The Fault in Our Stars’ Ansel Elgort Addresses Twitter Followers; Talks Love, Cancer and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 9, 2014 1:41 PM EST
Getting his first big screen leading man role in the movie "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFIOS) as a cancer survivor, Ansel Elgort has been continuously gracing the headlines and creating buzz that has now made him gain more than a million of followers on Twitter.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
In a recent interview with the Big Issue magazine, the 20-year-old "TFIOS" star, who co-stars with Shailene Woodley, made his big reveal, addressed his Twitter followers, opened up about people who have cancer and talked about love.
"It can be crazy," Ansel Elgort told the Big Issue in regards to his fans on Twitter. "There are so many tweets it's hard to look at them all."
"The Fault in Our Stars" actor revealed that despite what appears to be a continuous declaration of love from his followers, he wouldn't take credit for it. Elgort revealed to the publication that people love him because they think he is Augustus Waters, the character Elgort played in the movie adaptation of John Green's phenomenal young adult novel "TFIOS."
"If I had never done this role no one would ever be sending me 'I love you I love you I love you'. I'm not going to try and take credit for it," Ansel Elgort explained.
Elgort started on Broadway, made his big screen debut in the supernatural horror film "Carrie" and starred in his second movie "Divergent" as the brother of Shailene Woodley. Elgort and Woodley continued to deepen their relationship as they stepped out of the dystopian world and broke into a new world as cancer-stricken teenagers in Elgort's third movie "The Fault in Our Stars."
In "TFIOS," Elgort's character Augustus Waters or Gus went through cancer at a very young age. Gus survived, met Woodley's character Hazel Grace Lancaster at a support group and both fell in love. Elgort revealed to the publication that the "TFIOS" movie and book "tells the truth" about people with cancer, saying that kids with cancer "proved that they aren't their disease and they're just regular kids."
"It doesn't matter how young you are, you can still have a meaningful and beautiful love," Ansel Elgort revealed to the Big Issue.
Deadline reported late in June that Elgort is set to play Van Cliburn, a worldwide recognised pianist. After Ansel Elgort's breakthrough with his team-up with Shailene Woodley, the young and promising actor sets out to continue conquering the big screens with new roles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales