Novak Djokovic Wedding Guest List Revealed, Andy Murray Said to be the Best Man
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 9, 2014 12:13 PM EST
After claiming her second Wimbledon title, Novak Djokovic is now looking forward to yet another euphoric period in his life. The Serbian athlete, who also reclaimed that top spot in the world rankings from rival Rafael Nadal following his victory at SW19, is set to marry her long-time pregnant fiancée Jelena Ristic.
Novak Djokovic of Serbia celebrates after defeating Roger Federer of Switzerland in their men's singles finals tennis match on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London July 6, 2014.
Only three days after the Wimbledon finals, Djokovic is reportedly to wed Ristic, according to reports. The matrimonial event will be held at the Aman Sveti Stefan which is situated in Montenegro.
Serbia news outlet Blic Online reported that Djokovic's wedding guest include Viktor Troicki, Janko Tipsarevic, Ana Ivanovic, Jelena Jankovic, Nenad Zimonjic, Andy Murray, and Maria Sharapova. Murray has been believed to be Djokovic's best man.
Everything is reportedly ready for the two-day wedding event. The event starts on July 9 at Kraljevoj Plazi, followed by the civil wedding on July 10 at Svetom Stefan, Blic Online further reported. Djokovic and Ristic have already arrived via private plane in Tivat, around the same time that their families arrived through a regular flight.
In June, it has been reported that the Serbian media will be banned to take and publish photos from the said matrimonial event. Inserbia.info reported that the rights to the wedding photos have been sold for a hefty amount of money which will go to charity. "Exclusive rights to the wedding will cost colleagues from the world several thousand euros, which will go to the charity," wrote the Web site.
Even hotel employees were asked to sign waivers and confidentiality agreements that inhibit them from taking pictures during the wedding and posting them on social media, because if they do so, they will pay a huge fine.
Djokovic and Ristic have been together for eight years now. The duo announced their engagement in 2013 through the popular social networking Web site Twitter. Ristic, who works as the director of Djokovic's foundation, was recently spotted sporting a very noticeable baby bump during the Wimbledon Champions' dinner.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them
- Top 5 NBA Teams With The Highest Payroll In The 2014-2015 Season
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym