NBA News: LeBron James to Meet with Pat Riley Wednesday
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 9, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Developments on the LeBron James free agency front are beginning to see the light of day with news of a meeting with Heat President Pat Riley schedule to occur this Wednesday. Prior to said sit-down, the two-time NBA champion and best player in the world also conducted talks with Nike representatives on Tuesday.
Miami Heat's (L-R) LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Ray Allen and Chris Andersen wait to enter the game against the San Antonio Spurs during the third quarter in Game 5 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas, June 15, 2014.
The said events come as free agency in the NBA for the major names have come to a stall after several superstars have declared that they are waiting for resolution on the LeBron James camp before they commit to teams. Chris Bosh is pondering a max offer contract from the Houston Rockets in the vicinity of $80 million spread over four years. Carmelo Anthony is also buying some time before signing on the dotted ink with the New York Knicks who are offering a lucrative five year, $125 million extension.
ESPN.com reports that Riley has already flown out to Las Vegas for a face to face meeting with the King to sell him on the appeal of staying longer with the franchise that got him two championships and four straight Finals appearances. LeBron who opted out of the final two years of his Heat contract which would have paid him $42 million is demanding roster changes to improve the team at every key position.
In an effort to appease him, the Heat have signed power forward Josh McRoberts and former all-star Danny Granger which could be the first in a series of moves to improve the Heat lineup. This is the first meeting in which LeBron will be personally participating in and people from the Heat organization that Pat Riley will not come back empty handed after flying out all the way to Vegas.
Reports are ripe that LeBron also met with teammate and close friend Dwayne Wade Tuesday morning. An anonymous source tipped that the two all-stars were working out and dined afterwards in what seems to be a positive sign that LeBron will stay with the team.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia