Prince George Was a ‘Permanently Hungry’ Baby: The Future King’s First Year Report
By Anne Lu | July 9, 2014 11:33 AM EST
Prince George was a permanently hungry baby. Reports claim that the adorable future king was quite a handful in his first months, worrying his parents Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Britain's Prince William carries her son Prince George while looking at an Australian animal called a Bilby, which has been named after the young prince, during a visit to Sydney's Taronga Zoo April 20, 2014. The Prince and his wife Catherine are undertaking a 19-day official visit to New Zealand and Australia with their son George. REUTERS/Chris Jackson/Pool
Palace insiders revealed to Vanity Fair that the Duchess of Cambridge wasn’t sure that her son would be ready to face the public because he was a bit uncontrollable in his first few months.
“Kate expressed relief that George behaved well during his first few public appearances,” the magazine reads.
Contributor Katie Nicholl added that the young prince “cried loudly and frequently, and he was not sleeping through the night” as a newborn.
“Nanny Jessie Webb tried hard to get him into a routine, but the baby prince, who was still breastfeeding, was permanently hungry. Nicholl reveals that it was only in the new year, when Katie introduced solids, that George finally slept through the night.”
The royal family’s trip to Australia and New Zealand worried William as well, but the idea of just leaving George behind never crossed their minds.
“William privately admitted to being nervous about the long-haul flight, tropical climate, and intense media interest, but there was no suggestion of leaving George behind.
“The Queen gave the Cambridges her blessing for them to fly together, even though this was breach of protocol because direct heirs do not usually travel together.”
A senior aide on the trip with the family revealed, “George didn’t really suffer from jet lag – he settled dow very quickly.”
The trip also helped George to “cruise,” holding onto furniture while he attempted to walk.
Nanny Jessie couldn’t travel with the royal trio to Australia and New Zealand, so the Duke and Duchess had to look for a new nanny. A friend then recommended Spanish-born Maria Teresa Turrion Borallo, whose child-rearing skills include self-defence, high-speed driving and dealing with paparazzi.
Although George will one day inherit the throne, “William and Kate want George to enjoy a royal upbringing.” They make sure that George get to spend time with children his age.
“They take George to playdates at the homes of friends, among them Kate’s old Marlborough friend Alice St John Webster, who has a baby several months older than George.”
George, who will turn one on July 22, might be a big brother soon, though.
“...there are rumours among the couple’s friends that they plan to try this summer,” Nicholl reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal