Arrow Season 3 Spoilers and Casting Update: Felicity's Love Interest, Superman Joins Cast
By Tanya Diente | July 9, 2014 10:36 AM EST
"Arrow" fans will be thrilled to know that Season 3 of the DC comics-inspired TV series has added the "Superman Returns" star Brandon Routh as another character to the show. He is set to portray another DC superhero who is hinted to be Felicity's possible love interest.
A fan of Costa Rica holds a superman toy while watching a broadcast of the 2014 World Cup round of 16 game between Costa Rica and Greece, in San Jose June 29, 2014.
Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that Brandon Routh has been recruited by CW to play another DC superhero in the Season 3 of the hit show "Arrow." Routh, who portrayed the "Man of Steel" in "Superman Returns," will bring life to the character of Ray Palmer, otherwise known as "The Atom."
Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer will be an extraordinary scientist and inventor. He is actually "The Atom's" alter ego. He will play an important role in Oliver Queen's (Arrow) life since he will unexpectedly become the new CEO of Queen Consolidated. Being a CEO, Palmer comes up with plans for Queen Consolidated's Applied Sciences Division which will be masked in mystery.
Additionally, Ray Palmer is said to throw a curveball or two into the subplots involving Felicity. TVline has hinted that Brandon Routh's character could be a love interest for Felicity.
Meanwhile, Brandon Routh as "The Atom" in the Season 3 of "Arrow" is a superhero with the ability to shrink down to a subatomic size.
Ray Palmer became "The Atom" during the Silver Age. According to dc.wikia, the original "The Atom" was Al Pratt during the Golden Age. However, Ray Palmer took the name as his alter-ego when he developed the equipment that enables him to shrink his size while maintaining regular mass.
Aside from shrinking in size, Ray Palmer's alter-ego can reportedly also simulate flight like Brandon Routh's "Superman" character.
"The Atom" is a member of the "Justice League," "Teen Titans," "Suicide Squad" and "Indigo Tribe." Although he has appeared in numerous series from these DC comic books, and in animated versions of the series, TVline reported that appearing in the Season 3 of "Arrow" would be the first time the superhero is given a live-action treatment.
Brandon Routh as "Ray Palmer" aka "The Atom" is said to be a major role in the hit show. He is the latest addition to the cast, joining Devon Aoki, Peter Stormare and John Barrowman in the Season 3 of "Arrow," which will air on Oct. 8 on the CW.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys