Arrow Season 3 Spoilers and Casting Update: Felicity's Love Interest, Superman Joins Cast
By Tanya Diente | July 9, 2014 10:36 AM EST
"Arrow" fans will be thrilled to know that Season 3 of the DC comics-inspired TV series has added the "Superman Returns" star Brandon Routh as another character to the show. He is set to portray another DC superhero who is hinted to be Felicity's possible love interest.
A fan of Costa Rica holds a superman toy while watching a broadcast of the 2014 World Cup round of 16 game between Costa Rica and Greece, in San Jose June 29, 2014.
Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that Brandon Routh has been recruited by CW to play another DC superhero in the Season 3 of the hit show "Arrow." Routh, who portrayed the "Man of Steel" in "Superman Returns," will bring life to the character of Ray Palmer, otherwise known as "The Atom."
Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer will be an extraordinary scientist and inventor. He is actually "The Atom's" alter ego. He will play an important role in Oliver Queen's (Arrow) life since he will unexpectedly become the new CEO of Queen Consolidated. Being a CEO, Palmer comes up with plans for Queen Consolidated's Applied Sciences Division which will be masked in mystery.
Additionally, Ray Palmer is said to throw a curveball or two into the subplots involving Felicity. TVline has hinted that Brandon Routh's character could be a love interest for Felicity.
Meanwhile, Brandon Routh as "The Atom" in the Season 3 of "Arrow" is a superhero with the ability to shrink down to a subatomic size.
Ray Palmer became "The Atom" during the Silver Age. According to dc.wikia, the original "The Atom" was Al Pratt during the Golden Age. However, Ray Palmer took the name as his alter-ego when he developed the equipment that enables him to shrink his size while maintaining regular mass.
Aside from shrinking in size, Ray Palmer's alter-ego can reportedly also simulate flight like Brandon Routh's "Superman" character.
"The Atom" is a member of the "Justice League," "Teen Titans," "Suicide Squad" and "Indigo Tribe." Although he has appeared in numerous series from these DC comic books, and in animated versions of the series, TVline reported that appearing in the Season 3 of "Arrow" would be the first time the superhero is given a live-action treatment.
Brandon Routh as "Ray Palmer" aka "The Atom" is said to be a major role in the hit show. He is the latest addition to the cast, joining Devon Aoki, Peter Stormare and John Barrowman in the Season 3 of "Arrow," which will air on Oct. 8 on the CW.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0