Tornado Drops on Canadian Wedding Photo Shoot, Helps Create Stunning Portraits
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | July 9, 2014 12:39 PM EST
What turned out to be the usual fanfare for a wedding photo shoot became monumentally worth remembering when a tornado zoomed and dropped down in the center enough for a Canadian photographer to capture it and put it side by side with a happy newly-wed.
A tornado touches down near Pilger, Nebraska June 16, 2014. REUTERS/Dustin Wilcox/TwisterChasers
Professional photographer Colleen Niska of Saskatchewan, Canada was aiming for perfect and happy shots of the newly-wed when they chanced upon the tornado.
Environment Canada told CTV News two tornadoes had touched down near Outlook, an hour away from the shoot.
Both photographer and the couple hoped to create that magic they hoped their wedding photo would elicit to its viewers. The tornado gave them more than magic, it was truly unique and captivating.
Albeit finding the pictures beautiful, Mike McDonald, Environment Canada spokesman, nonetheless felt spooked of the three involved in the photo shoot.
"It concerns us a lot," he told Chronicle Herald. "These tornadoes can be very erratic in their motion and I know with social media people want to get out there, take pictures of it (because) it is a spectacular sight to see."
"If you're close to tornadoes, these things can move in opposite directions in a short period of time and if you have nowhere to get to, it can be very dangerous, not just the actual tornado, it is the debris spun around."
Albeit windy conditions blew over a tent at the outdoor reception of the unidentified newly-weds, the funnel cloud did not interfere with the wedding festivities.
Niska's breathtaking photos has had more than 17,000 shares and had been liked by close to 26,000 people.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- Gunman Killed In Brisbane Shoot-out On Live TV
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate