Tornado Drops on Canadian Wedding Photo Shoot, Helps Create Stunning Portraits
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | July 9, 2014 12:39 PM EST
What turned out to be the usual fanfare for a wedding photo shoot became monumentally worth remembering when a tornado zoomed and dropped down in the center enough for a Canadian photographer to capture it and put it side by side with a happy newly-wed.
A tornado touches down near Pilger, Nebraska June 16, 2014. REUTERS/Dustin Wilcox/TwisterChasers
Professional photographer Colleen Niska of Saskatchewan, Canada was aiming for perfect and happy shots of the newly-wed when they chanced upon the tornado.
Environment Canada told CTV News two tornadoes had touched down near Outlook, an hour away from the shoot.
Both photographer and the couple hoped to create that magic they hoped their wedding photo would elicit to its viewers. The tornado gave them more than magic, it was truly unique and captivating.
Albeit finding the pictures beautiful, Mike McDonald, Environment Canada spokesman, nonetheless felt spooked of the three involved in the photo shoot.
"It concerns us a lot," he told Chronicle Herald. "These tornadoes can be very erratic in their motion and I know with social media people want to get out there, take pictures of it (because) it is a spectacular sight to see."
"If you're close to tornadoes, these things can move in opposite directions in a short period of time and if you have nowhere to get to, it can be very dangerous, not just the actual tornado, it is the debris spun around."
Albeit windy conditions blew over a tent at the outdoor reception of the unidentified newly-weds, the funnel cloud did not interfere with the wedding festivities.
Niska's breathtaking photos has had more than 17,000 shares and had been liked by close to 26,000 people.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- Auckland Gay Men Warned of Having Sex in Bushes of Public Park
- Julie Bishop to Attend UN Climate Summit; Australia Pressured to Announce 'Bolder' Target
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect