Novak Djokovic Wedding Guest List Revealed, Andy Murray Said to be the Best Man
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 9, 2014 12:13 PM EST
After claiming her second Wimbledon title, Novak Djokovic is now looking forward to yet another euphoric period in his life. The Serbian athlete, who also reclaimed that top spot in the world rankings from rival Rafael Nadal following his victory at SW19, is set to marry her long-time pregnant fiancée Jelena Ristic.
Novak Djokovic of Serbia celebrates after defeating Roger Federer of Switzerland in their men's singles finals tennis match on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London July 6, 2014.
Only three days after the Wimbledon finals, Djokovic is reportedly to wed Ristic, according to reports. The matrimonial event will be held at the Aman Sveti Stefan which is situated in Montenegro.
Serbia news outlet Blic Online reported that Djokovic's wedding guest include Viktor Troicki, Janko Tipsarevic, Ana Ivanovic, Jelena Jankovic, Nenad Zimonjic, Andy Murray, and Maria Sharapova. Murray has been believed to be Djokovic's best man.
Everything is reportedly ready for the two-day wedding event. The event starts on July 9 at Kraljevoj Plazi, followed by the civil wedding on July 10 at Svetom Stefan, Blic Online further reported. Djokovic and Ristic have already arrived via private plane in Tivat, around the same time that their families arrived through a regular flight.
In June, it has been reported that the Serbian media will be banned to take and publish photos from the said matrimonial event. Inserbia.info reported that the rights to the wedding photos have been sold for a hefty amount of money which will go to charity. "Exclusive rights to the wedding will cost colleagues from the world several thousand euros, which will go to the charity," wrote the Web site.
Even hotel employees were asked to sign waivers and confidentiality agreements that inhibit them from taking pictures during the wedding and posting them on social media, because if they do so, they will pay a huge fine.
Djokovic and Ristic have been together for eight years now. The duo announced their engagement in 2013 through the popular social networking Web site Twitter. Ristic, who works as the director of Djokovic's foundation, was recently spotted sporting a very noticeable baby bump during the Wimbledon Champions' dinner.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Door Is Open For Brock Lesnar To Make UFC Return -- Dana White
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports