Criminal Minds Season 10 Updates: Jennifer Love Hewitt Joins to Replace Alex Blake as Shooting Begins
By Gel Galang | July 9, 2014 1:30 PM EST
After an explosive two-part finale and a quiet goodbye of one of the season regulars, "Criminal Minds" season 10 has now taken a few more steps leading to its return to TV come fall of this year.
As expected, when one main stay says goodbye, it's not unlikely for the show to have a new face in order to fill in the gap. And the new face that will solve crimes and chase after unsubs for "Criminal Minds" season 10 is Jennifer Love Hewitt.
Buddy TV reports Alex Blake (portrayed by Jeanne Tripplehorn) will now be replaced by the singer-actress, whose role will be a main stay. CBS has already confirmed Love Hewitt will be a regular in the series.
Hewitt will play the role of Kate Callahan, who already has a few years under her name as an undercover agent. It is because of this experience that she is able to join the Behavioral Analysis Unit.
"We're thrilled to introduce a new special agent by adding the very talented Jennifer Love Hewitt to our amazing cast," said show runner Erica Messer in a statement quoted by Buddy TV.
"Many of us on the show have enjoyed working with her over the years and look forward to again. We have exciting storylines planned for her character and the entire BAU team as we head into our 10th season."
Hewitt is not a newbie when it comes to TV series, as she has already been in other shows like "Ghost Whisperer," "The Client" and "Party of Five." She has also been in movies including "I Know What You Did Last Summer," "The Tuxedo" and "Garfield."
The set of "Criminal Minds" is ready for the Season 10 shoot, as the Criminal Minds Buzz Feed is already starting on its official first day of shooting for "Criminal Minds" season 10.
One tweet from Hanna Mourad, who runs the food services for the "Criminal Minds" cast and crew, is also excited for the 10th season.
What to cook! What to cook!? First shooting day on criminal minds. Can't wait probably a 2.0 am wake up call but life is good. See yaa.
— Hanna mourad (@hhannamourad) July 7, 2014
More Updates for the Cast of 'Criminal Minds' Season 10
That's not the only update on the characters, as VC Post reports that the BAU resident doctor and geek, Spencer Reid (played by Matthew Gray Gubler) may go back to Dilaudid, the drug he had abused previously in Season 2.
And Blake fans who have been saddened by her departure may also light up at Messer's throwaway statement:
"I really want to get Jane back again. This will be interesting to see how we pull that off and if it's right away."
This is in relation to Tripplehorn's role in "Glee," where she will be spending some time in the coming months.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen