Moto G Android 4.4.4 KitKat Spotted in SFR France; Moto X, Moto E Update Schedule Hinted - Reports
By Ryan Inoyori | July 9, 2014 1:59 PM EST
Official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Moto G has been spotted from the French network carrier SFR including the essential change logs. Sources claim that the firmware will soon reach the United States which may be true based on Motorola's Android 4.4.3 blog notes.
Moto G Android 4.4.4 KitKat in France
Recently, Motorola's official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Moto X, Moto G and Moto E rolled out in India which has been confirmed by Motorola India via Tweeter. The tweet also notified users of the three smartphones to expect the firmware arriving in other regions soon.
We've begun rolling out Android, KitKat, 4.4.4 for Moto E, Moto G & Moto X this week in India! Expect an update on your #Moto soon!
— Motorola India (@MotorolaIndia) July 5, 2014
Now, the same firmware has been spotted at the official Web site of the French network carrier SFR with essential details of the change log.
Key Enhancements of the Update:
- Passage to Android 4.4.4 KitKat version
- Bug fixes on the OpenSSL vulnerability (man-in-the-middle attack)
- Added the pause and resume button on the video recording in the camera's viewfinder
- New graphics layout on the phone dialler app
- Integration of Motorola Alert Application
- 2G network icon on SFR as replacement to G or E icons.
In comparison with official change logs from Motorola, Android 4.4.3 KitKat update seems to cover all of the enhancements with the exception of the fix on OpenSSL vulnerability.
Other Network Carriers
Android 4.4.4 KitKat update is gradually rolling out to different regions for Moto X, Moto G and Moto E smartphones. But do you know the current status of your network carrier at this time?
1. Boost Mobile - Android 4.4.2 KitKat available since January 2014
2. Republic Wireless - Android 4.4.2 KitKat
3. Sprint - Android 4.4.2 KitKat
4. U.S. Cellular - Android 4.4.2 KitKat
5. Verizon Wireless - Android 4.4.2 KitKat available since February 2014
6. Others - Android 4.4.3 KitKat available since June 2014
The details above are based from the Software Upgrade inquiry page of Motorola but superseded by latest blog notes from the company about Android 4.4.3 KitKat update.
- Available for Moto X T-Mobile users
- Available to Moto G users who bought online in the U.S. including Moto G 4G-LTE and at retail stores in Brazil.
- Available to Moto E users who bought online in the U.S.
Based on the Motorola's official blog, Android 4.4.4 KitKat may follow the rollout pattern used on Android 4.4.3 - T-Mobile users who bought units in the U.S. and to those who purchased in Brazil.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best