Guardians of the Galaxy Premieres Extended Trailer [Watch Video]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 9, 2014 1:04 PM EST
Marvel Studios and Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures premiered an extended trailer to promote the movie "Guardians of the Galaxy" three weeks before its scheduled release date.
In just a matter of two days, the 2.28-minute long extended trailer already generated over 270,000 views which suggested that the space epic could possibly be a huge hit when it reaches the cinemas.
The extended trailer featured an action-packed video from a group of unlikely superheroes who are composed of misfits, outcasts, and thieves. The superheroes branded as "a team so good it's criminal" joined forces to save the universe. There are plenty of one-liners in the clip as it unfolds to the retro soundtrack of "Cherry Bomb" from The Runaway.
In the trailer, Zoe Saldana who played the role of enigmatic green Gamora asked: "Why do you risk your life for this?" "Because right now, life's giving us a chance to do something good, something bad, better both," came the reply from Christ Pratt who played the role of Peter Quill a.k.a. Star-Lord.
Adapted from the Guardians of the Galaxy comic book, the extended trailer suggested a comedy and light-hearted approach in the actual film. The film was set in the same universe as Avengers which was also a lucrative Marvel franchise.
Rounding up the cast in "Guardians of the Galaxy" are Dave Bautista who played the role as the formidable Drax the Destroyer, Lee Pace who played the role as Ronan the Accuser, and Bradley Cooper who voiced the gun-toting Rocket Raccoon. Also starring in the film are Karen Gillan (as Nebulla), Vin Diesel (as voice for Groot), Michael Rooker (as Yondu), Benecio del Toro (as collector), Glenn Close ( as Nova-Prime), and Josh Brolin (as voice for Thanos).
Movie ticketing company Fandango placed a new spot in its Web site for the "Guardians of the Galaxy" so that fans can have a full look at everything in upcoming movie. The Web site features 19 video clips that fans can watch while waiting for the film's release date.
"Guardians of the Galaxy" is directed by James Gunn and produced by Kevin Feige. It is scheduled for release in cinemas on Aug. 1, 2014.
Watch the extended trailer of "Guardians of the Galaxy" from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?