Nokia XL vs. Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 9, 2014 1:19 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Nokia XL or the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung. REUTERS/Lee Jae-Won
Display and Design
The Nokia XL comes with a 5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 480 x 800 pixels resolution. The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a 5.25-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The Grand 2 is the clear winner in this category with 280 ppi pixel display density compared to the 187 ppi pixels display density on the Nokia XL.
The Nokia XL comes with 141.4 x 77.7 x 10.9 mm dimensions and weighs 190 grams. The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with 146.8 x 75.3 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 163 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Nokia XL is equipped with a 1 GHz dual core cortex A5 processor and Qualcomm MSM8225 Snapdragon S4 Play chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8225 Snapdragon S4 Play chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia XL runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 768 MB of RAM. The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 also runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 1.5 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the Grand 2 is again the clear winner.
The Nokia XL sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP.
The Nokia XL comes with a Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 13 hours on 3G. The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Nokia XL Dual SIM is priced at around AU $209.95 and the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos is priced at around AU $339.95 in Australia.
Nokia XL vs. Motorola Moto E Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
LG L90 vs. LG G2 Mini Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles