NBA News: LeBron James to Meet with Pat Riley Wednesday
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 9, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Developments on the LeBron James free agency front are beginning to see the light of day with news of a meeting with Heat President Pat Riley schedule to occur this Wednesday. Prior to said sit-down, the two-time NBA champion and best player in the world also conducted talks with Nike representatives on Tuesday.
Miami Heat's (L-R) LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Ray Allen and Chris Andersen wait to enter the game against the San Antonio Spurs during the third quarter in Game 5 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas, June 15, 2014.
The said events come as free agency in the NBA for the major names have come to a stall after several superstars have declared that they are waiting for resolution on the LeBron James camp before they commit to teams. Chris Bosh is pondering a max offer contract from the Houston Rockets in the vicinity of $80 million spread over four years. Carmelo Anthony is also buying some time before signing on the dotted ink with the New York Knicks who are offering a lucrative five year, $125 million extension.
ESPN.com reports that Riley has already flown out to Las Vegas for a face to face meeting with the King to sell him on the appeal of staying longer with the franchise that got him two championships and four straight Finals appearances. LeBron who opted out of the final two years of his Heat contract which would have paid him $42 million is demanding roster changes to improve the team at every key position.
In an effort to appease him, the Heat have signed power forward Josh McRoberts and former all-star Danny Granger which could be the first in a series of moves to improve the Heat lineup. This is the first meeting in which LeBron will be personally participating in and people from the Heat organization that Pat Riley will not come back empty handed after flying out all the way to Vegas.
Reports are ripe that LeBron also met with teammate and close friend Dwayne Wade Tuesday morning. An anonymous source tipped that the two all-stars were working out and dined afterwards in what seems to be a positive sign that LeBron will stay with the team.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510