Novak Djokovic Wedding Guest List Revealed, Andy Murray Said to be the Best Man
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 9, 2014 12:13 PM EST
After claiming her second Wimbledon title, Novak Djokovic is now looking forward to yet another euphoric period in his life. The Serbian athlete, who also reclaimed that top spot in the world rankings from rival Rafael Nadal following his victory at SW19, is set to marry her long-time pregnant fiancée Jelena Ristic.
Novak Djokovic of Serbia celebrates after defeating Roger Federer of Switzerland in their men's singles finals tennis match on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London July 6, 2014.
Only three days after the Wimbledon finals, Djokovic is reportedly to wed Ristic, according to reports. The matrimonial event will be held at the Aman Sveti Stefan which is situated in Montenegro.
Serbia news outlet Blic Online reported that Djokovic's wedding guest include Viktor Troicki, Janko Tipsarevic, Ana Ivanovic, Jelena Jankovic, Nenad Zimonjic, Andy Murray, and Maria Sharapova. Murray has been believed to be Djokovic's best man.
Everything is reportedly ready for the two-day wedding event. The event starts on July 9 at Kraljevoj Plazi, followed by the civil wedding on July 10 at Svetom Stefan, Blic Online further reported. Djokovic and Ristic have already arrived via private plane in Tivat, around the same time that their families arrived through a regular flight.
In June, it has been reported that the Serbian media will be banned to take and publish photos from the said matrimonial event. Inserbia.info reported that the rights to the wedding photos have been sold for a hefty amount of money which will go to charity. "Exclusive rights to the wedding will cost colleagues from the world several thousand euros, which will go to the charity," wrote the Web site.
Even hotel employees were asked to sign waivers and confidentiality agreements that inhibit them from taking pictures during the wedding and posting them on social media, because if they do so, they will pay a huge fine.
Djokovic and Ristic have been together for eight years now. The duo announced their engagement in 2013 through the popular social networking Web site Twitter. Ristic, who works as the director of Djokovic's foundation, was recently spotted sporting a very noticeable baby bump during the Wimbledon Champions' dinner.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?