The Fault in Our Stars’ Ansel Elgort Addresses Twitter Followers; Talks Love, Cancer and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 9, 2014 1:41 PM EST
Getting his first big screen leading man role in the movie "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFIOS) as a cancer survivor, Ansel Elgort has been continuously gracing the headlines and creating buzz that has now made him gain more than a million of followers on Twitter.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
In a recent interview with the Big Issue magazine, the 20-year-old "TFIOS" star, who co-stars with Shailene Woodley, made his big reveal, addressed his Twitter followers, opened up about people who have cancer and talked about love.
"It can be crazy," Ansel Elgort told the Big Issue in regards to his fans on Twitter. "There are so many tweets it's hard to look at them all."
"The Fault in Our Stars" actor revealed that despite what appears to be a continuous declaration of love from his followers, he wouldn't take credit for it. Elgort revealed to the publication that people love him because they think he is Augustus Waters, the character Elgort played in the movie adaptation of John Green's phenomenal young adult novel "TFIOS."
"If I had never done this role no one would ever be sending me 'I love you I love you I love you'. I'm not going to try and take credit for it," Ansel Elgort explained.
Elgort started on Broadway, made his big screen debut in the supernatural horror film "Carrie" and starred in his second movie "Divergent" as the brother of Shailene Woodley. Elgort and Woodley continued to deepen their relationship as they stepped out of the dystopian world and broke into a new world as cancer-stricken teenagers in Elgort's third movie "The Fault in Our Stars."
In "TFIOS," Elgort's character Augustus Waters or Gus went through cancer at a very young age. Gus survived, met Woodley's character Hazel Grace Lancaster at a support group and both fell in love. Elgort revealed to the publication that the "TFIOS" movie and book "tells the truth" about people with cancer, saying that kids with cancer "proved that they aren't their disease and they're just regular kids."
"It doesn't matter how young you are, you can still have a meaningful and beautiful love," Ansel Elgort revealed to the Big Issue.
Deadline reported late in June that Elgort is set to play Van Cliburn, a worldwide recognised pianist. After Ansel Elgort's breakthrough with his team-up with Shailene Woodley, the young and promising actor sets out to continue conquering the big screens with new roles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date