Moto G Android 4.4.4 KitKat Spotted in SFR France; Moto X, Moto E Update Schedule Hinted - Reports
By Ryan Inoyori | July 9, 2014 1:59 PM EST
Official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Moto G has been spotted from the French network carrier SFR including the essential change logs. Sources claim that the firmware will soon reach the United States which may be true based on Motorola's Android 4.4.3 blog notes.
Moto G Android 4.4.4 KitKat in France
Recently, Motorola's official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Moto X, Moto G and Moto E rolled out in India which has been confirmed by Motorola India via Tweeter. The tweet also notified users of the three smartphones to expect the firmware arriving in other regions soon.
We've begun rolling out Android, KitKat, 4.4.4 for Moto E, Moto G & Moto X this week in India! Expect an update on your #Moto soon!
— Motorola India (@MotorolaIndia) July 5, 2014
Now, the same firmware has been spotted at the official Web site of the French network carrier SFR with essential details of the change log.
Key Enhancements of the Update:
- Passage to Android 4.4.4 KitKat version
- Bug fixes on the OpenSSL vulnerability (man-in-the-middle attack)
- Added the pause and resume button on the video recording in the camera's viewfinder
- New graphics layout on the phone dialler app
- Integration of Motorola Alert Application
- 2G network icon on SFR as replacement to G or E icons.
In comparison with official change logs from Motorola, Android 4.4.3 KitKat update seems to cover all of the enhancements with the exception of the fix on OpenSSL vulnerability.
Other Network Carriers
Android 4.4.4 KitKat update is gradually rolling out to different regions for Moto X, Moto G and Moto E smartphones. But do you know the current status of your network carrier at this time?
1. Boost Mobile - Android 4.4.2 KitKat available since January 2014
2. Republic Wireless - Android 4.4.2 KitKat
3. Sprint - Android 4.4.2 KitKat
4. U.S. Cellular - Android 4.4.2 KitKat
5. Verizon Wireless - Android 4.4.2 KitKat available since February 2014
6. Others - Android 4.4.3 KitKat available since June 2014
The details above are based from the Software Upgrade inquiry page of Motorola but superseded by latest blog notes from the company about Android 4.4.3 KitKat update.
- Available for Moto X T-Mobile users
- Available to Moto G users who bought online in the U.S. including Moto G 4G-LTE and at retail stores in Brazil.
- Available to Moto E users who bought online in the U.S.
Based on the Motorola's official blog, Android 4.4.4 KitKat may follow the rollout pattern used on Android 4.4.3 - T-Mobile users who bought units in the U.S. and to those who purchased in Brazil.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS