The Fault in Our Stars’ Ansel Elgort Addresses Twitter Followers; Talks Love, Cancer and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 9, 2014 1:41 PM EST
Getting his first big screen leading man role in the movie "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFIOS) as a cancer survivor, Ansel Elgort has been continuously gracing the headlines and creating buzz that has now made him gain more than a million of followers on Twitter.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
In a recent interview with the Big Issue magazine, the 20-year-old "TFIOS" star, who co-stars with Shailene Woodley, made his big reveal, addressed his Twitter followers, opened up about people who have cancer and talked about love.
"It can be crazy," Ansel Elgort told the Big Issue in regards to his fans on Twitter. "There are so many tweets it's hard to look at them all."
"The Fault in Our Stars" actor revealed that despite what appears to be a continuous declaration of love from his followers, he wouldn't take credit for it. Elgort revealed to the publication that people love him because they think he is Augustus Waters, the character Elgort played in the movie adaptation of John Green's phenomenal young adult novel "TFIOS."
"If I had never done this role no one would ever be sending me 'I love you I love you I love you'. I'm not going to try and take credit for it," Ansel Elgort explained.
Elgort started on Broadway, made his big screen debut in the supernatural horror film "Carrie" and starred in his second movie "Divergent" as the brother of Shailene Woodley. Elgort and Woodley continued to deepen their relationship as they stepped out of the dystopian world and broke into a new world as cancer-stricken teenagers in Elgort's third movie "The Fault in Our Stars."
In "TFIOS," Elgort's character Augustus Waters or Gus went through cancer at a very young age. Gus survived, met Woodley's character Hazel Grace Lancaster at a support group and both fell in love. Elgort revealed to the publication that the "TFIOS" movie and book "tells the truth" about people with cancer, saying that kids with cancer "proved that they aren't their disease and they're just regular kids."
"It doesn't matter how young you are, you can still have a meaningful and beautiful love," Ansel Elgort revealed to the Big Issue.
Deadline reported late in June that Elgort is set to play Van Cliburn, a worldwide recognised pianist. After Ansel Elgort's breakthrough with his team-up with Shailene Woodley, the young and promising actor sets out to continue conquering the big screens with new roles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop