Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Bugs and Solutions for Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10
By Ryan Inoyori | July 9, 2014 12:27 PM EST
Android 4.4.4 KitKat is now downloadable for Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 and in case if you haven't done it so, know what bugs that have been plaguing users worldwide and the useful tips on how to counter them based on user reviews.
Email Account Syncing
Syncing of the email accounts using the default application may suffer connection issues especially on the case of Corporate Exchange Server. A report from Google's product forum noted that the issue occurred on Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
One solution for the Corporate Exchange would be contacting the IT department of a user's corporate office to resolve the syncing problem. Based on the replies from other users, Android support team is currently working on it.
Several users who upgraded their Nexus devices to Android 4.4.4 KitKat complained about battery issues including drastic battery drain, shorter battery life and even lack of power conservation while Airplane Mode is active.
1. Airplane Mode seems not helping on conserving power while active.
2. Wi-Fi connectivity still consumes power even Airplane Mode is active.
3. Shorter battery lifespan compared to Android 4.4.3 KitKat.
No Mobile Data
Another issue reported is the "no mobile data" connection on Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.4 KitKat. However, the dispute may have been related to APN settings stored on the smartphone. Apparently, the user who did upgrade the device to the new firmware seems to suffer no issues with mobile data before based on the details.
If anyone else suffers an issue with mobile data, contact the network provider immediately to determine if the values of the APN Settings are intact after updating to Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
One user reported the "random reboots" on Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.3 and Android 4.4.4 KitKat. According the user's details, the smartphone was working properly prior to the mentioned firmware upgrades. Other users suggested rebooting the device into Safe Mode to determine if any third-party apps are causing the issue.
Alternatively, performing a factory reset via Recovery Mode may solve the issue after creating a backup of all personal files and settings.
Some users have noticed the apparent unusual increase of temperature when charging Nexus 4 after updating to Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Details of the complaints revealed that the device goes hot even if no heavy tasks are running and placed in a cool area while charging. There is no exact explanation and troubleshooting for their claims at this time.
Other Bugs Reported by Users
Apart from those listed above, more reports have been posted on Google's Product Forum regarding Android 4.4.4 KitKat update on Nexus devices:
1. Slow booting time than the former firmware version
2. Auto-rotation issues
3. Slow video streaming
4. Network service drops during calls
5. Lower speaker volume
Some users have managed to resolve the issues after updating to Android 4.4.4 KitKat which may help various bugs.
1. Rebooting to Safe Mode to find out which third-party apps are causing issues.
2. Performing a Factory Reset after an upgrade via Settings menu or in Recovery Mode.
3. Wiping out data cache partition will also help on resolving other problems.
4. Utilising the built-in battery saving options under Wi-Fi and Location Services to improve battery life.
5. Recalibration of the battery after a major firmware update might improve battery life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘GTA V’ Zombies DLC Cheat Code Proves Character Change For Players---Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Gets Spotted In The Samsung Website, Unpacked Teaser and A Blocky Case
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How