Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) vs. Nokia Lumia 930 – Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 9, 2014 12:36 PM EST
Samsung has been releasing device-after-device this year with Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy K Zoom, Galaxy Tab S and Galaxy S5 Mini leading the way. The handset in focus, the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) release date is slated for fall 2014, along with the much-awaited phablet Galaxy Note 4. Nokia Lumia 930, meanwhile, has recently been released in many countries across the globe.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
iPhone 6 on Release Date Will Provide Only Marginal Battery Improvement; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 to Use Sapphire Crystal
Windows Phone 8.1 New Build Spotted in Benchmark Testing; Lumia Cyan Update With WP 8.1 Rollout Commences
Both the phones pack amazing features, and impressive hardware/software performances. Readers who are interested in the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime or the latest Nokia Lumia 930 should check out this specification and price comparison.
Display and Exterior
The Galaxy S5 Prime features a 5.1 inches Super AMOLED display, whereas the Nokia Lumia 930 features a 5.0 inches AMOLED display. The Lumia 930 comes with 1,080 x 1,920 pixels screen resolution and 441 ppi pixel density, while the Galaxy S5 Prime bundles a phenomenal screen resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 pixels and 576 ppi pixel strength.
When it comes to exterior, the Galaxy S5 Prime will reportedly come with a brushed metal finish, but the perforated (dotted) rear design is maintained similar to the Galaxy S5. The Nokia Lumia 930, meanwhile, stands out with bright and vivid colours that Nokia handsets are known for. Also, the back panel of the handset is made of polycarbonate material that bends around to touch the front side of the phone.
The thickness and the weight of Lumia 930 are 0.39 inches and 167 g respectively. However, there is no information available on the specs of Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) at this point.
Under the Hood
The Lumia 930 is powered by a solid quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 800) Krait 400 processor, clocked at 2.2 GHz. The Galaxy S5 Prime, on the other hand, will be powered by a superior quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 805) Krait 450 processor, clocked at 2.7 GHz. Moreover, the Galaxy S5 Prime houses 3 GB of RAM, while the Lumia 930 comes with only 2 GB of RAM.
The Galaxy S5 Prime will run on Android 4.4.4 KitKat along with TouchWiz UI, while Nokia Lumia 930 runs on the latest Windows Phone 8.1 OS. Also, the Nokia device comes equipped with 32 GB of internal storage, whereas the Samsung device will come with 16 GB and 32 GB of storage. While the Samsung handset supports microSD card for expansion up to 128 GB, the Nokia handset doesn't.
Camera and Battery
The Galaxy S5 Prime is expected to sport 16 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash and a 2 MP front-facing camera unit. The Lumia 930, meanwhile, comes with a whopping 20 MP PureView primary camera with dual LED flash and a 1.2 MP secondary camera unit. Hence, Nokia Lumia 930 is a clear winner in the camera specifications category.
While the Lumia 930 houses a non-removable 2420 mAh battery unit, battery specification pertaining to Galaxy S5 Prime is not available at this point.
1. Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime will house fingerprint scanner, heart rate monitor and dust/water proof exteriors.
2. The Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) was recently spotted on the FCC's listings, with model numbers SM-G906S, SM-G906K and SM-G906L certified for NFC, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, according to Hallels. Similar to Galaxy S5 Prime, the Lumia 930 also supports NFC, and the other standard connectivity features.
3. Also, the Samsung handset supports micro-sim, whereas the Nokia handset supports nano-sim.
4. Moreover, the Lumia handset comes with a built-in wireless charging capability, while the Samsung handset doesn't.
Price and Release Date
When it comes to price range, the Galaxy S5 Prime will reportedly cost US$100 more than the 2014 flagship Galaxy S5 smartphone, says Hallels. Notably, the original Galaxy S5 4G LTE (16 GB) model is priced at AU$679.95 in Australia. Therefore the Galaxy S5 Prime would be costing just under AU$800. As mentioned earlier, the Galaxy S5 Prime release date is expected in fall 2014. The Nokia Lumia 930, on the other hand, is priced at AU$699.95 in Australia.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S (8.4-Inches) vs. Nexus 8 (8.9-Inches) - Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
Nexus 6 vs. LG G3 - Early Specifications, Features and Price Comparison
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced