Arrow Season 3 Spoilers and Casting Update: Felicity's Love Interest, Superman Joins Cast
By Tanya Diente | July 9, 2014 10:36 AM EST
"Arrow" fans will be thrilled to know that Season 3 of the DC comics-inspired TV series has added the "Superman Returns" star Brandon Routh as another character to the show. He is set to portray another DC superhero who is hinted to be Felicity's possible love interest.
A fan of Costa Rica holds a superman toy while watching a broadcast of the 2014 World Cup round of 16 game between Costa Rica and Greece, in San Jose June 29, 2014.
Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that Brandon Routh has been recruited by CW to play another DC superhero in the Season 3 of the hit show "Arrow." Routh, who portrayed the "Man of Steel" in "Superman Returns," will bring life to the character of Ray Palmer, otherwise known as "The Atom."
Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer will be an extraordinary scientist and inventor. He is actually "The Atom's" alter ego. He will play an important role in Oliver Queen's (Arrow) life since he will unexpectedly become the new CEO of Queen Consolidated. Being a CEO, Palmer comes up with plans for Queen Consolidated's Applied Sciences Division which will be masked in mystery.
Additionally, Ray Palmer is said to throw a curveball or two into the subplots involving Felicity. TVline has hinted that Brandon Routh's character could be a love interest for Felicity.
Meanwhile, Brandon Routh as "The Atom" in the Season 3 of "Arrow" is a superhero with the ability to shrink down to a subatomic size.
Ray Palmer became "The Atom" during the Silver Age. According to dc.wikia, the original "The Atom" was Al Pratt during the Golden Age. However, Ray Palmer took the name as his alter-ego when he developed the equipment that enables him to shrink his size while maintaining regular mass.
Aside from shrinking in size, Ray Palmer's alter-ego can reportedly also simulate flight like Brandon Routh's "Superman" character.
"The Atom" is a member of the "Justice League," "Teen Titans," "Suicide Squad" and "Indigo Tribe." Although he has appeared in numerous series from these DC comic books, and in animated versions of the series, TVline reported that appearing in the Season 3 of "Arrow" would be the first time the superhero is given a live-action treatment.
Brandon Routh as "Ray Palmer" aka "The Atom" is said to be a major role in the hit show. He is the latest addition to the cast, joining Devon Aoki, Peter Stormare and John Barrowman in the Season 3 of "Arrow," which will air on Oct. 8 on the CW.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage