Novak Djokovic Wedding Guest List Revealed, Andy Murray Said to be the Best Man
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 9, 2014 12:13 PM EST
After claiming her second Wimbledon title, Novak Djokovic is now looking forward to yet another euphoric period in his life. The Serbian athlete, who also reclaimed that top spot in the world rankings from rival Rafael Nadal following his victory at SW19, is set to marry her long-time pregnant fiancée Jelena Ristic.
Novak Djokovic of Serbia celebrates after defeating Roger Federer of Switzerland in their men's singles finals tennis match on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London July 6, 2014.
Only three days after the Wimbledon finals, Djokovic is reportedly to wed Ristic, according to reports. The matrimonial event will be held at the Aman Sveti Stefan which is situated in Montenegro.
Serbia news outlet Blic Online reported that Djokovic's wedding guest include Viktor Troicki, Janko Tipsarevic, Ana Ivanovic, Jelena Jankovic, Nenad Zimonjic, Andy Murray, and Maria Sharapova. Murray has been believed to be Djokovic's best man.
Everything is reportedly ready for the two-day wedding event. The event starts on July 9 at Kraljevoj Plazi, followed by the civil wedding on July 10 at Svetom Stefan, Blic Online further reported. Djokovic and Ristic have already arrived via private plane in Tivat, around the same time that their families arrived through a regular flight.
In June, it has been reported that the Serbian media will be banned to take and publish photos from the said matrimonial event. Inserbia.info reported that the rights to the wedding photos have been sold for a hefty amount of money which will go to charity. "Exclusive rights to the wedding will cost colleagues from the world several thousand euros, which will go to the charity," wrote the Web site.
Even hotel employees were asked to sign waivers and confidentiality agreements that inhibit them from taking pictures during the wedding and posting them on social media, because if they do so, they will pay a huge fine.
Djokovic and Ristic have been together for eight years now. The duo announced their engagement in 2013 through the popular social networking Web site Twitter. Ristic, who works as the director of Djokovic's foundation, was recently spotted sporting a very noticeable baby bump during the Wimbledon Champions' dinner.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage