G and Moto E rolled out in India which has been confirmed by Motorola India via Tweeter. The tweet also notified users of the three smartphones to expect the firmware arriving in other regions soon.
We've begun rolling out Android, KitKat, 4.4.4 for Moto E, Moto G & Moto X this week in India! Expect an update on your #Moto soon!
— Motorola India (@MotorolaIndia) July 5, 2014
Now, the same firmware has been spotted at the official Web site of the French network carrier SFR with essential details of the change log.
Key Enhancements of the Update:
- Passage to Android 4.4.4 KitKat version
- Bug fixes on the OpenSSL vulnerability (man-in-the-middle attack)
- Added the pause and resume button on the video recording in the camera's viewfinder
- New graphics layout on the phone dialler app
- Integration of Motorola Alert Application
- 2G network icon on SFR as replacement to G or E icons.
In comparison with official change logs from Motorola, Android 4.4.3 KitKat update seems to cover all of the enhancements with the exception of the fix on OpenSSL vulnerability.
Other Network Carriers
Android 4.4.4 KitKat update is gradually rolling out to different regions for Moto X, Moto G and Moto E smartphones. But do you know the current status of your network carrier at this time?
1. Boost Mobile - Android 4.4.2 KitKat available since January 2014
2. Republic Wireless - Android 4.4.2 KitKat
3. Sprint - Android 4.4.2 KitKat
4. U.S. Cellular - Android 4.4.2 KitKat
5. Verizon Wireless - Android 4.4.2 KitKat available since February 2014
6. Others - Android 4.4.3 KitKat available since June 2014
The details above are based from the Software Upgrade inquiry page of Motorola but superseded by latest blog notes from the company about Android 4.4.3 KitKat update.
- Available for Moto X T-Mobile users
- Available to Moto G users who bought online in the U.S. including Moto G 4G-LTE and at retail stores in Brazil.
- Available to Moto E users who bought online in the U.S.
Based on the Motorola's official blog, Android 4.4.4 KitKat may follow the rollout pattern used on Android 4.4.3 - T-Mobile users who bought units in the U.S. and to those who purchased in Brazil.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One News: Windows 10 Hinted For Xbox One; Deals With Gold And Xbox One Counterfeits Detailed
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks