Moto G Android 4.4.4 KitKat Spotted in SFR France; Moto X, Moto E Update Schedule Hinted - Reports
By Ryan Inoyori | July 9, 2014 1:59 PM EST
Official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Moto G has been spotted from the French network carrier SFR including the essential change logs. Sources claim that the firmware will soon reach the United States which may be true based on Motorola's Android 4.4.3 blog notes.
Moto G Android 4.4.4 KitKat in France
Recently, Motorola's official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Moto X, Moto G and Moto E rolled out in India which has been confirmed by Motorola India via Tweeter. The tweet also notified users of the three smartphones to expect the firmware arriving in other regions soon.
We've begun rolling out Android, KitKat, 4.4.4 for Moto E, Moto G & Moto X this week in India! Expect an update on your #Moto soon!
— Motorola India (@MotorolaIndia) July 5, 2014
Now, the same firmware has been spotted at the official Web site of the French network carrier SFR with essential details of the change log.
Key Enhancements of the Update:
- Passage to Android 4.4.4 KitKat version
- Bug fixes on the OpenSSL vulnerability (man-in-the-middle attack)
- Added the pause and resume button on the video recording in the camera's viewfinder
- New graphics layout on the phone dialler app
- Integration of Motorola Alert Application
- 2G network icon on SFR as replacement to G or E icons.
In comparison with official change logs from Motorola, Android 4.4.3 KitKat update seems to cover all of the enhancements with the exception of the fix on OpenSSL vulnerability.
Other Network Carriers
Android 4.4.4 KitKat update is gradually rolling out to different regions for Moto X, Moto G and Moto E smartphones. But do you know the current status of your network carrier at this time?
1. Boost Mobile - Android 4.4.2 KitKat available since January 2014
2. Republic Wireless - Android 4.4.2 KitKat
3. Sprint - Android 4.4.2 KitKat
4. U.S. Cellular - Android 4.4.2 KitKat
5. Verizon Wireless - Android 4.4.2 KitKat available since February 2014
6. Others - Android 4.4.3 KitKat available since June 2014
The details above are based from the Software Upgrade inquiry page of Motorola but superseded by latest blog notes from the company about Android 4.4.3 KitKat update.
- Available for Moto X T-Mobile users
- Available to Moto G users who bought online in the U.S. including Moto G 4G-LTE and at retail stores in Brazil.
- Available to Moto E users who bought online in the U.S.
Based on the Motorola's official blog, Android 4.4.4 KitKat may follow the rollout pattern used on Android 4.4.3 - T-Mobile users who bought units in the U.S. and to those who purchased in Brazil.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- iPhone 5 vs. LG G3 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Xbox One News: Possible 24-Hour Free Games, 5M Approved Units In China And Continuing Resolution Issues
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop