Arrow Season 3 Spoilers and Casting Update: Felicity's Love Interest, Superman Joins Cast
By Tanya Diente | July 9, 2014 10:36 AM EST
"Arrow" fans will be thrilled to know that Season 3 of the DC comics-inspired TV series has added the "Superman Returns" star Brandon Routh as another character to the show. He is set to portray another DC superhero who is hinted to be Felicity's possible love interest.
A fan of Costa Rica holds a superman toy while watching a broadcast of the 2014 World Cup round of 16 game between Costa Rica and Greece, in San Jose June 29, 2014.
Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that Brandon Routh has been recruited by CW to play another DC superhero in the Season 3 of the hit show "Arrow." Routh, who portrayed the "Man of Steel" in "Superman Returns," will bring life to the character of Ray Palmer, otherwise known as "The Atom."
Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer will be an extraordinary scientist and inventor. He is actually "The Atom's" alter ego. He will play an important role in Oliver Queen's (Arrow) life since he will unexpectedly become the new CEO of Queen Consolidated. Being a CEO, Palmer comes up with plans for Queen Consolidated's Applied Sciences Division which will be masked in mystery.
Additionally, Ray Palmer is said to throw a curveball or two into the subplots involving Felicity. TVline has hinted that Brandon Routh's character could be a love interest for Felicity.
Meanwhile, Brandon Routh as "The Atom" in the Season 3 of "Arrow" is a superhero with the ability to shrink down to a subatomic size.
Ray Palmer became "The Atom" during the Silver Age. According to dc.wikia, the original "The Atom" was Al Pratt during the Golden Age. However, Ray Palmer took the name as his alter-ego when he developed the equipment that enables him to shrink his size while maintaining regular mass.
Aside from shrinking in size, Ray Palmer's alter-ego can reportedly also simulate flight like Brandon Routh's "Superman" character.
"The Atom" is a member of the "Justice League," "Teen Titans," "Suicide Squad" and "Indigo Tribe." Although he has appeared in numerous series from these DC comic books, and in animated versions of the series, TVline reported that appearing in the Season 3 of "Arrow" would be the first time the superhero is given a live-action treatment.
Brandon Routh as "Ray Palmer" aka "The Atom" is said to be a major role in the hit show. He is the latest addition to the cast, joining Devon Aoki, Peter Stormare and John Barrowman in the Season 3 of "Arrow," which will air on Oct. 8 on the CW.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed