Guardians of the Galaxy Premieres Extended Trailer [Watch Video]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 9, 2014 1:04 PM EST
Marvel Studios and Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures premiered an extended trailer to promote the movie "Guardians of the Galaxy" three weeks before its scheduled release date.
In just a matter of two days, the 2.28-minute long extended trailer already generated over 270,000 views which suggested that the space epic could possibly be a huge hit when it reaches the cinemas.
The extended trailer featured an action-packed video from a group of unlikely superheroes who are composed of misfits, outcasts, and thieves. The superheroes branded as "a team so good it's criminal" joined forces to save the universe. There are plenty of one-liners in the clip as it unfolds to the retro soundtrack of "Cherry Bomb" from The Runaway.
In the trailer, Zoe Saldana who played the role of enigmatic green Gamora asked: "Why do you risk your life for this?" "Because right now, life's giving us a chance to do something good, something bad, better both," came the reply from Christ Pratt who played the role of Peter Quill a.k.a. Star-Lord.
Adapted from the Guardians of the Galaxy comic book, the extended trailer suggested a comedy and light-hearted approach in the actual film. The film was set in the same universe as Avengers which was also a lucrative Marvel franchise.
Rounding up the cast in "Guardians of the Galaxy" are Dave Bautista who played the role as the formidable Drax the Destroyer, Lee Pace who played the role as Ronan the Accuser, and Bradley Cooper who voiced the gun-toting Rocket Raccoon. Also starring in the film are Karen Gillan (as Nebulla), Vin Diesel (as voice for Groot), Michael Rooker (as Yondu), Benecio del Toro (as collector), Glenn Close ( as Nova-Prime), and Josh Brolin (as voice for Thanos).
Movie ticketing company Fandango placed a new spot in its Web site for the "Guardians of the Galaxy" so that fans can have a full look at everything in upcoming movie. The Web site features 19 video clips that fans can watch while waiting for the film's release date.
"Guardians of the Galaxy" is directed by James Gunn and produced by Kevin Feige. It is scheduled for release in cinemas on Aug. 1, 2014.
Watch the extended trailer of "Guardians of the Galaxy" from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight