The Fault in Our Stars’ Ansel Elgort Addresses Twitter Followers; Talks Love, Cancer and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 9, 2014 1:41 PM EST
Getting his first big screen leading man role in the movie "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFIOS) as a cancer survivor, Ansel Elgort has been continuously gracing the headlines and creating buzz that has now made him gain more than a million of followers on Twitter.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
In a recent interview with the Big Issue magazine, the 20-year-old "TFIOS" star, who co-stars with Shailene Woodley, made his big reveal, addressed his Twitter followers, opened up about people who have cancer and talked about love.
"It can be crazy," Ansel Elgort told the Big Issue in regards to his fans on Twitter. "There are so many tweets it's hard to look at them all."
"The Fault in Our Stars" actor revealed that despite what appears to be a continuous declaration of love from his followers, he wouldn't take credit for it. Elgort revealed to the publication that people love him because they think he is Augustus Waters, the character Elgort played in the movie adaptation of John Green's phenomenal young adult novel "TFIOS."
"If I had never done this role no one would ever be sending me 'I love you I love you I love you'. I'm not going to try and take credit for it," Ansel Elgort explained.
Elgort started on Broadway, made his big screen debut in the supernatural horror film "Carrie" and starred in his second movie "Divergent" as the brother of Shailene Woodley. Elgort and Woodley continued to deepen their relationship as they stepped out of the dystopian world and broke into a new world as cancer-stricken teenagers in Elgort's third movie "The Fault in Our Stars."
In "TFIOS," Elgort's character Augustus Waters or Gus went through cancer at a very young age. Gus survived, met Woodley's character Hazel Grace Lancaster at a support group and both fell in love. Elgort revealed to the publication that the "TFIOS" movie and book "tells the truth" about people with cancer, saying that kids with cancer "proved that they aren't their disease and they're just regular kids."
"It doesn't matter how young you are, you can still have a meaningful and beautiful love," Ansel Elgort revealed to the Big Issue.
Deadline reported late in June that Elgort is set to play Van Cliburn, a worldwide recognised pianist. After Ansel Elgort's breakthrough with his team-up with Shailene Woodley, the young and promising actor sets out to continue conquering the big screens with new roles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys