The Fault in Our Stars’ Ansel Elgort Addresses Twitter Followers; Talks Love, Cancer and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 9, 2014 1:41 PM EST
Getting his first big screen leading man role in the movie "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFIOS) as a cancer survivor, Ansel Elgort has been continuously gracing the headlines and creating buzz that has now made him gain more than a million of followers on Twitter.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
In a recent interview with the Big Issue magazine, the 20-year-old "TFIOS" star, who co-stars with Shailene Woodley, made his big reveal, addressed his Twitter followers, opened up about people who have cancer and talked about love.
"It can be crazy," Ansel Elgort told the Big Issue in regards to his fans on Twitter. "There are so many tweets it's hard to look at them all."
"The Fault in Our Stars" actor revealed that despite what appears to be a continuous declaration of love from his followers, he wouldn't take credit for it. Elgort revealed to the publication that people love him because they think he is Augustus Waters, the character Elgort played in the movie adaptation of John Green's phenomenal young adult novel "TFIOS."
"If I had never done this role no one would ever be sending me 'I love you I love you I love you'. I'm not going to try and take credit for it," Ansel Elgort explained.
Elgort started on Broadway, made his big screen debut in the supernatural horror film "Carrie" and starred in his second movie "Divergent" as the brother of Shailene Woodley. Elgort and Woodley continued to deepen their relationship as they stepped out of the dystopian world and broke into a new world as cancer-stricken teenagers in Elgort's third movie "The Fault in Our Stars."
In "TFIOS," Elgort's character Augustus Waters or Gus went through cancer at a very young age. Gus survived, met Woodley's character Hazel Grace Lancaster at a support group and both fell in love. Elgort revealed to the publication that the "TFIOS" movie and book "tells the truth" about people with cancer, saying that kids with cancer "proved that they aren't their disease and they're just regular kids."
"It doesn't matter how young you are, you can still have a meaningful and beautiful love," Ansel Elgort revealed to the Big Issue.
Deadline reported late in June that Elgort is set to play Van Cliburn, a worldwide recognised pianist. After Ansel Elgort's breakthrough with his team-up with Shailene Woodley, the young and promising actor sets out to continue conquering the big screens with new roles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS