Criminal Minds Season 10 Updates: Jennifer Love Hewitt Joins to Replace Alex Blake as Shooting Begins
By Gel Galang | July 9, 2014 1:30 PM EST
After an explosive two-part finale and a quiet goodbye of one of the season regulars, "Criminal Minds" season 10 has now taken a few more steps leading to its return to TV come fall of this year.
As expected, when one main stay says goodbye, it's not unlikely for the show to have a new face in order to fill in the gap. And the new face that will solve crimes and chase after unsubs for "Criminal Minds" season 10 is Jennifer Love Hewitt.
Buddy TV reports Alex Blake (portrayed by Jeanne Tripplehorn) will now be replaced by the singer-actress, whose role will be a main stay. CBS has already confirmed Love Hewitt will be a regular in the series.
Hewitt will play the role of Kate Callahan, who already has a few years under her name as an undercover agent. It is because of this experience that she is able to join the Behavioral Analysis Unit.
"We're thrilled to introduce a new special agent by adding the very talented Jennifer Love Hewitt to our amazing cast," said show runner Erica Messer in a statement quoted by Buddy TV.
"Many of us on the show have enjoyed working with her over the years and look forward to again. We have exciting storylines planned for her character and the entire BAU team as we head into our 10th season."
Hewitt is not a newbie when it comes to TV series, as she has already been in other shows like "Ghost Whisperer," "The Client" and "Party of Five." She has also been in movies including "I Know What You Did Last Summer," "The Tuxedo" and "Garfield."
The set of "Criminal Minds" is ready for the Season 10 shoot, as the Criminal Minds Buzz Feed is already starting on its official first day of shooting for "Criminal Minds" season 10.
One tweet from Hanna Mourad, who runs the food services for the "Criminal Minds" cast and crew, is also excited for the 10th season.
What to cook! What to cook!? First shooting day on criminal minds. Can't wait probably a 2.0 am wake up call but life is good. See yaa.
— Hanna mourad (@hhannamourad) July 7, 2014
More Updates for the Cast of 'Criminal Minds' Season 10
That's not the only update on the characters, as VC Post reports that the BAU resident doctor and geek, Spencer Reid (played by Matthew Gray Gubler) may go back to Dilaudid, the drug he had abused previously in Season 2.
And Blake fans who have been saddened by her departure may also light up at Messer's throwaway statement:
"I really want to get Jane back again. This will be interesting to see how we pull that off and if it's right away."
This is in relation to Tripplehorn's role in "Glee," where she will be spending some time in the coming months.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’