NBA News: LeBron James to Meet with Pat Riley Wednesday
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 9, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Developments on the LeBron James free agency front are beginning to see the light of day with news of a meeting with Heat President Pat Riley schedule to occur this Wednesday. Prior to said sit-down, the two-time NBA champion and best player in the world also conducted talks with Nike representatives on Tuesday.
Miami Heat's (L-R) LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Ray Allen and Chris Andersen wait to enter the game against the San Antonio Spurs during the third quarter in Game 5 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas, June 15, 2014.
The said events come as free agency in the NBA for the major names have come to a stall after several superstars have declared that they are waiting for resolution on the LeBron James camp before they commit to teams. Chris Bosh is pondering a max offer contract from the Houston Rockets in the vicinity of $80 million spread over four years. Carmelo Anthony is also buying some time before signing on the dotted ink with the New York Knicks who are offering a lucrative five year, $125 million extension.
ESPN.com reports that Riley has already flown out to Las Vegas for a face to face meeting with the King to sell him on the appeal of staying longer with the franchise that got him two championships and four straight Finals appearances. LeBron who opted out of the final two years of his Heat contract which would have paid him $42 million is demanding roster changes to improve the team at every key position.
In an effort to appease him, the Heat have signed power forward Josh McRoberts and former all-star Danny Granger which could be the first in a series of moves to improve the Heat lineup. This is the first meeting in which LeBron will be personally participating in and people from the Heat organization that Pat Riley will not come back empty handed after flying out all the way to Vegas.
Reports are ripe that LeBron also met with teammate and close friend Dwayne Wade Tuesday morning. An anonymous source tipped that the two all-stars were working out and dined afterwards in what seems to be a positive sign that LeBron will stay with the team.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation