NBA News: LeBron James to Meet with Pat Riley Wednesday
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 9, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Developments on the LeBron James free agency front are beginning to see the light of day with news of a meeting with Heat President Pat Riley schedule to occur this Wednesday. Prior to said sit-down, the two-time NBA champion and best player in the world also conducted talks with Nike representatives on Tuesday.
Miami Heat's (L-R) LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Ray Allen and Chris Andersen wait to enter the game against the San Antonio Spurs during the third quarter in Game 5 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas, June 15, 2014.
The said events come as free agency in the NBA for the major names have come to a stall after several superstars have declared that they are waiting for resolution on the LeBron James camp before they commit to teams. Chris Bosh is pondering a max offer contract from the Houston Rockets in the vicinity of $80 million spread over four years. Carmelo Anthony is also buying some time before signing on the dotted ink with the New York Knicks who are offering a lucrative five year, $125 million extension.
ESPN.com reports that Riley has already flown out to Las Vegas for a face to face meeting with the King to sell him on the appeal of staying longer with the franchise that got him two championships and four straight Finals appearances. LeBron who opted out of the final two years of his Heat contract which would have paid him $42 million is demanding roster changes to improve the team at every key position.
In an effort to appease him, the Heat have signed power forward Josh McRoberts and former all-star Danny Granger which could be the first in a series of moves to improve the Heat lineup. This is the first meeting in which LeBron will be personally participating in and people from the Heat organization that Pat Riley will not come back empty handed after flying out all the way to Vegas.
Reports are ripe that LeBron also met with teammate and close friend Dwayne Wade Tuesday morning. An anonymous source tipped that the two all-stars were working out and dined afterwards in what seems to be a positive sign that LeBron will stay with the team.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air