Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Bugs and Solutions for Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10
By Ryan Inoyori | July 9, 2014 12:27 PM EST
Android 4.4.4 KitKat is now downloadable for Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 and in case if you haven't done it so, know what bugs that have been plaguing users worldwide and the useful tips on how to counter them based on user reviews.
Email Account Syncing
Syncing of the email accounts using the default application may suffer connection issues especially on the case of Corporate Exchange Server. A report from Google's product forum noted that the issue occurred on Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
One solution for the Corporate Exchange would be contacting the IT department of a user's corporate office to resolve the syncing problem. Based on the replies from other users, Android support team is currently working on it.
Several users who upgraded their Nexus devices to Android 4.4.4 KitKat complained about battery issues including drastic battery drain, shorter battery life and even lack of power conservation while Airplane Mode is active.
1. Airplane Mode seems not helping on conserving power while active.
2. Wi-Fi connectivity still consumes power even Airplane Mode is active.
3. Shorter battery lifespan compared to Android 4.4.3 KitKat.
No Mobile Data
Another issue reported is the "no mobile data" connection on Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.4 KitKat. However, the dispute may have been related to APN settings stored on the smartphone. Apparently, the user who did upgrade the device to the new firmware seems to suffer no issues with mobile data before based on the details.
If anyone else suffers an issue with mobile data, contact the network provider immediately to determine if the values of the APN Settings are intact after updating to Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
One user reported the "random reboots" on Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.3 and Android 4.4.4 KitKat. According the user's details, the smartphone was working properly prior to the mentioned firmware upgrades. Other users suggested rebooting the device into Safe Mode to determine if any third-party apps are causing the issue.
Alternatively, performing a factory reset via Recovery Mode may solve the issue after creating a backup of all personal files and settings.
Some users have noticed the apparent unusual increase of temperature when charging Nexus 4 after updating to Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Details of the complaints revealed that the device goes hot even if no heavy tasks are running and placed in a cool area while charging. There is no exact explanation and troubleshooting for their claims at this time.
Other Bugs Reported by Users
Apart from those listed above, more reports have been posted on Google's Product Forum regarding Android 4.4.4 KitKat update on Nexus devices:
1. Slow booting time than the former firmware version
2. Auto-rotation issues
3. Slow video streaming
4. Network service drops during calls
5. Lower speaker volume
Some users have managed to resolve the issues after updating to Android 4.4.4 KitKat which may help various bugs.
1. Rebooting to Safe Mode to find out which third-party apps are causing issues.
2. Performing a Factory Reset after an upgrade via Settings menu or in Recovery Mode.
3. Wiping out data cache partition will also help on resolving other problems.
4. Utilising the built-in battery saving options under Wi-Fi and Location Services to improve battery life.
5. Recalibration of the battery after a major firmware update might improve battery life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories